“relatively expensive, slow service”

Oysters Restuarant and Bar
Ranked #40 of 162 Restaurants in Negombo
Cuisines: Asian, Sri Lankan, Seafood, International
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: http://www.tripwolf.com/en/guide/show/288823/Sri-Lanka/Negombo/Oysters . PHONE 0312274000
Bangkok
“relatively expensive, slow service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We went there on a public holiday. It was very busy and there weren't enough waiters. Food arrived at different times, some people had finished meals before others arrived. more expensive than the 4 star hotels across the road. they tried hard but not good value.

• Visited September 2012

• Polish first
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Cute Waitress”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

The food was very good and reasonably priced, but the service was disorganised. The waitress was pretty cute in her own little way though so I could not grumble. This and tuskers were the best ones that we found during our 10 day trip. you can also see the guy cooking your food.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Darren D
Paris
“beautifullly presented but fish slice was so small and thin, i could hardly see it”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2012

In the part of Negombo where I stayed, the restaurants do not seem very high standard to me, I passed Oysters, it said all dishes cooked fresh, best place in Negombo, modestly. Sure enough, the place was almost full, other eating places were empty. The prices were two to three times the price of the small local unattractive places to eat that line the road. There was the normal 10% service fee, grrrr to be added, but seeing it was my last night in Sri Lanka, I though I would use some of my remaining rupees. The food took 10-15 minutes to arrive, which could be a good sign, I ordered grilled white fish, that must be very plentiful along this coast. Sure enough, the plate was full and very very attractively presented, the lady chef had done a good job. Then I looked closer, the fish consisted of a single, very very thin slice. But the rest of the rice, salad, and a mild curry sauce, crunchy strips of poppadum was excellent ,'don't get me wrong! It was just the tiny slice of fish annoyed me, in light of the price I was paying in a fishing town where fish were plentiful and cheap. The place was well decorated and the chef was visible, just the typical ripping of tourists that seems to be the norm in Sri Lanka

• Visited July 2012
Colombo
“As poor as..?”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2012

Father's day 2012.

The restaurant is quaint and obviously well-liked if one follows the comments of previous patrons. We were less impressed on the day and this points to something we come across a lot in Sri Lanka; inconsistency.

I ordered the grilled white fish but there was none available. I then ordered the grilled calamari. My wife order the Oyster fried chicken topped with fried onion.

The smells coming from the kitchen were amazing That 'garlicy almost burning' smell that you associate with grilled calamari is enough to drive anybody crazy and I was really looking forward to my meal. When it arrived I was miffed. Eight "ketchup bottle-top" size rings, accompanied by a handful of fries and coleslaw with lumps of stodgy mayo splattered over it. The waiter then arrived with my wife's meal; a couple fried frozen chicken cutlets (sans onions) with the very same salad and fries. I counted out my meagre portion of calamari and was told there wasn't enough and they would charge me less than the advertised price. When I pointed out that they could have informed me that there wasn't enough he shrugged. Then when I pointed out that the chicken was missing its onions I was told that the two girls doing the cooking were trainees. Well, there's not a hell of a lot you can say when faced with such a compelling excuse, so I paid (a little less) and left having been served a very expensive starter portion of Calamari and my wife a glorified chicken burger. Bad show Oysters.

• Visited June 2012
1 Thank ericefrank
Qrendi
“excellent curry”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 4, 2012

Visited this restaurant in Poya Holiday. Poya is the name given to this popular Buddhist holiday, in full celebration whenever there is a full moon.
The restaurant was specially lit with colourful fairy lights, complementing this festive day.
We enjoyed a Sri Lankan chicken curry which was nicely served with egg fried rice and long shreddings of poppadum.
Staff was nice, polite and always with a smile.
Some more effort is need in the decor...but on all in all, judging on the food and cleanliness, we would give a 9 out of 10 ranking.
Loved the open kitchen ... you can enjoy your drinks while watching the chef preparing the tasty dishes.

• Visited June 2012