“Very nice inside Galle fort”

Seagreen Guesthouse
Ranked #2 of 128 Galle B&B and Inns
Oslo, Norway
“Very nice inside Galle fort”
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Very friendly people, big room and very good breakfast at the restaurant next doors (Seagreen Restaurant). Very nice shared open spaces with perfect view where you can enjoy a cup of tea. Very good location inside the fort, where you can easily walk to everything.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Hebrew first
Munich, Germany
Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here with our two kids for one night and found it was the perfect choice for us. The owner is lovely and speaks fluent German, the staff is really friendly and attentive. The rooms are very clean and spacious. We had a room with aircon but didnt need it much due to the big ceiling fan. Free Wifi and the good small restaurant next door belongs to the owners brother and is also recommendable. We would stay here again any time.

Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Edmonton
Reviewed November 25, 2013

With this review, I am not going to repeat the various things already said about the quality and value of the Sea Green Guest House, but share with you an experience I had while I was there. It will give you a true sense of the Naman's hospitality and sincerity.

I had taken ill in Colombo and my condition was not getting any better, so I thought I would take the opportunity, while in Galle, to see a doctor. I thought I would just ask Naman to recommended doctor and an address and I would take it from there. Naman would have none of that. He told me he would take me to the doctor within the hour wait there for me before returning me back to his guest house. I insisted that was not necessary and I was just grateful to get access to a good doctor in town. I wasn't going to win this battle, so I let Naman take me there. Within 45 minutes, we were back and what I thought was probably going to taking up my evening up ended leaving me time still for dinner. This is just another great example of the sincere hospitality that I continue to see during my visit to Sri Lanka.

We had breakfast over at the Sea Green Restaurant and found Channa, Naman's brother, just as sincere and hospitable as Naman. We really enjoyed the hoppers with dahl and Sri Lankan salsa for breakfast. Very fresh.

The Fort area of Galle is a beautiful and relaxing place to spend a few days. The number of tourists when we were there was limited.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Panchoy
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed November 9, 2013

5 reasons why you should stay at this exotic affordable gateway:

1 - Location - Ever woke up to see the magnificent fort overlooking the sea? If not, this is the place to be.

2 - Food - Breakfast!!! Where should I start. The owner's brother and wife are incharge of their gastronomical delights

3 - Room - the place is nicely done, it didn't have a big window coz its re-done from an old fort, but we did have access to a huge terrace, hence totally worth it. The hot nice shower was cherry on top.

4 - X factors - Room boys to take care of your every needs, every room designed uniquely, common verandas opening towards the sea, all important places within walk able distance.

5 - The owner Mr. Naman - An excellent example of gracious hospitality. From friendly replies to the mails while reserving to showing us the town from his car (being an architect I wanted to see Bawa's hotels, and he himself volunteered to show us around). He gave me some excellent tips while trotting around the city.

I would definitely recommend everyone to stay in this paradise! Thank you so much Mr. Naman.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Neha M
Chichester, UK
Reviewed November 7, 2013

Naman owns and runs the Seagreen Guesthouse. We stayed for two weeks in Oct/Nov 2013. It is wonderfully located at the edge of the green opposite the Aeolus Bastion inside Fort Galle. You will receive a warm welcome and the room boys will provide you with every help to make your stay comfortable. There's a good information pack in each room and Naman can provide you with all the information that you need for a good stay.

There are five large rooms with huge comfortable beds and large en-suite bathrooms with walk-in rainfall showers. There's also plenty of hot water on tap! There's a large roof terrace where you can sit out with views over the ramparts to the sea. On the green between friendly games of cricket are played almost daily and there is an abundance of bird life.

There a large balcony on the first floor with comfortable seating that shares the same great view of the green and ramparts, an excellent place to drink a fine pot of tea brought to you by the room boys on request. WiFi in all the rooms is free.

Naman's brother Channa runs the adjacent restaurant where they serve truly excellent breakfasts, lunch and dinner (see my separate review of the Seagreen restaurant).

The friendly atmosphere and tremendous value make the a very popular destination. If you want a quiet stay in the wonderful setting of Fort Galle (a World Heritage Site), then the Seagreen Guesthouse is highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Lahntal, Germany
Reviewed November 3, 2013

We stayed at Seagreen Guesthouse again in October 2013.
Some modernisations have been done during the last year. Rooms are in a perfect condition and clean, food next door was lovely and the owner (Naman) was as friendly and helpful as always.
Wonderful location - probably the best in Galle Fort!!!
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Margaret River
Reviewed October 29, 2013 via mobile

Sea green guesthouse was recommended by friends. It was in a great location on the west side...so great sunsets from the balcony. Namans brothers restaurant next door was excellent. Great breakfasts and dinner was perfect. Staff were very attentive and helpful. It was a great decision to stay in the Galle Fort. It was so quiet and very little traffic. Great walking the streets looking at the wonderful architecture and little cobbled streets.

• Stayed October 2013