“Simply delightful”
Review of Jetwing Lighthouse

Jetwing Lighthouse
Ranked #3 of 26 Hotels in Galle
Reviewed June 21, 2012

My partner and I booked to stay at the Jetwing Lighthouse Galle hotel for 2 nights and we must say that our entire stay was absolutely amazing. The hospitality and service extended by the GM & staff was above and beyond our expectations. The food was top quality, the rooms were clean and inviting and it was the perfect setting to the start of our holiday in Sri Lanka. We met the GM (Robert) of the hotel and also the public relations manager (Ananda) and they both ensured that we were well looked after. Also, our one night stay @ Jetwing Kurulabedda was the icing on the cake. A romantic place reserved for honeymooners with it's own plunge-pool, and we were lucky and privileged to be allowed to stay there for one night.

Our sincere thanks to Robert & Team!! :))
Anushka & Milena from Reading, UK

1  Thank Anushka J
Management response:Responded June 29, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor and I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay with us. The perfect blend of quality of the facilities and services we offer is what we strive to achieve, and I am pleased to hear that your stay was exactly that perfection we look for. Thank you for your compliments on the food and your room, I am glad it was satisfying.

I will pass on your kind words of encouragement to my entire team, and also at our sister property Jetwing Kurulubedda which is no doubt an ideal place for honeymooners to experience an unforgettable time.

We wish you all the best for the future, and I hope to see you back at Jetwing Lighthouse in the future.

Robert Claesson

Write a ReviewReviews (1,850)

Reviewed June 18, 2012

Great hotel by the beach but beware of bugs bites, Although I'm not sure this happened in the hotel or outside.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Mariam F

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. We are absolutely pleased to hear that you had a great time at the Jetwing Lighthouse.

We assure you that there have been no bug complaints recently, and I can only presume that this incident took place outside the property, but we will run a enquiry in to this matter.

Thank you for staying at the Jetwing Lighthouse, and we hope to see you back in the future.

Reviewed June 16, 2012

I had heard so much about The Lighthouse from friends and family and it lived up to the expectation and experience! My fiance and I visited The Lighthouse after staying at a couple of the five-star hotels in Colombo during our wedding preparation... this was finally the relaxing experience that we were looking for. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, with beautifully large balconies to enjoy and evening drink and watch the sunset. Although the hotel is quite large, it is spread over generous grounds and affords guests an intimate experience, without the feeling of too many people (which is how we felt at the city hotels). The food is fantastic and the service is excellent. The spa experience was divine... we enjoyed the hotel so much, that we visited again for our honeymoon!

Room Tip: If you can get a room on a higher level, closer to the restaurant, looking out to the sea is great...
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NiroshaM

Dear Guest,

It is our pleasure to have satisfied you and lived up to the expectations you had of the Jetwing Lighthouse on your arrival at the property. I am very pleased to hear that we were able to satisfy a guest, and I will pass on the compliments to the team.

We like to give our guests the space they require to relax and unwind, and that is the thinking behind the set up of the property. It is spread across a vast area and does not make a guest feel cramped for space. The rooms are spacious and able to cater to guests with a wide range of needs and wants. It is also blended in to the surroundings brilliantly to giving the guest the ideal escape that they are looking for.

We are pleased you chose the Jetwing Lighthouse to return to on your honeymoon and also take this opportunity to invite you back to Jetwing Lighthouse in the future. I also thank you on behalf of the team for taking the time to place a comment on your experience on Trip Advisor. We hope to see you back soon.

Reviewed June 15, 2012

This historic hotel was simply fantastic! The location along the shoreline, the magnificent view from the rooms, the service and the food all combined to make this a truly memorable experience! My only regret is that I was on a business trip without my wife and would have preferred to have been able to share the experience of staying there with her. Although the rooms appear to be quite basic on arrival, once familiar with the hotel one realises that the decor fits the 'Lighthouse' theme. They're equiped with all of the necessary modcons one would need to be very comfortable and to enjoy one's stay.

Room Tip: Get a room on the upper floors (3 floor hotel) away from the main lobby for the best views
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that we were able to live up to your expectations.

Your compliments on the room and the décor have been well received by our team here at the Jetwing Lighthouse.

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment on Trip Advisor, and I look forward to having you back with your wife for a longer stay the next time you visit this part of the world. Thank you once again for choosing Jetwing Lighthouse.

Reviewed June 11, 2012

Jetwing Lighthouse is one of the nicest hotels in Galle. Offering a 180 degrees view of the Indian Ocean, all rooms have a smashing set up.

We came here after a terrible experience at the Jetwing Kurulubedda (see seperate review).

The general manager was extremely understanding and offered the honeymoon suite for our 1 night stay. With 3 private balconys overlooking the sea and the pools, this was the perfect solution.

Staff at the Lighthouse are extremely helpful, well mannered and always wearing a smile.

Breakfast and dinner was a lovely experience, with tables set up right at the edge of the rocks, beneath the big waves.

One particular detail which we liked at this hotel is the true love and respect towards the environment. There is an extensive Green Directory in each room featuring the hotel's mission. The company has an environmental purchasing policy from suppliers...it opts for a bottle free policy when it comes to conditioners, shower gels etc.

In the bathroom, we had a lovely tree twig in a silver vase. A recyled paper featured a note stating that in en enduring effort to be environmentally responsible Jetwing Lighthouse has incorporated the beauty of dried brances found in the premises, thus saving thousands of fresh flowers to decorate rooms and public areas.

A sincere well done and thank you.

2  Thank JuliaFarrugia

Dear Guest,

It was my pleasure in meeting you personally before your departure from Jetwing Lighthouse. It is always a pleasure to meet guests and hear first hand what they were able to experience at the property. I am glad Jetwing Lighthouse left you with great memories and I hope you decide to come back in the future.

I am especially happy that you were able to enjoy the service levels and facilities of the property, as we take great pride in servicing our guests. All our facilities spread out over this well laid out property are all to enhance guest satisfaction and experience. These facilities paired with the best service we can provide a guest with is what the management team here expects.

The problems you faced at our sister property were very disappointing to hear but I have addressed that in the reply to the comment you posted and I am looking forward to getting in touch with you to acquire further information on your stay. I assure you that problems will be looked in to and solutions implemented as soon as possible.

We also take great pride in the work we do for the environment and the sustenance of it. We believe that it is vital that we do our part in conserving and minimizing the effect we have on the environment. Jetwing run conservation and sustainability programs through the group at all of the properties, and have been rewarded by great recognition for the practices in place.

I would like to thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, and I also invite you back to the Jetwing Lighthouse again.

Reviewed June 7, 2012

My wife and I were privileged to stay at the Jetwing Lighthouse Galle hotel and the hospitality and service extended by the GM & staff was A++. The food, rooms and ambience was excellent and the perfect setting for our honeymoon. Also, our one night stay @ Jetwing Kurulabedda was the icing on the cake.

Thank You Robert & Team!! :))

-- Rajeev & Suanthri Jayawardena

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2012

Dear Rajeev and Suanthri,

Thank you for selecting Jetwing Lighthouse to spend a few days as a part of your honeymoon. It was our pleasure having you here and making your honeymoon one to remember.

I am glad you were able to enjoy your stay at our property and everything was up to expectation. Someone on their honeymoon is something very special to my whole team as we understand what a special time of your lives it is.

I thank you for your review on Trip Advisor too, and I also would like to inform you that your appreciation will be passed on to the team here at Jetwing Lighthouse. You are always welcome back to Jetwing Lighthouse, and I defiantly do hope to see you back in the near future.

Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife and I booked this holiday 4 months ago. With less than 10 days to go till we fly this so called hotel of excellence contacted Thomas Cook to inform us we could not stay here due to the fact the international Pakistan cricket team had booked all the rooms. This totally ruined our anniversary in my view despite being given another jetwing accommodation. They insist it is the equivalent of the Light house but having seen pictures of Erabeach in Talpe, and the reviews, it is by no means even close to the services on offer at the lighthouse. It is also over nine miles from the resort we wanted to be in. They have offered a room upgrade at Erabeach and one evening meal but to be quite honest I actually feel like cancelling my vacation. If it was just me I would, but I have my partner to consider. I will take this further with ABTA to make a formal complaint and seek better compensation - but just to let others know - your only important to them till someone famous turns up. THANKS lighthouse for ruining my holiday but I may visit the manager responsible whilst I'm over and express my anger personally. They must have know along time ago about the cricket team booking but to give us less than 10 days notice is poor.

5  Thank mutley0066
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Lighthouse, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post a response on Trip Advisor with respect to your recent reservation.

We profusely apologize for the inconvenience and disappointment caused prior to your travel. We completely understand that you made the booking 4 months in advance however it must be stated that having looked into your particular situation, the hotel informed Thomas Cook UK of the change as soon as we received the Sri Lanka Cricket Board booking request, which was 3 weeks prior to the date of arrival. Thomas Cook UK fully appreciates the fact that when a property is overbooked, though not ideal, transfers have to be made. This is unfortunately the modus operandi of the industry. We understand that this is a very special anniversary for you and empathize with your situation. Therefore we have offered you Jetwing Era Beach which is one of the leading luxury boutique hotels in the area.

Having said that, Jetwing Era Beach is a spectacular property and unfortunately has not been portrayed effectively in the search made. It may not have the same amenities as Jetwing Lighthouse but is a private, intimate, romantic, boutique hotel, right on the beach that guests rave about. It is situated only 15 minutes away from Jetwing Lighthouse and in a thoroughly trendy tourist area. It is a property that is popular among the anniversary and honeymoon travelers and therefore we feel is perfectly suited to your needs. In addition to the private dinner by the beach and bottle of wine, we are also offering you your very own personal butler from Jetwing Lighthouse. We do hope that you give Jetwing Era Beach a fair opportunity to prove itself.

We hope to see you soon.

Robert Claesson

Also consider these accommodations in or near Galle
Amari Galle
#4 of 34 in Unawatuna
Era Beach by Jetwing
Era Beach by Jetwing
#12 of 26 in Galle

Been to Jetwing Lighthouse? Share your experiences!