“Still think of the food here!”

La Clochette Hotel Restaurant
Ranked #61 of 155 Restaurants in Galle
Cuisines: French, International, Cafe
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hi We opened this restaurant recently, coming form France. It is located in the Fort of Galle : 3 Parawa Street (a small road off Pedlar street, near the Remparts ; ask for the French Café as many people know. We are open from about 8:30 am till about 10:00 pm (however depending on the season and some special national days off in Srilanka). We work with local products and local young staff we progressively train : it is also our commitment to the country and we do our best with what we find in the place ; we don't pretend anything else. We serve BREAKFAST, BRUNCH, LUNCH, TEA/COFFE TIME, DINER. You will find (all home made in our bakery) : croissants, brioches, lemon and chocolate pies, fresh juices, good espresso and tea, etc..., as well as some typical French dishes as Coq au Vin, Sole fish in Riesling wine sauce.. Also some "family" food as Pasta and Pizzas. We also create new dishes from time to time. PATIO IN THE BACK SIDE, INTERNATIONAL MUSIC, FREE WIFI . Thank you :)
Reviewed May 23, 2014

My boyfriend and I were in Galle for 2/3 days in July 2013 and we visited La Clochette 3 times.
The food is amazing. You have to try the owner's chicken sandwich, never before in my life have I had such a wonderful sandwich. Honestly.
Also if you're sick of rice and curry, the hot baguettes for breakfast are just perfect.
And she makes delicious little French sweet treats. I had a delightful chocolate, banana and raspberry tart.

La Clochette remains one of my fondest memories from my time in Sri Lanka. Go there, you won't be disappointed.

Reviewed April 14, 2014

We searched a lot for La Clochette but it has shut down at the location on Parawa Street and is moving to a new street.

1  Thank Gaurav A
Reviewed April 4, 2014

If you are tired of the rice&curry, you can eat French baguette with French fries.The patio is smart, very quiet and cool.

Reviewed March 27, 2014 via mobile

We decided to try something different for a meal out and stumbled upon this place. The setting was lovely- small tables and benches in a secluded courtyard with little lights and plants. We had a burger and a dessert each which were very good.

Reviewed March 22, 2014

We stopped here for breakfast and had some really authentic brioche and jam - delicious. The coffee with was great too but I was sad they didn't have croissants the day we visited