Aida Ayurveda & Holistic Health Resort
Saman Villas(Bentota)
$413
$370
Vivanta by Taj - Bentota(Bentota)
$116
Club Villa(Bentota)
TripAdvisor
All reviewssri lankaseafooddoctorlagoonvegetarian
Reviewed October 20, 2013

We wanted to stay here for a couple of nights as our friends were staying near by, and having found what appeared to be a great price online went there to check out the rooms before buying. The rooms looked OK for advertised price of $40, but when we came to check in they began telling us that we had to pay double the advertised price for the room. We mentioned that we could simply purchase the offer online for $40 with breakfast included, but the manager then said that he would offer us the room for $80 without breakfast. The hotel was empty and and he acted clueless. We decided, rather than book online we would move somewhere better because the customer service was so poor. At the end he did offer us a complimentary drink, walked away and never returned with the drink.

We eventually stayed across the river at Thumbelina Apartments and couldn't recommend this place enough. The rooms are decorated very modern and stylish, the bed's are huge and comfortable, you have your own fridge, kettle, toaster and great views over the lake. The staff are so friendly and helpful and the restaurant downstairs is sat on the lake, creating a great setting for dinner.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
8  Thank Greenfingers77
Reviewed August 6, 2013

That this place is finished and ready for business. I went on 19th July for two weeks stay and Ayurveda. I had been told that the bedrooms in the main building were being refurbished. I had not been told that there were no other guests, the whole of the main hotel was under major reconstruction, the noise of drills and saws was deafening and there was no pool available. I was offered another room about 10 yards from my own - I'm not sure why they thought the noise would be any different there. I stayed two days and then got out. They charged me full rate for the two days that I was there, which I thought was a cheek but i did not want to stay around to argue. The manager was not available for me to speak to as he was away for the whole day and no-one else could help, nor did he bother to phone me.
A really truly horrible way to spend the first two days of my holiday.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
6  Thank Christine D
Reviewed February 9, 2013

We stayed at Aida (our third stay) in November 2012 for our honemoon.
We love going back to Aida for the people and location most of all.
The hotel is split into two and we were near the river side. WE had am amazing view and a wonderful room. The staff are amazing - the rooms are cleaned everday by some fantastic guys who are so very sweet.
The retsaurant on site is also worth a visit - nasi goreng being a fav of ours!
I ws very lucky to have received a wonderful wedding gift from my husband from Aida gems and jewelery - the most amazing and beautifully made earrings (that match the engagement ring he bought me from there two years ago) - the attention to detail is unbelievable.
All in all an amazing place - amazing people = amazing holiday

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
9  Thank minnie_the_greek
scyohan, Manager at Aida Ayurveda & Holistic Health Resort, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

We thank you for your Lovely comment. Thank you and see you soon at AIDA

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Great place to stay and enjoy the ayurveda. Nice attentive personal. Excellent massage and doctor. Excellent food. Nice relaxing garden. Very clean. Sometimes noise from the street but not disturbing.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled solo
8  Thank Aelita_9
Reviewed January 21, 2013

The staff are lovely and attentive, and the grounds are wonderful. We stayed only a few days, so I was not able to do the full ayurvedic treatment I would have liked. We did have some healthy meals and massages. (Ladies, be careful of agreeing to massages by male therapists - you might be sending the wrong message and receive attempts to, ahem, give more than you ask for - that's Sri Lanka in general. A simple "no, thank you" suffices). I liked the room, which has a bit of a colonial feel to it. Turn down service is nice. They have internet available if you ask (in a little out-of-the-way room), otherwise the lobby has wifi. The food is healthy and clean. If you want more hardy cuisine, head across the path to the nearby restaurant for seafood, alcohol, and the ability to smoke, if those interest you. The one drawback that keeps me from giving a full 5 stars and which is out of control of the hotel is a local bar that plays loud music into the wee hours, preventing restful sleep.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends