Kikili House
$230
$155
Hotels.com
Fort Inn Guest House(Galle)(Great Value!)
$44
$73
Amangalla(Galle)
$550
SmithHotels.com
All reviewshonesty barbeach bagfrothy milkstandard in sri lankashampoo and conditionerenjoyed staying heretuk tukresident doghome away from homeegg hopperspretty gardengalle fortexcellent place to staymonth in sri lankaideal locationbed and breakfastread a book
Reviewed June 3, 2013

This is the perfect place to stat in Galle if you are looking for high style, 5 star attention and reasonable prices. It was right in the middle of the town and close to everything. A total joy to stay in and the staff were wonderful. Each morning we discussed our plans for the day and whatever was need appeared and got arranged.
A perfect stay in a stunning gem of a house.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Worboxor
Henri T, Marketing Assistant at Kikili House, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2015

Thank you for staying with us, great to hear that everything was as you wished. 'A total joy' is a lovely way to describe your stay. It was a total joy to have you with us also! Do come again soon.

Reviewed June 2, 2013

Owners Hen and Koki have infused their lovely guesthouse with a special kind of magic that will help make your stay in Sri Lanka a very memorable one for all the right reasons. I only had the pleasure of staying there for one night but would happily return and stay for the duration of any future trips to Galle. Colourfully decorated, Kikili is a feast for the eyes reflecting the wonderful vitality of Sri Lanka, but at the same time it’s a soothing haven of tranquillity. Within an hour of arriving I was contentedly nodding off over a good read in the book-lined lounge. The house feels homely enough to put you instantly at ease, helped by the relaxed warmth of Hen and Koki. Yet it also has oodles of style and is full of thoughtful and luxurious touches that will leave you feeling way more pampered than you would in your average guesthouse. Among other sweet features my room had padded hangers, Kikili bathrobes, good quality toiletries in the lovely en suite shower room, a very lovely sunhat and beachbag with beach towel, or fluffy blanket for my use (see pics), and a copy of Vogue. Plus the sunny terraces, beautiful sunny little garden, sunny hosts, and sunny staff all make Kikili a very bright and happy place to stay. I was also fortunate enough to experience one of Kikili's events on the evening of my stay - a Bollywood themed dinner party with delicious Indian banquet by a great guest chef, and incredible attention to detail in the fabulously vibrant décor (pic). I can’t wait to go back.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank SpillTheBeans75

We hope to see you again very soon here at Kikili House. We are delighted we made you feel at home here. It's the small details that make all the difference when you are away from home, especially in another country! The dinner party was a fabulous night, made even more special by the guests that we had present. Thank you for all your comments, we love to give our guests and happy and warm experience here.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

I had the recent joy of staying at Kikili House and just being one of the Family. Henri and her staff are inclusive, yet have the ability to leave guests to their own. the rooms are very pleasant, I stayed in a double and while lovely for one person, would of been a bit squeezy for two. so ask for a larger room as they have them. there is no pool and the 90+% humidity would of made my stay perfect. We had western and traditional breakfast. Staying in a B&B was not my first choice, but I would thoroughly recommend it, we found out more about the local goings on, we had wonderful and interesting guests there. I am going back again in January and will definately stay with Henri and the team again. Close to the city centre in Galle, pick up plenty of spices and tea!!
Kilkili thanks for your kindness and see you in January. !!!! room pricing a little high for May.

Room Tip: If there are more than one of you, ask for a larger room. they have two that are quite spacious. I stayed in a regular double, very cute, but would of been a bit of a squeeze for two people.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenny B

We were so pleased to see you again when you came back to us! It was a pleasure to have your company here again with us at Kikili House. Idealy it would be fabulous to have a pool however our hideaway here doesnt quite accommodate it, we hope you still found some lovely tranquility and restbite in the shade of the garden and in the wonderfully furnished house. Our rooms here vary in size and we will always try to accommodate the guests wishes. We are thrilled you enjoyed spending your time here with us. See you again soon hopefully!

Reviewed May 31, 2013

I had my best first solo travel experience at Kikilli.. not used to travelling "a la just one", I felt at home instantly.. Loved the colourful, warm interiors, my 4 poster private ensuite room, the generous breakfasts, no time restrictions and the ease of the proprietors and other guests. I had massages recommended, a pool for my daily laps and transport to various local beaches organised swiftly.. I'd done no planning, except to book my flight & a few nights to start at Kikilli... I joined in with other passing visitors at the house so had company for dinner & drinks, a private yoga lesson on the roof terrace & everything organised without a glitch. I extended my initial three night stay to a whole week before heading inland.. Galle is gorgeous and for me Kikilli became a home away from home.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank Guljeet

It's great to hear you made the most of your time here and you felt so at home with us. We welcome solo travellers as well as groups and couples. We always try to help you to feel at home here and find your feet in Galle and the surrounding area. Anything we can do, just ask! Do come to join us again soon and let us help you to organise some more trips and activities!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

An utterly heavenly respite from the hustle & bustle of Galle life! As soon as you step across the threshold and you are greeted with a whoop & open arms by the gorgeous hosts, Hen & Koki, you know your holiday has truly begun. Kikili House is one of its kind in Galle & it provides a service like no other. Kikili House is beautifully, & colourfully, decorated. All the rooms have comfortable double beds, mosi nets, air con & the coolest bathrooms - all ensuite. The atmosphere makes you feel like one of the family, it's warm, welcoming & your hosts are always there to advise you on the next part of your holiday. There is no other accommodation like is in Galle - it's either boutique hotel, luxury villa, backpackers or...the most gorgeous B & B I have ever stayed in! I couldn't recommend it highly enough.....worth a trip to Sri Lanka just to experience staying there!! I'll be back, that's for sure!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank aurorafield

Thank you for all your kind words, we aim to make you feel like part of the family here at Kikili and are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay so much. The house offers a unique experience, a place for you to sink into the chair or relax under the beautiful trees in the garden after escaping from the exuberant energy of Galle town. Do come again soon to join us in Kikili House!