“Near to airport. Average to below average rooms, excellent service with a smile”

Paradise Beach Hotel
Ranked #16 of 44 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

I flew in late at night to the international airport at around 11pm and reached the hotel within 20 minutes. Front desk greeted me with a smile and with a cocktail which was appreciated. Rooms were very average for the price you pay but perhaps this is around all Sri Lanka as the hotels are few and tourist arrivals are increasing. Hopefully this will change in the future. Bathroom was mediocre and beds were not that comfy. Aircon was barely working but there is a ceiling fan. Location was ok as it is on the beach and airport. The beach is quite good as well with nice yellow sand. The reason I gave 4 instead of 3 stars is because of the excellent service but that is it. The hotel for me is a good one night stay only.

• Stayed: March 2013
Write a ReviewReviews (1,126)

Reviewed February 27, 2013

My wife and I used to stay at another hotel in Negombo but, after the rooms were renovated, the prices doubled and we moved to the Paradise Beach Hotel. We will probably continue to stay there as the prices are competitive, the position is excellent, the food is good and reasonably priced, we now know many of the staff, we know the management and we can and have offered some suggestions, which have been acted upon. We enjoyed a further stay there earlier this month.

Room Tip: We were very pleased with the third floor room we were given on our first stay at the hotel and book...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maioha
Reviewed February 25, 2013 via mobile

We stayed twice at this hotel. I chose this place since the hospitality of the front office and they were flexible during my early arrival both times.
Though the rooms were not our expectations food and the service was good.
Location is nice.

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank TeaTreats
Reviewed February 22, 2013

This was our 2nd trip to Paradise Beach, Negombo, and was just as pleasant as the first one. I have read come of the negative reviews and wonder just what people expect form a 3* hotel. It is clean, the food is varied with plenty of choice, the staff can't do enough for you. Yes, it could maybe do with updating a bit, the bedrooms would benefit from a coat of paint, but this doesn't detract from the fact that even in a 5* I'm sure the atmosphere and the helpfulness of the staff could not be better.

Room Tip: We enjoyed the 3rd floor, but I'm sure the others will be similar. All have a view of the oceon.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2013

Stayed here for the last four days of our three week holiday,the staff were very friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean but dated,the hotel is being refurbished next year.The grounds and pool area are good always got a sunbed,the food was very great. We enjoyed staying here it was a relaxing end to a great holiday.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 13, 2013

We had a super time in Sri Lanka and had chosen an hotel near the airport as our final stay. I was apprehensive about it being a 'night club' type and with rowdy youngsters. However I was really happy when we arrived and saw the views and the people quietly lounging around the hotel garden and the beach.
The staff were extremely pleasant, the food was good, relaxing around the bar/pool area and reading was certainly a good end to our visit to Sri LAnka. The hotel room lovely and fresh and separate towels provided for the beach - sea is great for swimming in.
I think the most memorable part was the evening when a one-man band with keyboard-Samantha - started singing whilst we were having dinner - how wonderful. His voice was good and he sung a varied selection of songs - his rendering of John Lennon's 'Imagine' was really good. All the people around certainly applauded him and a few couples took to dancing where they could find space. I hope to stay at the PAradise on our next visit and do hope that Samantha is there when we next visit.
At around 10 pm the music stopped and all was quiet for a good night's sleep. Suited us perfectly particularly after the rowdy start we had to our holiday at Unawantuna on the south coast where the music stopped just before the dawn chorus started.
One point to mention are the shopkeepers near the hotel - many are just out to con the visitors. I bought a large Sri Lankan flag for Rps 1000 - it was not new since it was stained with paint and obviously been used - it appeared 5 mins within me asking if the shop had one - I wondered which pole the man had climbed and taken it from. However I was grateful for actually finding one which I wanted before returning home. Hadn't realised the airport sold them new for $7!! Never mind.

Ann Wheeler, Alderney, Channel Islands.

Room Tip: The higher the floor the better the view. I think first floor rooms probably not so good as they are...
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Ann W
Reviewed February 12, 2013

i booked for one month,and on first relection the hotel looked tired and dated.i never complain,but my room was above the the bar and alll i could see from my balcony was the gar roof with several air condition units to look at.the breakfast was always good,but thats about it.the poolwas small and if 6 people in it thenithere was not much room for swimming.the worst thing i found was the amount of sri-lankan functions that take place there.the can be quit large and at times very noisey and rowdy..i felt they let down the paying hotel guests..

Room Tip: go look at the room first before accepting it.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo