Serendib Guest House
$87
Royal Castle(Negombo)
$41
$26
All reviewssri lankasmall poolbreakfast was amazingport of calltwo nightsthe main roadairport pickgreat place to startnegombo beachrooms are largenice gardenquiet locationbefore flying homerestaurants and shopswelcome drinkfish marketguesthouse
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I've just stayed here for 3 nights at the start of 3 week trip and I used the airport pick up service and got a warm welcome from Buddika when I arrived. The accommodation is lovely with huge comfortable beds, good fan and air com and the breakfast is more of a feast! Free water and tea is a great bonus. Would definitely recommend staying here, it is as good as everyone says it is.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank Alison D
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I would like to give them more than 5 stars. This place is wonderful, peaceful, relaxing, with great service and so much more! I'm travelling longer time with low-budget, but wanted to have luxury for my last night. It's worth every rupies. They gave me discount because I didn't have my breakfast and have to leave so early to the airport. I think it's better than many good hotels I had been. So if you are also travelling with low-bugdet please do yourself a favor and spend even that one or two nights in Serendib. I promise you don't regret that. I want to come back eat that breakfast of yours and also visit those orphankids. Your place is the best!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
Reviewed October 20, 2013

It’s been roughly two months since I was in Negombo and stayed at Serendib Guesthouse, but I’ve been meaning to write a review ever since and owe it to Hilary to see my plans through. She was an exquisite host, not only during our time there, but also before our arrival and while we were touring the rest of Sri Lanka. Her online support and ability to answer all my questions quickly and pertinently deserves my heartfelt gratitude.

I spent two nights at Serendib Guesthouse, upon arriving to Sri Lanka, and then prior to leaving, with two weeks in between to visit other establishments and really get a sense as to what accommodations in a similar price range are like throughout the island. Serendib was a great welcome to the country, and an equally great place to bid farewell. I have given high marks to other guesthouses in Sri Lanka, but I can easily say Serendib was hands down the best one as far as creature comforts were concerned. And again, I can’t stress how helpful Hilary and everyone involved with the management of the guesthouse were.

Breakfast was spectacular, and what a pleasant (and refreshing) surprise it was that fruit juice should be provided along with coffee or tea! Of all the places I stayed at, this was, shockingly, the only one in which water, coffee and tea were offered free of charge around the clock, and in which juice was served with breakfast: in a warm country, beverages are an important amenity... Yet, apparently, a rare one in this particular country.

The driver service they set up for me was more fairly priced than others I saw advertised, so no complaints there either. While independent travel on local buses is clearly much cheaper and actually a lot of fun, it was well worth taking a car and driver to get to Sigiriya on my second day in the country, and then to reach Negombo from Mirissa on my next-to-last day.

All in all, thumbs up for Serendib Guesthouse and for Hilary!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
Hilsmedic, Owner at Serendib Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 22, 2013

Hello! Thank you so much for this wonderful review, I'm so pleased you enjoyed your short time at Serendib & you were comfortable here.

The whole team join me in the thanks and wish you well, it goes without saying you are welcome to return to our home at any time, we look forward to meeting you again.

Best wishes,
Hilary & Buddika.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

Hi,

Well, What can I say....??? Everything was excellent about Accommodation Food Service etc.... can't complaint at all as it was the Best Holiday I had with my partner for a week in Srilanka and will be back next year or so. Not to mention also 02 beautiful Dogs Cleo & Fergus so friendly & loveable Dogs to have in a such a nice place like Serendip Guest House.

Special thanks to Buddika & Hilary who looked after us through out our holiday and can't find any faults. Keep up the good work & wish you both the success in the future in running the Serendip Guest House with more and more happy guests with excellent comments in the TripAdvisor.

I would like to mention also The Petit Restaurant where we had our meals most of the times. their food was lovely and tasty too with a reasonable price and not over price like other places....

Thanks

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Hilsmedic, Owner at Serendib Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time here to review our guest house. We are happy you enjoyed your stay here, the garden is a peaceful place to relax after a long journey.

We welcome you back here at any time - see you next year!

Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a very well appointed Guest House with excellent facilities, including pool.
The management is friendly, very helpful and highly attentive. A signature feature of the standard of hospitality is the extremely generous breakfast.
The location is less than 30 minutes from Colombo International Airport, within easy walking distance from several excellent restaurants - notably Le Petit Restaurant.
The strong home-style ambience is further enhanced by the two dogs who easily adopt guests iinto their affection and play.
I could not recommend this Guest House too highly.

John Roe