My first time in Sri Lanka, and was somewhat let down at all places i visited but this property. Avani is nice, convenient, relaxing and good value for the buck. Travelling as a couple, we enjoyed the rooms, the bar, pool and the beach was great with acres of soft sand. You can surf, snorkel (although not mch coral, some fish) dive, go deep sea fishing or just relax and soak some sun. Ideal time to travel will be from December-April. However, its not suited for children and the night life entertainment in the hotel as well as the area lets it down a bit.
But Avani being a sister concern of Anatara Resorts in Thailand and Maldives, does live up to its reputation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to our Bentota hotel, beach haven. Soak up colonial charm in nearby Galle. Laze by the ocean as AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa combines contemporary style with sun-filled days on the southwest coast. Spice up your appetite with local flavours. Sail gently through the mangroves for a relaxing afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and TripOnline SA so you can book your AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avani Bentota Hotel Bentota
- Avani Bentota Resort And Spa
- Serendib Hotel Bentota