Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing
Deco On 44(Galle)
Fortaleza(Galle)
Amangalla(Galle)
View Hotel
All reviewslighthouse hoteltwo sinksroom was largeguest roomsquiet streetcolonial buildingfish currywalk in showerstring hoppersbreakfast is servedhigh ceilingsbeautiful houseeasy accessstayed here for two nightsperfect staysri lankan breakfastfour poster bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 4, 2012

I arrived at the Galle Heritage Villa on Oct 19th from Colombo. I was ushered in and and given mango juice - just a divine start to an excellent stay. I was assigned to one of the ground floor rooms right next to the front door. The only thing that made me nervous about the room was the fact that it had two additional doors into the room - those lead out to the front porch. But the manager gave me the keys to those doors without hesitation, so hurray to that. The room was large, comfortable, and cool with a fan, a digital air conditioner, and a large flat screen TV. It had two king size 4 poster beds with mosquito nets and an attached bathroom. The location was amazing being only a few steps to the fort wall and the breathtaking Indian Ocean. There is a Batista down the path and plenty of eatery options for lunch and dinner. And the hotel severs an adequate breakfast when you want it. I also appreciated the manager very much when I waited too late to venture out for dinner one night and he escorted me up the path to a near by restaurant so I could order to go; that was just awesome. I highly recommend this villa; the service is topnotch with the staff going out of their way to make you feel at home and safe during your visit to Galle.

Room Tip: If you are a solo female traveler especially, you may want to avoid the first room on the ground floor with the 3 doors that open into the room. But if not, the manager will give you all the keys so you can have control on when/if they get opened/locked.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing, responded to this reviewResponded December 23, 2012

Dear Guest,

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing. We are committed to providing all our guests the best of service and because of the size of the property the team there are trained in providing service that is more personal, and it is great to hear that this delighted you. I will pass on the compliments to the team at the property.

The rooms are fitted with all the modern fittings and up to date amenities are provided in all rooms. The location of this property makes it ideal for anyone looking to explore the Galle Fort or just to take in the unique blend of cultures that make this World Heritage site one of the most unique.

Thank you for choosing to write a review on Trip Advisor, your comments are much appreciated. Hope to see you again in the near future.

Reviewed October 30, 2012

We were initially staying in Kulurubeda villa however the terrace's barrier was so low that we were constantly running after our two year old daughter. After first night we decided to contact jetwing hotel in Galle and look for another option. The manager was very helpful and offered us a room in Heritage Villa. Although these two options differ in standard we were very happy with our choice. First of all the staff was very nice and helpful but at the same time they were not obtrusive at all. Also it's a great location if you like to go for short walks... Place is clean and our room and beds were big enough to accommodate 3 people. We were able to use all facilities in the Lighthouse hotel so we didn't mind that there was no swimming pool or dining provided.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing, responded to this reviewResponded December 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing is located within the historic Galle Fort and is the ideal location for guests who are looking to explore the Fort or even to enjoy a holiday that is completely different. The location of this property leaves you in the middle of a blend of different cultures all coming together within the walls of this UNESCO World Heritage site.

I will be sure to pass your compliments on to the team of associates at Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing. We understand a guest on their holiday would like the use of facilities that the villa does not have within its walls, and that is why we let any guest from Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing to use all the facilities at Jetwing Lighthouse. We have the two pools, Spa, gym, and a tennis court readily available to anyone who is staying at the villa and encourage them to come use these facilities.

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor, I am glad you enjoyed your holiday at Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing. We hope to see you back when you visit the South of Sri Lanka.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

A charming old building but located in the interior of the fort area without a view of anything but the derelict neighboring properties. Four rooms and only one person in attendance to run the property.

The nice young man who is the the jack-of-all-trades manager of the property did everything in his power to accommodate me and were it not for him, I'd probably only give it two stars. The property is owned by Jetwing, a respectable corporate resort hotel operator in Sri Lanka, but this property is an odd-ball for them and needs an owner with more TLC--especially for a B&B.

Galle is not as interesting as I had hoped. I thought by staying inside the fort there would be more to see and do, but on the whole it was disappointing. If I came back I'd look for something on the beach and just make the fort a quick day-trip (1-2 hrs).

My biggest gripe is $270 (incl tax) rate. Based on that alone, I wouldn't come back or recommend this place.

Room Tip: Only four rooms. I had an upstairs room and would recommend same.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor. Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing is a property with a very unique character and is located right in the middle of the historic Galle Fort and is managed by Jetwing.

The property has a small team that attends to guest needs directed by a property manager who may have been the only one present during your stay. He is commended for his work ethic and work rate by most of the guests who do visit Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing. I will pass on your compliments to him as well. I am disappointed to hear that you found it over priced and I will sit down with the management and discuss ways of improving this situation as that is not what I want guests to leave thinking. I will look in to it personally to find ways which we can add value to a guest’s stay at the property.

Your feedback will go a long way in improving the Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing experience and I hope to see you back with us soon.

Reviewed October 27, 2012 via mobile

The staff here were very professional, attentive & in tune with the needs of their guests. Our room was let down by a few details - minor things like lack of waste bin, couple of things broken - which at the price should not have been overlooked. We looked at probably a dozen places in Galle, 2,500-20000Rp, and this had the best overall feel. Not cheap but not Galle Fort/Amangalla levels. Loved the one big table for all the guests at breakfast :) Furniture, while new, has a charming colonial character.

• Stayed: October 2012

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review of Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing on Trip Advisor. I am glad to hear that you had a memorable stay and thank you for recommending us.

Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing has its own characteristics, which along with its location make it a very unique property. The team there has been trained to provide personalized service to all our guests and you expect that with a property of this size. We realize that you found certain things were missing or not in place and I will look in to, to correct it for future guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing in the future.

Reviewed October 7, 2012

I’ve come to expect a certain level of excellence from any Jetwing Hotel I stay at and most of the time I haven’t been disappointed , So when I selected The Heritage Villa I dint have second thought once I was aware it was run by Light House I was even more pleased .
I booked us on Bed and Breakfast Basis since I wasn't totally sure of our plans.
Travelling with 2 young kids I arrived at the Villa around 2pm with the kids famished my 2 year old especially. Lo and behold I was told that no food is made here and later I found out the sad reality which was that even the breakfast arrived colder than death all the way from the Light House Hotel.
So I had no choice but to drag my 2 young kids 2 miles or so away from the Villa for Lunch.
The Bed rooms were relatively clean but not even a bottle of water or a glass were in the rooms , the service was most of the time missing since my husband had to walk around the whole Villa several times to find some one on the staff to simply get a bottle of water.
The Villa has no parking space except at the back where to our shock we were greeted by clothes line and peoples underwear to get passed before we could enter the Villa.
Over all it was a disappointing Holiday since we had to order most of our meals from else where in the Fort or have cold food sent from the Light House.
My Tip to the management tell people you don’t serve or cook anything apart from cake (which is daily brought from the light house as well)at the Villa , The facet that you have NO PARKING NO POOL and NO IN HOUSE MENU!

Room Tip: Go for the room facing the porch on the ground floor its airy and big in contrast to the shoe box with no windows next to it which we had the sad experience of staying in.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Guest,

I would like to start off by apologizing for the problems faced during your stay at Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing. Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing is not a typical Jetwing Hotel, it is a four bed roomed villa located within the Galle Fort. We encourage our guests to come to Jetwing Lighthouse located not too far from the Fort for food and we also allow the use of other facilities at the property.

With the small team of associates at Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing sometimes service becomes an issue, but something we have seriously looked in to and look at changing over the next months. We are also looking at having an in house menu catering to all the guests who choose this unique property. I am personally looking into these issues and will strive to find solutions that can be implemented to make it a more efficient and enjoyable experience. I am surprised by the comment you made about the food being cold as that is not something I hear all the time as you can see from the Trip Advisor comments, as I expect the food being served to be fresh and at the right temperature.

I am sorry again for the issues you faced, but thank you for your review on Trip Advisor as it is one of the best ways to get feedback from any of our guests. We hope to see you back at Galle Heritage Villa by Jetwing and assure you that you will have a more enjoyable holiday.