Riverside Inn Fuji Bentota
$62
$108
  • Beachfront
Vivanta by Taj - Bentota(Bentota)
$116
$162
Saman Villas(Bentota)
$413
$370
All reviewsguest housethe rivermixed fruitmr kumarbutter and jamsri lankaboat safarissmall boutique hotelmin walkdelightful placeroom was largeevery morningfamily roomtuk tuka wonderful stayhome away from homecomfortable bed
Reviewed July 17, 2012

We stumbled by accident into this little piece of heaven. Mr. Kumara really is a superb host, a real gentleman and an excellent chef. We stayed for two days, then left for our roadtrip through Sri Lanka but went back after a month to Bentota just to stay a couple of nights more!

On my birthday, Mr. Kumara made a wonderful sushi dinner fur us, beside the river, candle lit. It was just magical.

It's a clean, comfortable place (unlike many others in Sri Lanka) with a beautiful garden, nice rooms and great food. Real value for money.

Our best regards to mr. Kumara!

Peter & Mieke

Room Tip: Omly three rooms, but the rooms on the first floor have a great balcony. The room on the ground floor has garden access.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Halkmund
Reviewed May 27, 2012

I stayed with a friend for 2 nights at the Riverside Fuji. Mr. Kumara picked us up from the airport and brought us to his lovely place on the river bank. The room was clean and comfortable, the views are breathtaking. Breakfasts were calm, tasty and served just when we asked.
Kumara and his staff were extremely hospitable, took care of all our needs and made us feel welcome in Sri Lanka. It was a pefect beginning to a perfect trip.
Highly recommended!
Lior

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Doron Y
Reviewed March 10, 2012

The owner of the guesthouse, Mr. Kumara, was extremely friendly and made us feel very welcome. The atmosphere is very familiar because there are only three rooms. The breakfast in the garden at the riverside is unforgettable. Our room was very clean and service always kind. Next time we're in Bentota, without any doubt, we're going back to this unique guesthouse. Looking forward to sipping tea with Mr. Kumara again!

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 29, 2012

I stayed here for 8 weeks in 2010 whilst in Sri Lanka, travelling as a female solo traveller and Fuji really became like my second home. Sanjaya and his family made me feel very welcome and their hospitality is amazing. I didn't want to leave! I had a room upstairs which was lovely and had great views of the river. The rooms are cleaned to a high standard and I had flowers placed on my bed every day, which was a lovely touch. The food is cooked by Sanjaya, a chef who has years of experience from working in Japan and is to a very high standard and Sanjaya will literally cater to your needs! I can't wait to return one day to see people who literally became like second family and made me feel so welcome. If you're ever in Bentota and want a true Sri Lankan welcome, Riverside Inn Fuji is the place.

Room Tip: The room upstairs on the left has great views of the river.
  • Stayed: June 2011, traveled solo
2  Thank JennyMay2010
Reviewed December 31, 2011

I cant recommend this place highly enough. Lovely villa style building with fantastic views of the Bentota river, which make for a great breakfast setting every morning. Extremely clean and run by a lovely guy who is just so helpful (both him and his staff really add to how great this place is). The location is also superb as it is set back slightly from the main road of Bentota which makes it a peaceful place but is still only a 5-7 min walk to the beach and restaurants.

I will definitely be returning to this place if i am ever lucky enough to go back to Sri Lanka again!! Great Value for money.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple