“The best holiday I have ever taken!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Shini's Place

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Negombo
Shini's Place
Ranked #83 of 208 Negombo B&B and Inns
London
“The best holiday I have ever taken!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2010

This was the best holiday I have ever taken. I booked for 2 weeks as an anniversary gift for my partner.
The booking was quick and easy by telephone with the number I got from the web site Shinisplace and I was made to feel special which is a rare thing these days as most telephone agents just want to get as much money out of you as possible but the way we were treated was on a personal level but still very professional.
Everything was arranged efficiently and was told that if I had any other questions just to call back any time.
I felt uneasy prior to arriving as we are a gay couple but that didn't seem to offend or cause any issues whatsoever with the host and we were made to feel very welcome.
We were met at the airport by our host and driven personally to the villa which is a very personal touch and we felt very important as most of the holiday makers from the same flight were left to fend for themselves to scrounge for transport and were left stranded it seemed.
The host was very attentive to our needs as we were quite hot and thirsty from the journey and even endeavored to get bottled water for us to drink whilst we travelled which was great!
When we arrived, we were shown around the villa and to our bedroom and I was surprised as to how clean it actually was. A very high standard in our opinion.
It was the most interesting resort I visited whilst being there and there are plenty of restaurants and bars to visit locally.
You are asked every evening what you would like for your breakfast which is then served on the balcony every morning which made this villa even better as normally I don't eat most of the rubbish you get from hotel breakfast buffets. It was so personalised to our needs!
We had an invitation to dine with the owners 1 night of the week who personally prepared a traditional Sri Lankan meal which made us feel like part of the family. The meal was absolutely amazing and again the personal service we received was just fantastic. I'm not sure if this is part of the package or just a special gift to us as it was our anniversary.
The beach itself is also very clean with lovely warm blue waters perfect for relaxing in.
Later on in the week we were taken by our host on a trip to Galle and the surrounding resorts and he arranged an overnight stay for us so we could see the surrounding areas in our own time. It was interesting to see the places where the Tsunami mostly damaged, but most of it has been rebuilt now.
It truly was the most attentive and professional service I’ve had from a B&B establishment and I will definitely be back to stay here the next time I visit Sri Lanka.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
5 Thank pianoplummet

Families
Business
derbys
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 14, 2010

well, we was met at the airport by owner and within 20 mins we was unpacking our bag ready to begin our holiday. we was welcomed by a beer what went down very well. we was informed of the best places to eat and also the best hotel to use to have full use of sunbeds and pool and it was noly a 5 min walk away. The owner was very friendly and anything we needed like water, beers ect he would pop to the local shops and get for us ready for when we returned from the beach. All our island tours we did throu him as he hired a nice car and took us where ever we wanted to go, he also arranged overnight stays at some resorts south of the island for us so we did not have to rush seeing anything. A great holiday we had at shini's place and we could not have asked him to look after us any better. we went on bed and breakfst basis and had the whole villa to ourselves, so it worked out very cheap. Will be going back again soon.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple