“Escoffier for a westren food change”
Review of Escoffier - CLOSED

Escoffier
Cuisines: Indian, Seafood, International, Sri Lankan
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic
Description: Modern, Stylish and Comfortable. Soak up the ambience and enjoy our inspired menu. The restaurant combines a palette of vivid colours and elegant teak furnishings. Escoffier has been styled into an all day affair where you can choose from a cup of coffee to a sumptuous semi fine dining meal.It is a great place for Al fresco dining with its timber paved beautiful Verandah where you can enjoy a cup of tea while listening to the soul soothing sound of sea waves with glimpse of the sea. The restaurant has 36 covers inside, 24 covers on the Verandah and 16 covers outside in the courtyard. Escoffier is open from 11.00 am to 10.00 pm on everyday.Restaurant's all-day menus include a great value plat du jour as well as a stunningly good a la carte choice. It is the best place in town offering an extensive choice of quality international food and beverage items, as well as local specialties and in addition - 'made to order' favourites. Whether you're looking for an affordable yet chic restaurant to take your date, a warm, inviting venue to have a BBQ with your friends on weekend, Escoffier has something for everyone.
Khartoum
“Escoffier for a westren food change”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

I liked the design .
I disliked the location. very far and very difficult to get back at night
food was great. its a good place specially if you are tired of local food and indian-style food .
may be it was thr wrong day of the week to go because I waited fo very long to get a tuktuk back to hotel

Visited November 2012

Kiev, Ukraine
“Average”
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Food is not worth for money. We have ordered a prawn curry but its not big enough as its too expensive.

Visited May 2013
Brodrigo, Owner at Escoffier, responded to this review, May 15, 2013
Thank you for visiting Escoffier restaurant. First of all I apologize if the food ordered was not up to your expectation. I wish you could write a bit more about it to us so we could see what we can do to improve.
According to your comment you have ordered one prawn curry for more than one person. So the quantity wise it will not satisfy you. For the Prawn curry we use only bigger size prawns and it is 200g per portion. It will be enough for one person but to share among two is cannot recommend.
Prawns are an expensive sea food item during this off season ( May) but we never change our prices mention in the Menu. I don't think a person could rate the place average by ordering just one Prawn curry.
I guarantee to anyone that our prices are the lowest in town. Please visit us once to experience the difference.
Pune,India
“Gourmet Sri Lankan !!”
Reviewed April 5, 2013

I have never had such awesome sea food ever !! Had ordered a Lobster and it was cooked to perfection.....juicy and full of flavor !!

Escoffier is run by a couple who are passionate about food and we could taste that passion in their food !! Simply delicious...drinks, appetizers, main course and desert---all just GREAT !!!

We went there late afternoon for lunch and realized that there was no electricity...so we asked them to serve us food on the beach opposite the restaurant, which they gladly obliged to and it was completely worth-it !!!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Soniya A
Derby, United Kingdom
“Good service and good food”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Myself and my partner enjoyed an evening meal at Escoffier. The price was good, and the food was delicious. I enjoyed a Mongolian style rice dish whilst my partner thoroughly enjoyed his lamb chops! Waiter staff was pleasant. The only problem was that we were a little warm and couldnt feel the air con. Other than that, it is a very nice place to eat.

Visited February 2013
Northamptonshire
“Great place to get out oh hotel”
Reviewed January 11, 2013

My husband and I recently celebrated my 40th birthday in Escoffier, and the staff could not have done enough. I didn't want to spend the night at the hotel being over charged and ripped off for seafood at the restaurant additional to the half board package. So after some searching on trip advisor and talking to locals we found Escoffier. My husband emailed them asking for a reservation and subsequently had ordered champagne, (as they dont keep it in stock they apparently ordered in some specially for my big birthday) and made me a birthday cake, the food we ordered was just lovely and well presented - they made my night just lovely. The only complaint I can muster is that they slightly hurried the food along, just as our first course dishes were collected they wanted to bring out the main, which for us was just too rushed. We had both ordered lobster which was absolutely delicious and extremely well priced. Even considering the special request the cost was half that of what we would have paid at the hotel and much more personal, would definitely go there again if ever back in the country. If you want a change from your hotel then I strongly recommend Escoffier as they literally will bend over backwards to make your night special and is only a short tuk tuk ride from surrounding hotels.

• Visited January 2013
Brodrigo, Owner at Escoffier, responded to this review, February 19, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for this delightful review. It's a pleasure serving you and make you feel special on your special day. I have spoken to my supervisor regarding your complaint as well. In future it will not happen. You will be able to enjoy your meal spending your time relaxing with your loved ones. Thank you once again and hope we will be able to see you soon.