Jetwing Lighthouse
$111
$88
HotelQuickly
1,894 results
All reviewson the rockscinnamon roomindian oceangeoffrey bawasri lankamain restaurantwaves crashingset menubuffet styleoverlooking the oceanbeautiful hotelhalf boardnew wingtuk tukdeluxe rooma la carte menurooms are large
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 15, 2014

I live in Colombo and badly needed to run away from work and the stress of urban life. Mostly wanted to spend Christmas with kids. We ended up planing a trip to south and Lighthouse been our haven for Christmas. Christmas eve dinner was a magical experience, Kids loved the Santa and for us adults too was a night to remember. I must say the standard of the dinner and service was exceptional, much higher than most Colombo Hotels. It was truly a magical experience. I recon it is the foreign management that makes the difference.

Room Tip: Try the new Restaurant Nihal's
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to fill out your comment on Tripadvisor during your resent stay at Jetwing Lighthouse.

I have always believed that it is the staff make the hotel and I am thrilled that you found your stay magical. I shall personally send my regards to Santa and I hope he will come back next Christmas.

It was a pleasure hosting you and we hope you do visit us again if your travels bring you down from Colombo to Sri Lanka’s amazing southern coast anytime in the future.

Ayubowan,

Robert Claesson
General Manger

Reviewed January 14, 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel less than a year ago and loved it. The location is perfect--right on the most beautiful ocean view. But in just a few months, it declined considerably. Cockroach in room, room service delivering sandwiches that I didn't order at 3am, cold jacuzzi in spa. I still love this hotel and I shared my concerns with the manager. I'm hopeful it will improve.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank NYWrldTrav
Reviewed January 13, 2014

We are repeat customers and were lucky enough to receive a room in the new spa wing. I was really impressed by the space and design of the room.
The cocktails in the restaurant of the spa wing were excellent, unfortunately the food was dry and cold . We complained to the chef and receive a 25% discount on the bill.
The dining room were the buffets are served is enclosed. The feeling is between a fishbowl and a cantina . It should be opened on the outside. The few tables outside are in high demand.

Room Tip: Rooms in the spa wing are new and beautiful
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 12, 2014

The only positive side of this hotel is the bedroom : spacious, comfortable, stylish, large bathroom integrated into the bedroom, superb wooden floor.
Just avoid to have it by the children swimming pool like I had :(
The rest is TERRIBLE : the restaurant is much closer to a "cantine" style, the food (buffet style) is below average, the main bar falling into disrepair, the service is miserable, we faced booking issue from day 1 (not the right booking, credit card debited before arrival even for cancellation as it was not registered into their system, at check out they charged only one credit by default,...)

Room Tip: Do not book a room around the children swimming pool
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank ericmgerard
Reviewed January 10, 2014

We stayed 2 nights at this hotel in a suite ... were recommended this hotel ... being a Geoffrey Bawa designed property. It is well designed and of course the location is super but the quality of service left a sad taste. We had a butler designated to the suite ....but I dont think he really understood what service meant besides being polite and saying yes to every thing ...maybe without actually understanding it....not his fault at all, as their did'nt seem to be any training in place for the staff.
Had poor response from reception...did mention this to the General Manager who seemed to agree when discussing the issue...not complaining! Food was OK .. a good selection on the buffet.
On the whole the place can do with a good clean up. Considering we paid $500/- per night ,you would expect the place to be clean and well maintained !!Wake up Jet Wings ....Need a better management in place.

Room Tip: We had the suite which ofcourse has excellent views ....dont know what it would be like if you have a room with no sea view !!!!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple