“Just a restaurant”

Seagreen Restaurant
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 30, 2012

We ordered a fried noodles and a rice and both were average. Certainly not bad and quite filling, but didn't have a lot of flavour to them in any way. OK for a feed but I think you could probably find better places in the Fort. No one else eating there when we were there so no real atmosphere.

Reviewed December 28, 2011

I had breakfast to dinner while our 02 days in Galle. This fantastic food which I will never forget. This restaurant next door to Seagreen guesthouse is run by Mr. Channa and his wife the great chef, Mr. Channa is the brother of guesthouse owner who is a very helpful and a very friendly person, the best food in Galle at a reasonable price. Don't miss this place when you visit the Galle fort. I will definitely come back. Excellent n SUPERB.

Hussain (from Maldives)

1  Thank Hussain_Buddy
Reviewed December 11, 2011

On reflection, the dinner and breakfast we ate at Seagreen were the two best meals of our entire stay. Both were truly delicious and gave a real sense of what real homecooked Sri Lankan food must be like. The service was great too: friendly and welcoming. Channa spoke excellent English and was happy to answer all our questions and his evident pride in his restaurant and his city was infectious!

1  Thank Catherine202
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Next door of Seagreen guesthouse, there is this tiny, cosy and special restaurant. The owner Mr. Channa is very friendly person as all his staff. Here you can sample very good western and eastern breakfast (500 Rp) and delicious dinner (from 400Rp) at a very good quality and competitive price.
You must taste the delicious mango juice, that is real mango pulp! Amazing! Like the lassy drink.
The food is fresh, bought daily. I ate over there for a few days, from breakfast to dinner and personally I can said that this his my favourite restaurant in Galle.

3  Thank claudia t
Reviewed September 6, 2011

In this restaurant you can enjoy excellent and abundant intercontinental breakfast accompanied by a delicious juices of mango pulp, papaya or mixed fruit (550 Rs - toast, jam, omelets or scrambled eggs with ham or bacon, coffee or tea, juice). Or you can experience the thrill of a typical Sri Lankan breakfast, hoppers, egg, sambal, dhal curry. For lunch the restaurant offers good sandwiches (up from Rs 290). For dinner I recommend the excellent food Sri Lankan food, spicy or not (on request); best dishes of grilled fish and maybe you can indulge your taste with pineapple fried with trickle. (Grilled chicken with fries and salad Rs 600)
The beer must be ordered in advance.
The prices are very cheap, I mention only a few because I do not find all the receipts.
Sometimes, like in Sri Lanka, food preparation can take some time ... be patient and enjoy a great Lassy.

3  Thank claudia t