“What we had was excellent not the cheapest but good value”

AIDA Ala carte Restauarant
Ranked #21 of 64 Restaurants in Bentota
Cuisines: European, Seafood, Sri Lankan
Good for: Romantic, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Description: A very friendly restaurant that is situated on the banks of the river that can be clearly viewed whilst dining. We serve good seafood and tasty meals from curries to sandwiches and steaks.
Reviewed October 23, 2013 via mobile

Across the road from Bentota beach hotel.We were welcomed by the staff who were very friendly and attentive ,the service was Excellent.I ordered Jumbo Prawns (500g)price was the market on the day.I asked to see them first and was shown a lovely fresh Lobster and 9 beautiful Jumbo Prawns.I chose the prawns to be cooked in garlic butter literally finger licking.My wife had sweet and sour seer fish this was also excellent all I can say is give it a try

2  Thank Roy508
scyohan, Manager at AIDA Ala carte Restauarant, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Thank you for your Excellent rating for us. We are so happy that you enjoyed the moment and for keeping us in your memory. We are planning to introduce Private Dinning at the end of this year, may be you can try that next time around. All the best to you from AIDA Team and me.

Priyanga

Reviewed September 26, 2013

Had two evening meals and a morning cup of coffee at the restaurant. Venue was lovely, especially if you had a table overlooking the river. The waiter service was very attentive and the food good. I ordered the chicken soup and it was the best I have ever eaten, the price was also very reasonable, considering it was also part of a hotel. Would have no hesitation recommending people yo eat here. I also ate the salad there (as was told not to eat salad in Sri Lanka, for fear salad veggies would not be washed in bottle water), without any problems.

1  Thank jenniga

Pleasure was all mine to serving you. Thank you for being so friendly and we are very happy for your review. We will try to make your next experience at AIDA even better. Wish you all the best and seasonal Greetings!

Reviewed September 1, 2013

It was 4 pm and we were hungry and that is the only bias in this review.The seafood platter was JUST "OUT OF THE WORLD".What made it OOTW was the special concoction...SAUCE that accompanied the platter.It is one of the best sauces ever.I suggest that they shud patent that sauce.OVERALL...A GREAT EXPERIENCE.

2  Thank ajayKAUL1491
scyohan, Cheff at AIDA Ala carte Restauarant, responded to this reviewResponded December 1, 2013

Hello sir, Im Cheff Lal for AIDA. I'm happy you like my Food. Thank you. Sea food must not be cooked too long or too short. You can try cooking some prawns at your home sometime. Its simple.
Lemon butter sauce: Use good butter , boil and mix lemon juice
Garlic butter sauce: Use good butter, boil mix with sauted minced garlic.

pan fry your seafood and spray salt and paper. use the sauce on top and serve with salad or chips.

good luck

Reviewed March 30, 2013

Excellent varied menu sea food a specialty, good taste .the lobster was excellent.so was everything else friendly helpful staff.attentive and quick service. beautiful river side, cool and smooth, p/apple surprise was very good taste,thank you guys once again will back to aida

1  Thank firnaz f
scyohan, Manager at AIDA Ala carte Restauarant, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

We are very happy to receive such positive comment from a very special customer . All our staff enjoyed serving you and your family and thank you for being so good. We hope you enjoyed your time in Sri Lanka and i', sure we will meet again.

All the best to you !!!

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Starting with the good news, great location overlooking the Bentota river near the bridges. The menu was quite varied and interesting, and the prices reasonable. Staff tried to be very friendly, and helpful attitude but then it all very quickly went wrong............Firstly after very carefully explaining our order and how we wanted it served, this was completely misunderstood, resulting in my starter (Chilli Crab) not turning up but my wife's main course (seafood salad) did!

Explained the situation (by now my wife had largely finished her food) my starter dish arrived- it looked (and the sauce tasted) superb, but crab in the shell obviously requires tools to break it open and to clear it out from the shell. Incredibly, this establishment could only find some old nutcrackers, but no tools for clearing the meat from the broken shells. This is a restaurant with an extensive Seafood menu, including a US$70 Shellfish platter for 2 people.Utterly incompetent. The crab was sent back as it was not possible to eat it properly without injuring myself. My main then arrived, a devilled calamari dish, fair ingredients quality but timid and mildly spiced, unlike any other devilled dish I have had in Sri Lanka.

The crab which I was unable to eat was refunded, but the 10% service charge still applied even though the service was a joke, the dishes served out of the specified sequence spoiling our experience and in the case of shellfish, in a manner which was totally incompetent. They actually asked if we would be returning, making no promises about supplying the correct cutlery and tools for eating shellfish. They just do not seem to get it!

If you are happy to eat fish or meat you will probably have an acceptable meal, but please do not shell out (no pun intended!) on shellfish, you will struggle to be able to eat all of what you are paying for, unless they start to provide the basic culinary tools for shellfish. This is not a problem anywhere else we have had crab/lobster/lagoon prawns.

1  Thank Dunkster82
scyohan, Manager at AIDA Ala carte Restauarant, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2013

We apologize for the inconvenience caused by the new recruit member of staff due to lack of training.
I thank you for your feedback and since then we take special attention of proper cutlery needed for special meals and supervised by the Restaurant manager himself.

once again, thank you for visiting us and look forward to seeing you again on your next visit our island