“It's a pleasure to eat here!”
Review of Serena Villa Restaurant - CLOSED

Serena Villa Restaurant
Cuisines: European, Seafood, International, Sri Lankan
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: You can sit in the beach sand bar on the bentota river with snaks for a few beers to enjoy the beautifull sunsets! What ever you fancy we will accommodate you. Please join us to the truly superb seafood,which we specialise in,and experiencesri lanken and interntional cusine at it s best the delightful setting of our river side restaurant..
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Perfect windy place, where we used to go for a lunch or dinner very often during my six-month stay in Bentota. Friendly staff, which looked after about us always very well. My favorits here are "Lime chicken with cashew nuts" and "Deviled seafood", but other dishes are very good too.

Reviewed February 21, 2014 via mobile

If you love seafood and music this place is definitely for you. They got variety of freshly cooked fish and other seafood which goes well with chilled bear especially on a typically hot sunny day of bentota. I been hear a couple of times and It's been wonderful place to hang around with good river view as It's on river. Do visit I suggest it

Reviewed February 20, 2014

We spent the last few dates of our holiday in Bentota and we really liked to have dinners and spend our evenings at Serena Villa Restaurant. Seafood is great and their curry is delicious! Staff is very friendly, great atmosphere and brilliant location!
We will come back ;)

Reviewed February 16, 2014

Based on tripadvisor reviews decided this was the restaurant to try when venturing out from my lovely hotel. Bad choice! Yes, the setting is pleasant and the young waiter was polite. I chose the seafood bisque to start with, and as a past reviewer has commented, it was most delicious. I'm sure I would have really enjoyed it if I'd had the time. Having waited nearly 40 minutes for it to be served, I had barely had a mouthful, when my main course turned up at the table, causing me to make the choice between finishing my soup and having a cold main course or leaving most of my soup, which I did. My freshly cooked fish was good eating,but the salad that came with it, some dry chopped up 'whatever' wasn't. I could not get anyone's attention to pay the bill when it was time to leave and when I finally went up to the counter desperate to pay and leave, I was informed, contrary to earlier information, that they would not accept credit card. Have other people been able to pay by credit card, or did they just get a bit snakey with me? If an establishment genuinely does not accept credit cards, you should be informed prior to dining or you might find yourself in my position, facing ten years of dish washing to pay the fairly hefty prices charged here. I did not have the required amount in rupees and luckily still had enough in assorted currencies to pay and afford a tuk-tuk home. I was eager to get home because some man wandering around the restaurant kept hassling me for my phone number, even following me outside. All together, an unpleasant evening.

2  Thank Brishelen
Reviewed January 8, 2014

I heard & read about serena villa on trip advisor so when i was in sri lanka lasr week i thought of hvng food in the restaurant trust me the food is really awsome and specially sea food. So i will suggest everyone whosoever visiting this small town to go and try the food atleast once.