“Beautiful gems, great value”
Review of Lihiniya Gems

Lihiniya Gems
Ranked #1 of 44 Shopping in Galle
More attraction details
Owner description: Established in 1983 as one of the very few Jewellers at that time inside the "Fort" of Galle city, Southern Sri Lanka, Dealers in all kinds of Precious & Semi- Precious Gemstones. We have a large collection to choose from. Makers of fine hand crafted Silver and Gold Jewellery for more than 3 decades. Visit us for a quote or write to us we deliver to anywhere in the world.
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We were lucky to find Lihiniya on tripadvisor. We spent a decent amount of time in the store with Lahir and Mahrooza looking at their beautiful sapphires before making a decision; they were both lovely from the moment we arrived, and we never at any point felt pressured into making a purchase. I left with a stunning gem, which now sits as the centrepiece of my engagement ring. Thank you both for such a lovely experience, and for my beautiful sapphire which constantly attracts comments/compliments!

8  Thank Geri M
Lihiniya, Owner at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Thank you very much for your kind words, you are always welcome to visit us again. best regards from everyone at Lihiniya Gems :D)

There are newer reviews for Lihiniya Gems

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I visited the jewellery shop along with family and friends. What a pleasant experience it was. The owners were most helpful and friendly, nothing was too much trouble, which seems to be trait of all the SriLankan people I met. They have a vast selection of gems and styles to suit everyone.

I came away with something for myself and a present for my daughterinlaw.

Would recommend anyone visiting Galle to make a visit to this lovely shop.

11  Thank MARGARET K

Reviewed December 23, 2012

Before leaving from India I had done some research and just happened to stumble upon the name of Lihiniya Gems on tripadvisor (and I am so glad I did). I had called the husband-wife couple of Lahir and Mahrooza on their cell phone from India but since the line was not clear they asked me to post my queries on e-mail. However, I did not receive any response from them for four days, prompting me to call them again. They apologised for the delay which was due to a very hectic schedule. However, they answered all important queries over the phone and also invited me over for lunch since I was arriving at Galle in the afternoon!!!!!! This was totally unexpected, though. I was to take the whale watching tour from Mirissa and reach Galle in the afternoon but we reached Lihiniya a bit late (around 3.00 in the afternoon). Mahrooza had prepared wonderful lunch for us and after having that we got straight down to business!!! After seeing a lot of gem-stones we finally bought a garnet pendant, two rings (peridot and one other stone type) and two ear-rings of coral. Lahir agreed to deliver these to us in Colombo at our hotel. We were so happy with our purchase that we returned to Lihiniya the next day and bought a pendant, ear-rings and a ring for out mom. For all of this I think we spent about USD700-odd or less. Lahir delivered these to us after making the pendants, rings and ear-rings from the stones we had selected and that too, well within time. I must say that if anyone wants to buy cheap gems, Lihiniya is the place to be!!! Also, the husband-wife couple epitomise Sri Lankan hospitality!!! Really enjoyed our purchases and Lihiniya and its location inside the iconic Dutch fort lends a beautiful backdrop!!! One thing however is that I felt the finishing and cut of the one peridot ring which we bought at Hemchandra's was slightly better than the ones at Lihiniya but for that I am not willing to pay such a huge difference!!!! :-) Thanks Lahir and Mahrooza for a wonderful sets of gemstones!!!

8  Thank Bambaiyya
Lihiniya, Owner at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Thank you and it is so kind of you to give us your valuable feedback. It was nice to see you as well, We hope to welcoming you once again. enjoy your travels and best wishes from everyone at Lihiniya Gems.

Reviewed November 8, 2012

This was a great shopping experience. I went in looking for one gift for my sister in law and came out with 4 beautiful pieces as gifts and a
Title something or me. They have a great selection of styles, gems, items in many different price ranges and some really beautiful pieces.
You never feel pressured here, you are welcome to window show and try on things , not at all hassled feeling like in many of the shops in the area.
The owners are a couple that have been in the gem and jewelry business for over 30 years and are a delight to chat with and will probably offer you a cup of tea. Very knowledgable, happy to talk with you about different aspects of the settings and gems, or really any topic of pleasant conversation. Very much enjoyed my time at this shop.

Wonderful jewelry shopping experience!
Highly recommend this place.

8  Thank Teresa S

Reviewed October 21, 2012

We visited in Oct 2012 and were really happy to find a gem / jewellery store where the owner was not pushy or constantly following us around. The couple who own this store are really friendly and welcoming, and we ended up having some earrings and a necklace made, which only took 24 hours. The result was beautiful- and a very memorable experience.

10  Thank Alex K
Lihiniya, Owner at Lihiniya Gems, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for the helpful review and you are most welcome once again when you visit Galle Fort. Good luck with your travels.