1,992 results
All reviewson the rockscinnamon roomindian oceangeoffrey bawasri lankamain restaurantwaves crashingset menubuffet styleoverlooking the oceanbeautiful hotelhalf boardnew wingtuk tuka la carte menudeluxe roomrooms are large
Reviewed December 11, 2012

what we saw outside doesn't represent what we have inside ... it seems simple from outside but once you got in ... you will find the difference and its class. the stairs are remarkable ... the reception area is so spacious ... room is great,the sea view is awesome. there just 2 things are missing ... the place to put luggage and some more space for shower ... others are just great.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded February 19, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Jetwing Lighthouse. It was our pleasure having you at our property and I also want to thank you for taking the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay with us, and I do agree that the design of the hotel from the stairway to the open spaces have been done to perfection. The design of the property was done by the late Mr. Geoffrey Bawa while the sculptures on the staircase was designed by Laki Senanayake. I will also personally look in to your concerns with the lack of space in the shower and the lack of space for luggage because this is the first time I am hearing this and it has taken me by surprise, but I will defiantly be looking in to possible solutions.

We hope to see you back at Jetwing Lighthouse in the future, and we will look forward to it.

Reviewed December 10, 2012

I booked and paid a deposit for the hotel in the middle of September for my cousin's wedding in December. The morning of the day we were supposed to arrive at the hotel, i received a call asking me if i was still coming. When i said "yes" the hotel manager informs me that they would need to move to my family and me to Tamarind hill as they had overbooked. Now mind you, I had booked for my family when the hotel was wide open (as informed to me by the reservations desk at the time). I informed the hotel that i would not be moving as the reservation was made 3 months ahead and a deposit taken as soon as we booked.

Upon arrival (after a one and a half our drive down the highway) we were asked if we could move to Tamarind Hill as there were no rooms available. Mind you i had already informed them in the morning that i was not moving! We waited an hour as all the rooms were taken for the wedding. My cousin stepped in and the hotel moved two of his guests to Amangalle. We were subsequently informed that 20 guests were re-located to Amangalle (all were Foreign) and the option to move to Amangalle was given by the hotel. Now Amangalle is $500 per night plus taxes and tamarind hill (no offense to the hotel) is no where close. As the only Sri Lankan family, the hotel must have thought it suitable to move us to Tamarind Hill!!!!!!!!! And Amangalle had rooms available!

All in all, i must say that the service is poor and they don't know their right from their left. Having stayed at the other 5 star hotels, i can say that unless Jetwing Lighthouse improves drastically it will be a hotel you don't want to bother with as the service is BAD! The location is great for a wedding, but as a beach there are better just down the road and up the road. With foreign hotels sprouting along the coastline, if Jetwing do not improve it'll be a has been hotel you tell your children about.

Room Tip: The rooms at the Jetwing Lighthouse Galle are spacious and nice. The beds are quite high but quite comfortable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
6  Thank Duchess85
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Trip Advisor. Here at Jetwing Lighthouse we believe in treating every guest equally no matter where they are from or their background. It is something my team here and I take pride in.

We did face an overbooking situation, and we do apologize for that. In the case that we do face a situation of that nature we provide a guest with options as best we can, but we always put the guest first and we do listen to their needs and wants in front of ours. Every guest we were thinking of transferring were given the Tamarind Hill option, only because we thought it was closer and logistics would be easier for everyone. The 3 rooms at Amangalle were only given to guests who requested for the rooms, and they weren’t given as an initial option for the guests who stayed there. I am extremely sorry that you felt like you were treated differently, but let me assure you that it was not our intention at all. We only wanted all our guests to be satisfied and enjoy the wedding and the celebrations that followed. I am surprised by your comments on the service though as most of the feedback we got from guests at the wedding were very positive, and I can assure you that the entire team worked extremely hard to make this function as successful as it ended up being.

Please do accept our apologies once again because our intentions were only to see you leave happy and to meet all your expectations during your stay with us. Please do drop by if you are in this part of Sri Lanka and I assure you that the team here will work even harder to make it up to you.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

This small hotel (member of small LHW) is a jewel.... very nice views from the reception, very nice decorated rooms. Really nice, but when we where there (nov 2010) is was rainig soo much... sky was grey all the time, floors were sooo wet... happily the room was so elegant at such times but still..one can not enjoy the beauty of the hotel.
As we travel with a wheelchair and this hotel is mentioned as wheelchair accessble...this is not really the case... not specially adapted (bath)rooms, the swimmingpool and lovely garden is almost not accessible and you need a strong helper! What a pity... But: when we were complaining for the bed (which is too high and impossible to go in your own...) the techincal people did great efforts and converted the bed to an accessible height. So, thanks for this great service (not an easy job, but they did it with a smile) but it would be better if they can have an adapted room ! Specially if yoiu claim to be wheelchair accessible....
Thre food was really delicious....because of the rain and wind we could not sit many times on the terrace... the fis resataurant (upstairs) was soo good! Also good value for money...but most of the times we were alone...strange... bur if we go back to Sri Lanka we probabely stay there again (if sun is shining...)

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Ily-wheelie

Dear Guest,

Thank you for rating us highly on Trip Advisor. It was our pleasure having you with us at Jetwing Lighthouse. I also want to thank you for your comments about the property, the team and the facilities we have available to our guests.

I do however like to apologize to you for the reduced accessibility you had to some of the places you would have liked to have seen. Even though our restaurants, the bar and some of the rooms are considered wheelchair accessible, I do agree with you that some improvements need to be made. I can assure you that we are looking at making our property more accessible by wheelchair or for guests who need assistance of any kind. We want to cater to all types of guests, and we have to start looking at making the property differently-abled friendly as much as we can.

Thank you for choosing Jetwing Lighthouse when you were in Galle, Sri Lanka. I do hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

This is a top class hotel, it looks a little odd from the front but what matters is inside. The rooms are world class - comfortable, well designed, great bathroom and spotless. The pool area is situated next to the ocean beach making it an ideal spot to read a book while listening to the waves crashing. The food and service is also great. It's located about 10 minutes by tuk tuk from the fort area, so it's an easy commute to a facinating part of Sri Lankan history.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mindai

Dear Guest,

At Jetwing Lighthouse we appreciate all the feedback we receive and we believe that it is an important way to grow as a property and develop our team. I am happy your feedback was positive and it shows us that we are heading in the right decision in this constantly changing market. I am extremely pleased you were able to enjoy the property and its facilities during your stay with us.

Galle is a city with a huge history and the UNESCO World Heritage site, the Galle Fort. Jetwing Lighthouse provides the ideal base to explore the Galle Fort from being a 10 minute drive or tuk tuk ride away. Our taxi stand at the front of the hotel assists in transportation back and forth, and we encourage all our guests to visit the Fort at least once during their stay with us.

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, and I hope to see you back at Jetwing Lighthouse soon.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

We stayed here for our first 4 nights in Sri Lanka and were very impressed from the start. The staff were so friendly, welcoming, helpful and genuinely warm it made you feel special and very relaxed. Every single person was really pleasant.

Our room was on the ground floor with lovely views out through the palm trees to the crashing Indian Ocean waves. The room was extremely spacious and well appointed too. The bed was huge and really comfortable and the room was quiet too. The architecture was beautiful and very stylish. We particularly enjoyed the furthest pool by the sea and the loungers by the beach, stunning! Very relaxing with wonderful views. We had the most amazing aromatherapy massages in the tranquil spa listening to the waves and with a warm breeze and calm music. The best ever!

The breakfast choice was amazing with lots of healthy and yummy food from fresh homemade yogurts, fresh fruit, cereals, cooked English breakfasts and Sri Lankan curries. In the evening you could eat in the restaurant or outside on the upper terrace with oil lamps positioned along the wall and out on the rocks with the waves crashing around them. Very atmospheric! Again the food was delicious and service exemplary. The staff made you feel important and were very accommodating. Manoj Silva, the Assistant Front Office Manager was very helpful and ensured we had a very pleasant stay.

It was easy to arrange a tuktuk or car to take you the short distance into Galle or further afield but it was hard to leave the hotel as it offered so much! Highly recommend anyone spending time here.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Penny D

Dear Guest,

I am extremely pleased that the Jetwing Lighthouse experience was all what you expected and that you were able to enjoy your holiday with us. It is with a smile on my face that I read your comments as you seem to have enjoyed our property, the service and the facilities very much. The entire team here takes pride in providing the best we can to every one of our guest, and the associates work extremely hard to maintain very high service standards.

Jetwing Lighthouse has been blessed with a great design, thanks to the late Mr. Geoffery Bawa, who also used the environment by designing around the natural environment. The spectacular views surrounding Jetwing Lighthouse is another unique quality about the property. Our chefs put in a lot of effort to cater to each guest in every way possible as we know the importance in good food, and we understand that everyone’s palate is different. It is by taking all these factors in to consideration that we prepare our menus each day.

I am delighted you took the time to write us a review on Trip Advisor. I will pass your compliments on to the relevant managers. We hope to have you back at Jetwing Lighthouse when your travels bring you to this part of the world again.