We stayed in the Avani at the start of December as it was in the process of re-opening and it was lovely. The rooms are very stylish and we really loved the rainfall shower and the super kingsize bed. The hotel was perfectly situated, our room looked on to the pool and immediately behind this was the beach (you could hear the waves crashing while lying around the pool). Bentota was very quiet with not a lot going so we opted for half board and food in the A la carte restaurant was excellent. The drinks and food outside of this at the hotel were expensive (think London bar prices!), which was a bit of a shock having spent the first four days of our holiday in Kandy, where things were much cheaper.
The hotel is very near Bentota railway station so you'd be well placed for day trips to Galle and Colombo.
Overall we had a lovely time and based on our experience I'd definitely recommend the hotel, my only concern would be as the hotel becomes more established that it doesn't start to attract a package holiday crowd.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Get away to our Bentota hotel, beach haven. Soak up colonial charm in nearby Galle. Laze by the ocean as AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa combines contemporary style with sun-filled days on the southwest coast. Spice up your appetite with local flavours. Sail gently through the mangroves for a relaxing afternoon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Orbitz and HotelQuickly so you can book your AVANI Bentota Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Avani Bentota Hotel Bentota
- Avani Bentota Resort And Spa
- Serendib Hotel Bentota