2,037 results
All reviews on the rocks cinnamon room indian ocean geoffrey bawa sri lanka waves crashing main restaurant set menu spiral staircase buffet style overlooking the ocean half board new wing beautiful hotel tuk tuk deluxe room a la carte menu
Reviewed November 12, 2012

The most breathtakingly beautiful hotel I've ever had the pleasure to stay at. The rooms were gorgeous with stunning views out over the Indian Ocean. The infinity style pool and grass sunbaking area were gorgeous. The breakfast was vast and varied. And treating myself to a spa treatment was the icing on the cake. You simply must stay here!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
5  Thank Kate14478
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2012

Dear Guest,

I would like to thank you for your very positive review on Trip Advisor. I am glad to see that you had enjoyed Jetwing Lighthouse to the maximum and that makes me happy. It is with great care that the entire team here look after our guests, and I am glad to see that you enjoyed the experience. We encourage all our guests to enjoy all our facilities, including the two swimming pools and spa, and we do get large amount of compliments of both these facilities.

We all look forward to having you back at Jetwing Lighthouse when your travels bring you to the South of Sri Lanka.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

Wow, this property is amazing!
Rooms right on the sea, sit on the balcony and see the waves crashing below, beautiful.

Huge rooms & bathrooms, beds comfortable, great food, friendly staff and what a location!
A couple of the rooms were a bit musty on check in but they were Ok after a few hours. To be expected right on the sea like this.

Two beautiful swimming pools, good areas to relax and have a drink. Really nice place to have a vacation for a few days at least. Long stretch of beaches to explore, not swimmable as it is pretty rough.

A few things to do here visit the old fort, many shops, lovely view of the Galle cricket ground.
Certainly I would go back as it was a really relaxing enjoyable stay.

Room tip: Can either overlook the pool or the sea, the sea may be noisy for some but is a fantastic view.
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Gunda_10

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Jetwing Lighthouse. At Jetwing Lighthouse we believe in leaving a guest with lasting impressions and exceeding each and everyone’s expectations.

Apart from all the in-house facilities that guests can use, Galle and the surrounding areas leave a guest with many options to go out and explore. Galle is rich in culture and history and offers many different options to a guest who likes to venture out. Visits to the Galle Fort, treks at the rain forests, and whale watching are some of the activities that a guest can enjoy during their stay at Jetwing Lighthouse.

The entire team here thank you for your visit and hope to see more of your in the future. I also would like to thank you for the review on Trip Advisor, as it is always pleasing to hear back from guests about their experiences.

Reviewed November 9, 2012

returned to hotel 12 months after 1st visit,when we usually abide by the "dont go back rule,"but i have to say the lighthouse prooved this wrong,the manager and staff were absolutely superb,from start to finish,the food had improoved from a high standard last time,and work is being done to the restaurant to make the exprience even better,but this work was of no inpact on us at all.The upgrade to a suite was brilliant,with the help of the fantastic Chamilla (butler) i am quite fussy normally but the relaxing nature of this hotel gave me no reason to find fault with anything even if i could, many thanks to all the staff involved in our stay

Room tip: ask for a suite if possible other wise rooms 200 block have stunning views of the waves crashing on the rocks
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
3  Thank whitehousem1

Dear Guest,

I am glad that you chose to re visit Jetwing Lighthouse and I appreciate the feedback very much. I am overjoyed to hear that we have improve in more than one area and I will be passing this information on to all the associates as I believe this is what we thrive on achieving. We want all our guests to leave only wanting to come back and when they do come back to enjoy it as much as, or even more than the first visit. The Jetwing Lighthouse experience is by no means simple, the perfect blend of services and facilities is what I want the team to achieve.

The renovation work that is going on at the moment is comprehensive and we hope it will improve a guest’s experience at our property and we hope to have it completed very soon.

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jetwing Lighthouse.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

Awesome hotel. Swimming pool, Beach area was good. Best hotel for honeymooners and for family also. Food was good. Lot of varity in food. Sea facing room having direct view. Hotel staff is also friendly. Hotel is arraning candle light dinner on beach.

Hotel having three swimming pool.
Spa facility. Most of the europien crowed staying in this hotel. Cost wise eexpensive. Worth to stay.

Momoriable experience we had in this hotel.

Room tip: Galle is 5hrs from Colombo. But it is not crowded.
Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

We are glad you chose the Jetwing Lighthouse for your honeymoon and that you were able to enjoy our property. The stunning views, the crystal clear pools, and the spa, all add to an amazing honeymoon at Jetwing Lighthouse.

We also have an array of romantic dining experiences that a guest can choose from to add to the facilities at the hotel. The entire team here caters to a lot of honeymooners who come to Galle all year around, and I assure you that they go that extra mile to make everything extra special.

I also want to thank you for your review on Trip Advisor, and I am glad we have another extremely satisfied guest. I also want to take this chance to invite you back to Jetwing Lighthouse in the future as we would love to have you back.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

After many years traveling & 48 countries I found the perfect Caramel Pudding. No easy task!
The caramel stuck to the top, the pudding remained erect and the inside remained
creamy white. The size was right for good health.I broke all rules & enjoyed it (two- days- running). My congratulations to the individuals behind this. I got it right only after 6 tries
45 years ago.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your compliments that were posted on Trip Advisor. I have passed on your comments to the necessary associates. We are delighted you enjoyed our caramel pudding; it is specially made under the watchful eye of our award winning executive pastry chef.

Thank you again for your compliments and we hope to see you back at Jetwing Lighthouse soon.