“Holiday Lanka Explorer - Book with them!”

Sri Lanka Diving Tours - Negombo
More attraction details
Owner description: Sri Lanka Diving Tours the only 5 star Instructor development dive center in Negombo operating three dive Centers around the island & first and the only dive center to offer Technical Diving in Sri Lanka with the Sri Lanka's only Master Instructor & TEC Deep Instructor Felician Fernando (Feli).
Reviewed April 25, 2014

During our holiday to Sri Lanka we booked a private driver to take us to our Jetwing resort from the airport, then at the end of our trip to the Elephant orphanage, the tea factory, the mountains of central Sri Lanka, the Cultural Show, the Temple of the Tooth, the silk exhibition and the wood carving tour. The driver was always on time, give us some great information during our tour and proved to be very pleasant indeed.

3  Thank LeeMcGarrigal
in 8 reviews
in 10 reviews
in 7 reviews

Reviewed March 11, 2014

Good enough diving experience and very able divers here, but both mornings I arrived all I did for an hour or more was watch them try to organize everything. Almost all diver operators I've dived with in the past have been highly organized and I think they have to be for many reasons including safety. This operation is professional but they do need to step up their game as far as being organized in the morning and communicating with clients. I still don't really know who my dive guide was, and dive profiling was a bit casual

4  Thank longjourneys
Feli F, Owner at Sri Lanka Diving Tours - Negombo, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2014

It's nice that divers come out with various comments. We had two bad days. Tried something new.
Wrecks off Colombo to travel by our speed boat. There isn't a jetty to launch the boat. Launching the BOAT was the chaos. Now we have made alternative arrangements. Anyway thanks for keeping us
informed. We will take more efforts and prevent the chaos..
Thanks for diving with us.

Reviewed February 20, 2014

I did one days diving with Feli.
I watched him with some newly qualified divers & conduct some scuba reviews.
A nice friendly guy who comes across as a caring Instructor.
He runs a safe, well organised outfit.

The diving was OK. The reefs we visited had no living hard corals, but with a surprisingly large amount & variety of fish
I am not reviewing him on that. Diving is what it is. Sometimes good, sometimes not.
He did warn me he was conducting training and I may not want to come along.

Some of his rental kit needs attention ( perished Reg hose, leaky tank valves, and reg mouthpiece tied instead of cable tied on).

I will be diving with Feli next year when i plan to visit HMS Hermes and other deep wrecks on the East coast.

3  Thank The_Miri_Epicure
Reviewed January 29, 2014

I had a really good day out with this friendly and professional diving centre. The equipment and staff were excellent. The diving doesn't have the spectacular marine life of the Red Sea or the scenery of somewhere like Gozo but the viz was acceptable and there were plenty of beautiful fish to look at.

2  Thank Huw Allison D
See more reviews
Reviewed January 6, 2014

We booked for my daughter and I to dive and my parents, wife and son to go snorkelling recently. It had been pretty choppy for a couple of days before hand and the snorkelling guide was quite apologetic about the visibility so took them on a tour of Negombo water ways and canal before having a 40 minute snorkel. This turned out to be significantly better than he had implied it would be, although the visibility wasn't fantastic it was not too bad.

The dive team were really supportive and helpful as it had been a couple of years since we had dived. The first dive was on a decent wreck with good fish life. The second was on a reef. The visibility in both cases was reasonable and the fish life good. The coral architecture was pretty limited on the reef. I didn't have great expectations based on some previous comments and I think the diving was slightly better than I had anticipated.

Fili and his team were not only really helpful with the diving but in lots of other ways as well. They were relaxed and friendly at all times and very professional throughout.

3  Thank Andrew m