“What a great experience”
Review of Jetwing Lighthouse

Jetwing Lighthouse
Ranked #3 of 24 Hotels in Galle
Reviewed July 23, 2013

We have just returned from a 10 night stay at the lighthouse and had a very pleasurable experience. Very clean and tidy room which is very spacious. We had a 4th floor sea view and never tired of the amazing scenery. The food looked and tasted fantastic with generous portions and thanks to Nalin the chef for sharing some recipes. All of the staff were very attentive and the service was excellent, they could not do enough for us. The small extra touches made it a more intimate holiday. It was lovely to see Robert, the general manager with such a hands on approach which added to the hotels charm. We would recommend this hotel highly and would love to return in the future.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Ken B
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to post your comments about your stay at Jetwing Lighthouse.
As the General Manager here, it is my job to harmonize the facilities and services so that guests who patronize the Jetwing Lighthouse enjoy the best possible experience at the property. Your comments have shown me we are heading towards the right direction and I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us.

We are happy about your comments in regards to our team working here, the food, and the amazing scenery of the hotel; it is what we expect to hear from a guest who stays with us. We believe in putting the guest in front of all things and offering them the best possible in everything. With so much to see and do around Galle, the Jetwing Lighthouse is the ideal place to base yourself.
We also have a wide range of facilities available for our guests to use. The two bars, two restaurants, two swimming pools, tennis court, and the gym are all free to use to all our guests.
I hope that you can recreate the dishes that Nalin explained to you and that they will bring back memories from Sri Lanka.
We are pleased you have taken the time to write a review for our property on Trip Advisor, and I will also take this opportunity to invite you back to the Jetwing Lighthouse.

Ayubowan,

Reviewed July 20, 2013

We have recently come back from two weeks at the Jetwing Lighthouse at Galle. The hotel is very stylish, the food was extremely good and the staff could not have been more attentive.

The monsoon seemed to consist of a good shower most days which did not disrupt our holiday at all, otherwise it was sunny and a very pleasant 28deg.

We did several tours, including a trip to Yala National Park, a tea plantation and a river trip. All within travelling distance from the hotel. The Jetwing Lighthouse has a resident naturalist, Anoma, who was extremely helpful, a mine of information and very willing to arrange any trips.

The pool area is well maintained and the staff are extremely attentive, the pool umbrellas and loungers could do with updating, however. Otherwise, we spent a lot of time just enjoying swimming in one of the 2 pools, enjoying the views.

The rooms were large with very comfortable beds and stylish bathrooms. Again, a little bit of updating would be welcome. All rooms had good size balconies overlooking the sea and pools. The small problems we had with the room were dealt with quickly and efficiently.

I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel - it has the most fascinating staircase depicting the Portuguese invasion of Sri Lanka in the 1400's which is much photographed. The hotel and its imposing position on a headland 2k outside of Galle also seems to be a magnet for wedding parties!

A thoroughly memorable 2 weeks in lovely Sri Lanka with its beautiful scenery and kindly people.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank gambolds

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your detailed review on Trip Advisor. We here at Jetwing Lighthouse appreciate you taking out the time to write and post this review.

From the time you enter the hotel, walk up the magnificent staircase that leads you to the splendid views of the Indian Ocean, to the sea view rooms with privet balconies, to the two pools we have on the property you do feel that your holiday is going to be a memorable one. Most of the features of the Jetwing Lighthouse are truly unique to this property, even with the setting and ambiance; the Jetwing Lighthouse caters to enhance guest satisfaction in every aspect possible. We are truly happy you got to enjoy all these aspects of the hotel and had a wonderful holiday.

In addition to the hotel and facilities, we have the majestic Galle Fort, located a very short distance from the Jetwing Lighthouse. This gives guests the ideal escape, along with the variety of other sights around Galle to add to their holiday experience. As you mentioned Anoma will also organize excursions to keep our guests who like to explore and experience something to do on their holidays.

It was our pleasure having you with us, and we welcome you back to the Jetwing Lighthouse when your travels bring you to this part of the world.

Reviewed July 17, 2013

This is a hotel I have been to many times, naturally because it was so good. This time was different. The location is great, the architecture amazing,BUT the service was appalling. We sat by the pool bar waiting for our drinks forever. Not too complicated, we asked for cocktails that were listed on the menu. We went out to dinner and returned rather late (around midnight) and found 1 very sleepy and tired waiter who took forever to bring us our Irish coffees. The next morning we woke up at 8am and ordered café latte. It never came! So we decided to go down for breakfast and have coffee with our breakfast - revenue lost to the hotel, and we were feeling very grumpy without that wake-up cup of coffee! I think the Management needs to pull up its socks. Finally asked for a pack of sandwiches when we checked out at 12 noon, it never came. Yet, the staff were friendly, but not efficient and the view from the terrace and our rooms was amazing. The rooms are large and very comfortable. There was renovation work in progress and the dust did not help either

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for level 2, which is currently being renovated. We got rooms on the 3rd level, and w...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Rozobelle

Dear Guest,

We are extremely sorry that you feel that the service was appalling. I am very surprised about your comment as you can see on Trip Advisor and I also receive many written comments where we have been rated very highly .
Every department of the hotel understands that the customers come first and work their hardest to please and meet every little requirement that a guest may have. We believe in sufficient training and product knowledge, so we constantly try to go the extra mile to develop and train our staff at every opportunity. I therefore took the liberty to check with the waiters and on our CCTV .My findings were that when the order of mixed cocktail was served it took 13 minutes .The Irish coffee took 8 minutes from order taken to say that it took forever I feel it is not to a certain extent fair .We do not keep either cocktails or Irish coffee on standby as it would jeopardize the taste .Unfortunately I was not able to trace the person that took your Café Latte and can only apologies that it was not delivered .Regarding the 2 chicken sandwiches that was ordered it was a miscommunication as the kitchen was told to have them freshly made for deliver at 12.00.Unfortunately you checked out and left the hotel at 11.46am.I have now requested the kitchen to have preordered sandwiches ready 15 minutes before requested times.
If you would like to clarify with me if the Latte order was taken by a male or female person I would very much appreciate if you could get in touch with me (E-Mail: robert@jetwinghotels.com), so I can further look in to this matter.I am pleased to tell you also that the renovation work which created the dust is now completed.
It was our pleasure having you with us and that you enjoy the room and the views. Please do contact me personally if your travels bring you back to the Galle area so I can look after you to make your stay special.

Reviewed July 16, 2013

We were here in the month of June. Very nice hotel, clean, spacious, with a fantastic views and a great infinity pool. Would stay here again. Worth the $ you pay, and service and quality when compared to similar hotels in other countries.
Food here is extremely well made with culinary expertise. Produce and spices used are fresh. Some of the dishes such as fried rice, noodles can be easily shared family style because quantities served are very good. We had rice & curry lunches with chicken, crab, and fish here and they all were fantastic. Any Sri Lankan foodie would agree it's the authentic thing; spice blending and preparation. Kudos to the chef and awesome serving staff who tried so hard to keep the flies away from our table!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. It is your feedback that helps us improve and keep going to achieve better standards.

We are glad you enjoyed your stay at the Jetwing Lighthouse in June, and our bedrooms do offer some of the best views of the Indian Ocean, and luxury you can only experience at our property. This paired with a team of great associates who work together to make your holiday nothing short of special.I will pass on your comments to Chef as he and his team takes special care in source and find only the best and freshest products that are available in Sri Lanka.

We welcome you back to the Jetwing Lighthouse and hope to see you back soon.

Ayubowan,

Reviewed June 30, 2013

I just stayed at the Jetwing Lighthouse hotel on my way through from Yala to Colombo airport.
I arrived at lunchtime and luckily my room was available. Unfortunately the AC didn't work so I had to change rooms, but still had a very good view of the sea.
Didn't really get a chance to use any of the facilities at the hotel, but had a walk around.
The hotel has a small gym reasonably well stocked, and the swimming pools looked enticing.
The room I had was a very good size, with a nice bathroom with separate shower and toilet.
I decided to eat in the Cinnamon Room al la carte restaurant. The two waiters although very new in the restaurant were very attentive, as I was their only customer.
I decided on the lobster thermidor, which was OK. Not the best I had had in Sri Lanka. That is reserved for a small cafe in Negombo called Tastee's. You should try the lobster there. Amazing.
I had the chocolate dessert with cinnamon and homemade coconut ice-cream which was delicious.
The weather while I was there, for just a few hours was very windy, but I think in season the hotel would be a good place to stay. Check out the staircase. Incredible.
The only problem I had was with the WiFi. I could not get a connection in the room and also had a problem in the lobby, which was fixed eventually.

The staff were all very helpful and nothing was too much triuble.
Well done

Room Tip: Try and get a room on facing the sea.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank cygnetboy69
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest,

We were very happy to read that you had a good experience during your short stay at Jetwing Lighthouse.

Thank you for sharing your experience at Jetwing Lighthouse with other travelers on Trip Advisor, and for your very kind words regarding our associates and the quality of the bedrooms.I am sorry you had bad experience with A/C and the WiFi
We too look forward to the day when you will come back for another and hopefully longer stay so we have the opportunity to look after you again .
Please feel free to contact me for any assistance your may think I could be of while booking your next stay.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Stayed over the weekend during a business event, it was a pleasant stay. Hotel was not crowded probably due to the time of the year and this added to the feeling of the hotel as a very spacious destination. Rooms were spacious, clean and didn't show much signs of a built that is older than a decade and a half. Beach is average, with few rocks around it's pretty view but not the best if you want to run around and play. Main dinner buffet was really good with a high variety of seafood items compared to breakfast and lunches. Even not being a fan of seafood I enjoyed it much. Staff was very friendly and helpful.

Room Tip: Get a room at a higher floor with a good view of pool and beach.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Kalana_Kasun

Dear Guest,

I thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jetwing Lighthouse in Galle Sri Lanka.
We were glad to know that you were pleased with the product and service and also have enjoyed our spacious rooms. I am also happy you enjoyed our seafood as our chefs take pride in cooking all dishes to perfection.
Thank you once again for the comments and we look forward to having you back with us. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Lighthouse.

General Manager.

Reviewed June 21, 2013

Made to fell very welcome on arrival and it continued that way throughout our 6 days there.
From Robert the manager through to the maintenance staff, all displayed genuine courtesy and did as much as they could to make our stay special. Hotel undergoing a refurb and an additional wing is being built, but the hotel is doing its best to minimise inconvenience. Sitting on the terrace watching the waves crash against the rocks was very relaxing as well as dramatic. Food great, prices OK but consider advertised prices do not include VAT and service charge.
Upstairs bar really beautiful but sadly under used despite happy hour. Cheap tuk tuk ride into town. Pool and beaches lovely as was spa. Watch out for monitor lizards.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Jetwing Lighthouse and for the time taken to leave your valuable feedback on Trip Advisor following your stay at with us in Galle.
We all were delighted to learn that you enjoyed your stay at Jetwing Lighthouse. Guest satisfaction is our main goal at Jetwing Hotels and it is always rewarding to learn that it has been achieved from our customer service and the product we offer.I agree with you that sitting watching the waves is very relaxing and something you never grow tired of doing.
I have shared your compliments with the entire team and they are equally happy to hear that you had an welcoming and special holiday with us.
Once again thank you for your compliments, we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back and please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Lighthouse.

Robert Claesson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Galle
Amari Galle
#6 of 24 in Galle
Niyagama House
Niyagama House
#4 of 24 in Galle

Been to Jetwing Lighthouse? Share your experiences!