Bentota Beach by Cinnamon
$125
$92
Agoda.com
Vivanta by Taj - Bentota(Bentota)
$114
$203
Saman Villas(Bentota)
$413
1,466 results
All reviewsbentota beachwater sportssri lankathe rivera la carte restaurantjet skiswimming poolsuperior roomplenty of sunbedsnice poolturtle hatcherybeautiful beachgeoffrey bawaindian oceancurriesbreakfast and dinnertuk tuk
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Great location with very large gardens and direct access to the beach, so very good for families. Good sports facilities, although bad that there was no air-con in the squash courts or Gym. Excellent dinner buffet with variety of European and Sri Lankan food.
Team at the water sports centre let them down badly by being inflexible, poor value, and not as pleasant and polite as other staff, but this might just have been a bad day.
It's about a two and a half hour journey from the airport, and an hour and a half from Galle, depending of course on conditions.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 2, 2012

Just been back for the third time and I am pleased to report that all is still very good here. As an all-inclusive it is excellent. The choice of food is wonderful although few of us departed from the wide range of curries. There is masses of space which allows people to do their own thing whether yoga, pool aerobics, pool in the bar, beach walking or swimming, badminton, squash, jet skiing and so on. The staff are excellent. Many have been there for years too. Strongly recommend that you tip everyone there - an odd 50 or 100 goes a long way and is much appreciated.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location right on the beach, however the beach isn't private/managed by the hotel, so you surf at your own risk. Rooms were quite nice, however our aircon was rubbish and after calling reception to have it looked at and some temperature checks and so forth, it was still just bareable with the fan on also. Free wifi was a real plus and I loved the balcony overlooking the grounds, despite the crazy heat and humidity. Narrow breakfast and lunch buffet times meant for a stampede of tourists and the food was average, nothing to write home about. Cheap cocktails in the bar helped pass the time away and we dined in the lower restaurant which was pricy by comparison, and again, a little above average - but not fantastic. My partner Sri Lankan, and the hotel staff, on the premise of being friendly, couldn't wait to start up a conversation, with, in my opinion, the hope of scoring a tip. This drove us mad by the end of our three nights, as they stopped us in the corridors, at breakfast/dinner, around the grounds, just about everywhere. Great location close to lots of other things to see and do around. The main pool was nice, but so warm, I think it was cooler out of the water. Lots of great spots around the grounds to relax on day beds. Easy and quick to get to from Colombo with the new highway.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 26, 2012

have just returned from a 8 day stay here and found it so peaceful and relaxing food was excellent apart from Chickens Gizzards for breakfast not my cup of earl grey the hotel did seem to be very popular with the eastern europeans as well but in comparison to the bentota beach club this was the ritz
only fault ordered early breakfast on checkout and when i arrived nobody knew anything about it oh and no internet cafe as advertised

Room Tip: theyre all good
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We spent two nights at the hotel. Arrival and check in was done efficiently by Antilog Vacations – Our tour operator for Srilanka. This is my first visit and I had a great experience. Its unique location offers you spotless beaches, amazing scuba diving opportunities. The hotel as well as the staff was very friendly and nice. The reason to book this hotel was that we gota gud srilanka deal from our travel agent & we just dint wanted to miss on that

The room where we stay was spacious, featuring all the modern day necessities with big bathrooms and beautiful scenic view of the ocean. The food managers were well mannered and do his job beautifully. I had a breakfast which was good but I loved the supper at night with tropical drinks. The bartender was very funny and a well known person.

For the food loving persons it’s a best place as you will get diverse menu, dishes from all over the world. I really enjoyed the spa treatment; it made me relax and rejuvenated feels superb. I did elephant ride which was awesome and did some shopping for my family.

I loved the nights there as the surroundings was very calm and quiet, I sat near the pool bar and enjoy the serenity and the wonderful weather around. The immaculate and fresh air, cool and calm environment and very pleasant ambience make me feel refreshed and relaxed.

The wildlife around the resort was very rare and unseen I had never seen such types of animals and birds that’s just amazing. The sporting activities are higher than normal price which I think should be reduced. I didn’t try the gym but it was looking up to date with all modern equipments.

With due respect to hotel and its ground I didn’t found a pin point fault in their services but they cud have been better dressed than in Lungi /Banyan ! Overall I found it a nice place to visit and all the staff is very friendly and great. If I get a chance, I will definitely visit the resort again.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family