“Perfect”

Ranked #6 of 21 Hotels in Bentota
london
“Perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2011

We enjoyed a truly relaxing stay after a week touring the island.We were fortunate to have a large deluxe room which was both charming and private with a beautiful balcony from which we could enjoy the sunset each evening.
The food we found to be excellent as was the service. When we were there strangely it was not even half full and I do wonder about the effect on the ambience when the Villa was full. As we departed a family was arriving along with supersoakers and various other toys which did somewhat alleviate our sadness at leaving.
Only one note of caution - do not be fooled as we were by the waiter who convinced us that you could not purchase Arrack at the airport and kindly offered to buy some for us as we had taken a liking to the excellent Arrack sours we used to drink before dinner.When we got to the airport we found that we could have bought a bottle at a third of the cost Still he was a charming and attentive member of staff!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank dansoph

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
Ipswich, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2011

We stayed 5 nights (Deluxe Room) after arriving in Columbo and it could not have been a better start. Beautiful Geoffrey Bawa building and garden, friendly and helpful staff; the food was tasteful, well presented, tables nicely set. The staff are efficient but never efficious. The room was spacious, nice furnishings although the bathroom was in need of modernising. The train at the bottom of the garden was never a problem, a quirky feature as it trundled past on its scheduled timetable taking people to and from work. Taking a trip on it to Galle was quite an adventure. There is a masseur who visits the hotel daily who is very good and not expensive.
We would return tomorrow!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2011

A great boutique hotel, hidden away from the larger hotels in bentota. Beautifully appointed rooms with great service. The food was fabulous, the shrimp cocktail was a winner!

• Stayed January 2011
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 10, 2010

Enjoyed time at Club Villa but as title suggests the cheap holiday makers in coaches spoiled the stay somewhat. Perhaps I should have researched better but the website makes the Hotel look like great fun but with privacy. Fun , yes but there is basically one public area for all to enjoy and this was always taken by louts swearing and allowing the children to scream all day .

On the plus side, I thought the staff were diligent and happy to offer assistance. Food was good and the room clean, comfortable and fun colours!

Families would enjoy this Hotel but couples perhaps search elsewhere as Bentota has a plethora of Hotels for all types of tourists.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 20, 2010

During my visit to Sri Lanka for 2 weeks, I was fortunate enough to stay in Bentota Club Villa for 2 nights. My experience at Club Villa was exceptional. I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful staff. They even filled my information card while I was sipping on my welcome drink, and all I had to do was to sign it.
My room was clean and spacious and had an excellent view of the pool. The service staff cleaned up the rooms while we had dinner so we always walked into a tidy room for a night of peaceful rest. I was there with a few of my friends, and the hotel staff made sure that we were always comfortable and our needs were met. I managed to get a traditional ayurvedic massage at the hotel at a very reasonable price.
The beach was clean and the sunsets were gorgeous on both evenings. The food was good, but there is room for improvement. We were there on a half board basis which included breakfast and dinner. For breakfast we were given tea/coffee, fruit plate and either eastern or western style breakfast. I tried both and was quite pleased with the Sri Lankan style breakfast. Was a little spicy but wasn’t overwhelming. I loved it. Tea and coffee were served in the grassy lawn in the early evening with cake and cookies. Dinner entrées were chosen at that time. The good thing about this place was the fact that they didn’t have a set time for the meals. We were able to get our food when we were ready not when they wanted us to be ready. So we didn’t have to wake up too early for breakfast or go too early for dinner. The only negative I have to comment on the dinner was the fact they didn’t serve the soup in a soup bowl, it was more like a coffee mug. This practice needs to be changed immediately.
The first day while we were out shopping for some souvenirs we decided to have lunch at a place called Silk Route. It was about one kilometer south of the Club Villa. We were pleasantly surprised by the food at this café. The theme… name says it all. They had food from many countries of the “Silk Route”. I had the café special, Jumbo Lagoon Prawns in curry leaf sauce and it was the best I had. The shrimp looked like lobsters. My friends ordered kebabs and hummus and Thai fried rice. We were all very satisfied customers we went back for lunch the next day as well. I had flavored iced tea which was very refreshing and my friends had the fresh fruit juice… the best fresh juice we had during our entire time in Sri Lanka.
The day we wanted to check out the manager offered us a late check out as he didn’t want to rush us as we were enjoying some local cocktails at the poolside at Club Villa. This gesture by the management showed that they were all about caring for their guests.
I have no hesitation recommending Club Villa in Bentota for anyone who is looking for a relaxing and beautiful environment where you are not rushed on a set schedule. Bentota was one of my favorite places in Sri Lanka and hope to visit again in the near future. If you don’t plan on staying in Bentota, at least stop at Silk Route for lunch; international cuisine at its best. Club Villa… keep up your good work and thank you for a memorable stay with you all.
Cheers!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Colombo
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2010

Stayed there one weekend and found the place very calm and romantic. Stayed in the villa, 1st floor. Very nice room with a big balcony with a view over the garden, train track and the ocean. Service was very friendly and professional. Only one thing was a bit annoying - the waiter was only addressing my husband - asked him if the food was nice, what Sir would like to have to drink etc, but ignored me totally. It was only this person, but it was a bit of a downturn for me. The rest of the staff was very nice and friendly. Food was good but not excellent. I liked the place very much, sent even my parents there later on to relax one weekend out of colombo. Unfortunately they ate some salad that made them sick, but otherwise they were happy with the place and the service.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

Amazing villa designed by Bawa. Nice settings and gardens. Disapointing rooms. Would deserve refurbishment of rooms.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Bentota
Vivanta by Taj - Bentota
Centara Ceysands Resort & Spa Sri Lanka
AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa
Paradise Road The Villa Bentota
Bentota Beach by Cinnamon
Cocoon Resort & Villas
Cocoon Resort & Villas
#3 of 9 in Induruwa

Been to Club Villa? Share your experiences!