“Spectacular Carbonara!”

Ranked #20 of 164 Restaurants in Galle
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood, Sri Lankan
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Pedlars Inn. Established in 2004 as the first coffee shop inside the UNESCO Heritage Site, Galle Fort, Southern Sri Lanka. From humble beginnings, starting with only 4 tables and one member of staff, the café has developed into a must for all visitors. It now occupies the entire ground floor of the former British post office. Maintaining original features mixed with contemporary design to deliver a comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Situated on the historic Pedlars Street at the heart of the Fort, Pedlars Inn provides the perfect respite to a busy day’s exploration of the Ramparts or indulging in the numerous shops and boutiques.
Reviewed December 25, 2013

It has now been two days since my partner and I dined at Pedlar's, and I'm still thinking about the carbonara. It was simply amazing, with a perfect ratio of cheese, cream, and egg. Rather than pancetta, they use smoked chicken, which was a lovely substitute and gave me ideas for when I go back home to make my own carbonara. My partner had the sesame chicken with rice and salad. Portions were large and prices were mid-range for what you find on the Fort. Definitely try to mocha milkshake as well. I keep trying to entice my partner to go back because I simply cannot get that carbonara out of my mind.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,167)

Reviewed December 21, 2013

This is a really nice place to hang around in side the Galle Fort. Staff was really helpful. Food is tasty and value for money. Me and my friends couldn't taste the desserts even because main meal was so filling. Anybody who go to Galle Fort, I would say definitely should try this place.

1  Thank Mohamed_Junkeer
Reviewed December 17, 2013 via mobile

We headed directly to this place with two kids (4 & 1) and ordered teas and juice. My wife had a cappuccino too. We were really happy with everything. It is clean, comfy, staff helpful too. Nice big Loo's. Everything tastefully designed and done. It was busy too with lots of kids. We were surprised too at the price. 300 for proper cappuccino, 200 for a proper chocolate brownie. We liked it so much we went back for lunch. Omelettes for kids, good sandwich for my wife, and I had spaghetti. Healthy portions, tasty grub. Will be back!

Reviewed December 16, 2013 via mobile

We went here for lunch. The staff was friendly, the food (western) not good and highly overpriced.
The location is nice tho- stop for a drink or coffee.

Overall: overrated - we would not come again for food.

Reviewed December 10, 2013

Probably the worst cappuccino we had in 10 days and the service wasn't much better. Methinks this place is living on it's name only