“Local food, cooked just for you!”

Oysters Restuarant and Bar
Ranked #44 of 180 Restaurants in Negombo
Cuisines: International
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: http://www.tripwolf.com/en/guide/show/288823/Sri-Lanka/Negombo/Oysters . PHONE 0312274000
Reviewed November 25, 2012

We called in here for a meal whilst on holiday in Negombo - the restaurant is opposite the Jetwing Blue hotel. The staff are very helpful, service was good (remember you are in Sri Lanka - not a city in the UK!), the food was prepared and cooked just for us. We called back again on another evening (since we had really enjoyed our first meal), had another well prepared local dish - the quality and quantity (no small portions) was really good and the price was extremely reasonable! Recommended!

Reviewed November 7, 2012 via mobile

Our hotel manager was out for the night and we walked over to Oyster's for a bite without his local opinion. Instead we once again relied on the Lonely planet to guide us to terrible eats It is still quiet here in Sri Lanka due to the rain, but there were a few tables filled with European travelers. We thought this a good sign. I ordered curry vegetable for myself and a jumbo-prawn curry dish for my wife.
My curry was very bland and lacking anything resembling a real vegetable. The jumbo prawns came (a local Negombo specialty) and the plate contained 1 jumbo prawn and a dozen or so tiny 1 to 2 inch shrimp (most were not cleaned of legs or shell). I asked the waiter about the discrepancy and he said they ran out earlier. Good info to have before you order. Anyway with a large Lion Larger and an orange Fanta the bill came to over $22 US.

Skip it!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went there on a public holiday. It was very busy and there weren't enough waiters. Food arrived at different times, some people had finished meals before others arrived. more expensive than the 4 star hotels across the road. they tried hard but not good value.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was very good and reasonably priced, but the service was disorganised. The waitress was pretty cute in her own little way though so I could not grumble. This and tuskers were the best ones that we found during our 10 day trip. you can also see the guy cooking your food.

1  Thank Darren D
Reviewed July 20, 2012

In the part of Negombo where I stayed, the restaurants do not seem very high standard to me, I passed Oysters, it said all dishes cooked fresh, best place in Negombo, modestly. Sure enough, the place was almost full, other eating places were empty. The prices were two to three times the price of the small local unattractive places to eat that line the road. There was the normal 10% service fee, grrrr to be added, but seeing it was my last night in Sri Lanka, I though I would use some of my remaining rupees. The food took 10-15 minutes to arrive, which could be a good sign, I ordered grilled white fish, that must be very plentiful along this coast. Sure enough, the plate was full and very very attractively presented, the lady chef had done a good job. Then I looked closer, the fish consisted of a single, very very thin slice. But the rest of the rice, salad, and a mild curry sauce, crunchy strips of poppadum was excellent ,'don't get me wrong! It was just the tiny slice of fish annoyed me, in light of the price I was paying in a fishing town where fish were plentiful and cheap. The place was well decorated and the chef was visible, just the typical ripping of tourists that seems to be the norm in Sri Lanka