We had 4 nights at the Avani and were impressed by the decor and the overall ambience. The staff were very friendly and always willing to go the extra mile to make sure we were well looked after. Tipping is a really good thing as their wages weren't high - 100 rupees (basically $1 Aust) is an OK tip, but if the service is special, more will always be appreciated.
The BBQ dinner on the beach was a lovely idea, and quite special and we were a group of seven among tables of two. The food was the disappointing thing here. The seafood particularly wasn't good and at around $145 a couple, quite expensive in Sri Lankan terms.
My manicure was also quite a disappointment, although very relaxing, not up to the quality of a classy hotel.
Overall enjoyed our time here very much
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to our Bentota hotel, beach haven. Soak up colonial charm in nearby Galle. Laze by the ocean as AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa combines contemporary style with sun-filled days on the southwest coast. Spice up your appetite with local flavours. Sail gently through the mangroves for a relaxing afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire, TripOnline SA and Cancelon so you can book your AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avani Bentota Hotel Bentota
- Avani Bentota Resort And Spa
- Serendib Hotel Bentota