We spent our last three nights in Sri Lanka at this hotel. The service and cleanliness, as in Sri Lanka in general, is very good, with smiling staff who do their best. Other positive points are the location - a nice beach, although the ocean was too rough for bathing during our visit, and two great pools. Breakfast is fine but the dinner menu needs refining, including the addition of dishes suitable for the Western palate. (In addition to my husband and myself, there were many Europeans at the hotel during our stay.) Unfortunately, the air conditioning in our large deluxe room could not be adjusted and so it constantly blew on us. In addition, we had reserved a deluxe room with a view, but the view from our room gave us only a peek at the ocean.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to our Bentota hotel, beach haven. Soak up colonial charm in nearby Galle. Laze by the ocean as AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa combines contemporary style with sun-filled days on the southwest coast. Spice up your appetite with local flavours. Sail gently through the mangroves for a relaxing afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Hotwire, Booking.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Expedia, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Priceline, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avani Bentota Hotel Bentota
- Avani Bentota Resort And Spa
- Serendib Hotel Bentota