“reasonable rate for good accommodation...”

Golden Star Beach Hotel
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed May 9, 2013

if you want to have a good location for your vacation, very friendly staff..nice swimming pool.. very nice beach area, very good room and very clean. bathroom is good.. clean beach! nice management........i recommend it to everyone to stay in this hotel..very delicious breakfast!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Evgeniya G

Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

It might have just been for the couple of days of our stay but there was a lot of building work going on directly above our room. It started at 9am and was still going at 5pm when we left for the airport. This perhaps wouldn't have been so bad if the people down the hall weren't having a party until midnight and we could hear the tv and the baby crying in the room next door to us. I know that all if these things are coincidental but I think that if the hotel had perhaps moved us to a room further from the works or maybe had thicker walls it might have been less noticeable..most hotels close during building refurbishments and it might have been wise for Golden Star to follow their example.

In terms of general service we ordered the set 5 course meal and were surprised when our main course turned up first. When we questioned it the waiter said that we should have ordered the other 2 courses if we wanted them. Luckily they did sort it by giving us the first 2 courses after the main course.

There was however no apology for the mess up with courses, no apology for the party down the corridor and no apology for the building work. Funnily enough the only time they asked whether we had a nice stay was when they saw trip advisor open on the laptop. Needless to say, when we return to Sri Lanka we won't be staying again.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Gemma A
Reviewed April 20, 2013

we have been 5 weeks in sri lanka, traveling with two little children. we decided to spend our last days in negombo golden star beach hotel, it was perfect place to finish our holiday. very relaxing hotel, friendly staff, nice and clean pool and very tasty food. we really enjoyed our last days in this hotel.
we can really recommend this place.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Corina S
Reviewed April 17, 2013

i have been here more 4 times in last 3 years i feel this is the place i can spend my holiday.
i came as a guest and i go as friend. all staff are very warmly friendly..

pool side are very nice you can get such a good sun,, and also beach are very nice you can walk soo far...

Room Tip: rooms large and sunny
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Andrea F
Reviewed April 13, 2013

My wife and I stayed here for our last 6 nights in Sri Lanka and decided to spend more than normal for a room, (10,000. rupees a night with breakfast) and were very pleased with the breakfast and friendly service. The room was clean and all of the electrical appliances funtioned which is not always the case. What disturbed me however was the noise from work being performed on two new rooms beside the swimming pool and near the beach. I complained to the hotel staff but it made no difference, from 08.30 to 17.00 all you could hear was jack hammers etc; The management offered me another room but it would have made no difference if you wanted to lay on the beach. After I arrived home I wrote a letter of complaint but have so far not received a reply. After visiting Sri Lanka 4 times and this time for 10 weeks I rate the hotel to be overpriced for what it is.

Room Tip: Room number 18
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Patrick H
Reviewed April 11, 2013

the beach is very nice and very clean,, the food was very good also price has excellent..
golden star hotel staff is soo friendly, they are always ready to help for every body.

we had such a fun sports activites, beach vollie and some other games that was soo good..
thanks for that..

so i can recomend this is a nice hotel.

Room Tip: south side rooms are better
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 3, 2013

Very nice rooms...nice and clean beach. Very good and kind staff. Friendly too! Good service. I was very pleased with my stay at golden star. I will come back as soon as possible... I recommend this hotel to any traveller in the world, i am very sure that they will provide a good service as they did to me! The view was very nice from room number 53 which they allocated to me..

• Stayed: March 2013