“best accom on my whole trip”

Shangri-Lanka Villa
Ranked #1 of 59 Bentota B&B and Inns
New Zealand
“best accom on my whole trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2009

I arrived in the evening not feeling too well & got worse during dinner (which was lovely!) Karen & Rohan looked after me, I was so glad to be somewhere friendly! I stayed there for 3 nights, it was so relaxing, especially with the pool! I think I would go back to Sri Lanka just to stay there again. Rohan's a great driver too, didn't feel scared once, not like another driver I had..... Thanks guys!

Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
shangrilanka, owner at Shangri-Lanka Villa, responded to this review, August 29, 2009
We were only too pleased to look after you.. Glad you recovered quickly and didn't have to indulge in any more bad driving! It is quite common here as you saw.. Thanks

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
cheshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2009

Booked in here for a couple of days and ended up staying for 10! This has got to be the best value fo money anywhere. I was in the top floor room with fantastic views. The accommodation is fab and the pool is great. Sometimes you can see the monkeys swinging past in the trees while you are swimming and at night you can swim under the stars.

I ate here mostly and the food was superb. Karen or rohan asked me each day what I fancied. I ate Sri Lankan curries prepared by Rohan's sister, jumbo prawns and mixed barbeque one night with some other guets.

It is very relaxed and karen and Rohan went out of theirway to help me.
I went on a 3 day tour at the end with Rohan which really I would strongly recommend to anyone. He listenedto what interested me and planned a tour for me with my imput. We could stop when I wanted and could stay as long as I wanted at the sights. I loved Kandy and the elephant orphanage would appeal to anyone.

I travel alot and will definately be returning to Shangri-Lanka villa

• Stayed June 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank kmcCheshire
Riga
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2009

I have to say that place is fantastic, we wanted a nice romantic getaway after a long winter and we got one!

It is hard to describe all the ease and peace and welcome feeling we had there, you really feel like a welcome guest in a dear friends house.

You have a absolute freedom in your choices - there is no breakfast or lunch or dinner time - you get it when you want it and where you want it - of course, give time to cook it up :-)
And the menu as well is your choice - fish and seafood is just fantastic - lobsters, prawns, crabs... and the tea... oh my! Miss your fish and chips or fried chicken - no problem!

Just to explain the attitude - one day we mentioned we prefer Australian wine and we got a choice of those same evening... or, for example, I like very hot and spicy food while my wife does not - no problem, extra spices and those lovely red chillies for me and just a pinch for a taste for my wife, or I'm really paranoid about mosquito's - was just enough to mention it and we got mosquito candles fresh and lid up every evening nevermind that there were no problems with them...

Beach is fabulous and don't be scared off because villa is not on the beach - we were taken to it on tuk-tuk each day... just a 2min ride till very nice beach restaurant with full service right on the beach - fresh juices, gin-tonics, food... Imagine dining right on the fantastic sandy beach of Indian ocean... I don't think it can get better than this! And beach is almost deserted - I mean few more couples and that's it! Amazing!
5 min walk on the beach and you're at the spa - we went there every day! And after getting all pampered and massaged someone from villa always picked us up!

So, to sum it all up - experience is way better than in any hotel because of personal attitude to your every needs and desires - if it can be done, it will be done!
Everything can be arranged - massages, fishing trips, sightseeing and so on!
Prices very fair!

Karen, Rohan, thank you very much for your hospitality! We had a truly fantastic stay!

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank A_M_Riga
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentota
Vivanta by Taj - Bentota
AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa
Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa Sri Lanka
The Surf Hotel
The Surf Hotel
#7 of 21 in Bentota
Bentota Beach by Cinnamon
Pandanus Beach Resort & Spa

Been to Shangri-Lanka Villa? Share your experiences!