“Lovely lunch”

Prem Cafe & Restaurant
Ranked #3 of 67 Restaurants in Bentota
Reviewed February 18, 2017

We went to this restaurant at lunch time as it was directly opposite our hotel. The food was very good and the owner brought us a curry made with a local fruit free of charge. This was particularly delicious and the owner seemed delighted that we liked his food. This cafe serves very nice food, but I wouldn't say it was a restaurant, it would be somewhere to go for lunch rather than dinner. But all in all very good food.

Reviewed February 15, 2017

I ordered a vegetable biriyani which tasted nothing like a biriyani, it just tasted of coconut milk! My partner ordered the deviled fish and that was quite tasty. Good prices and friendly service.

Reviewed February 14, 2017 via mobile

I was here every day for five weeks last year and i'm back this year to..Prem Café has The Best food in Bentota. It is good prices. And The family is very friendley.

Reviewed February 8, 2017 via mobile

Visited Prem Cafe based upon previous Trip Adviser reviews and I'm extremely happy we did. The Prem is a simple establishment, no bells, no whistles. The food is excellent and very tasty, we had some garlic bread, popadoms and mango chutney to start followed by two types of curry and rice to share with other a couple of drinks a piece of high came to Rs3000 including the tip. The owner/ waiter was very pleasant and the service could not be faulted. Menu is varied, seafood, curry and western dishes all at extremely fair prices. If you like good honest, authentic food please give this place a visit when in Bentota.

Reviewed February 7, 2017

The food, whatever you try, is awesome be it the deviled chicken or biryani or Srilankan Fish curry or what not. My wife and myself went there twice for dinner two days on the trot and we were certainly not disappointed. Though it is a small place, not much to talk about the ambience but u tend to ignore all this when you taste the food. It is a family run restaurant with I guess two people running the show i.e. Mr. Prem and his wife.