This was the most expensive place we stayed in Sri Lanka,and on top of that they charged for bottled water. The setting was nice -- rooms overlooked a swimming pool and beyond it the river. But the moldy odor in the room didn't make it a pleasant place to hang out. Breakfast was a random affair, with servers wandering around and never asking us what we wanted to eat, but bringing cold toast and eventually this and that. The attitude of the staff was only fair compared to every other place we stayed in Sri Lanka.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Waterside is an elegant well maintained Villa with restaurant,which is situated in a unique riverside location,and has magnificent views over the wide Bentota Ganga. Waterside is popular with guests of all nationalities.We have 6 ensuite (with bathtub and shower) A/C rooms with bar fridge,fan and satellite TV.The large open restaurant serves delicious Sri Lankan and Western dishes as well as mouth watering seafood.During your stay you can relax by our pool which is only a few steps from all the rooms, whilst enjoying the surrounding mature tropical garden and river views.We offer complimentary boat transfer to nearby beach, water sports or town.If you require Ayuvedic massage we can recommend several treatment centres.Excursions and tours to all the magnificent sites in this beautiful island can be arranged.If you wish to explore the local area we provide bicycles or we can organise local scenic tuk tuk rides . Fishing trips ,bird watching and river trips are available. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Waterside Bentota reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Waterside Bentota Hotel Bentota
- The Waterside Hotel Bentota