“Very friendly and relaxed” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Escoffier - CLOSED

Escoffier
Cuisines: Sri Lankan, Indian, Seafood, International, Asian
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: Modern, Stylish and Comfortable. Soak up the ambience and enjoy our inspired menu. The restaurant combines a palette of vivid colours and elegant teak furnishings. Escoffier has been styled into an all day affair where you can choose from a cup of coffee to a sumptuous semi fine dining meal.It is a great place for Al fresco dining with its timber paved beautiful Verandah where you can enjoy a cup of tea while listening to the soul soothing sound of sea waves with glimpse of the sea. The restaurant has 36 covers inside, 24 covers on the Verandah and 16 covers outside in the courtyard. Escoffier is open from 11.00 am to 10.00 pm on everyday.Restaurant's all-day menus include a great value plat du jour as well as a stunningly good a la carte choice. It is the best place in town offering an extensive choice of quality international food and beverage items, as well as local specialties and in addition - 'made to order' favourites. Whether you're looking for an affordable yet chic restaurant to take your date, a warm, inviting venue to have a BBQ with your friends on weekend, Escoffier has something for everyone.
“Very friendly and relaxed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2012 via mobile

Wonderful establishment with chic decor . Staff were very friendly and helpful . Food was lovely especially the free little bread rolls straight from the bakery yum yum . Altogether great place to eat . Will definitely be going back soon .

Brodrigo, Owner at Escoffier, responded to this review, January 1, 2013
Thank you so much for your review. I am glad that you liked the fresh home made bread rolls.
Thank you for patronizing our restaurant.

Stuttgart, Germany
“The best ever Romantic candlelit dinner at Escoffier”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2012

It was 5 pm when i decided to give my lovely wife a wonderful surprise while I was on the way to Colombo from Galle. It was the first holiday in Sri Lanka after a long time since i migrated to Germany. Thanks to http://www.facebook.com/escoffier and to tripadvisor I knew that Escoffier would be the ideal place since I have heard a lot about this wonderful restaurant. I called the team at Escoffier around 5.30 pm asking for a possibility of organizing a Romantic candlelit dinner for two at the Fisherman's Grill. I was already worried because i knew that it was too late to organize such a thing, specially on the beach. However the response was unbelievable. when I arrived at Escoffier (Fisherman's Grill), my eyes could not believe what i saw. when i told my wife that we are having our dinner here, I saw only tears in her eyes and she said that it was the best surprise that she ever had in her life. The romantic set up on the beach with the setting sun was just amazing. We fell in love again with the atmosphere.
The service was outstanding, the food was very delicious and the venue and the view..oh man..just breath taking.
I highly recommend for all you guys out there! if you think of surprising your partner or enjoying a meal at a wonderful place for a reasonable price, Escoffier is the perfect match. visit once ! and you will go again.

• Visited May 2012
1 Thank Milindu_Peiris
Brodrigo, Owner at Escoffier, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your great review. Escoffier teams is always eager and happy to arrange romantic dinner on the beach for you at no extra cost. I am glad that your wife was really happy and surprised. We are all happy for both of you.

Thank you very much for visiting us and hope to see you again when you are in Sri Lanka.
“A taste of France with a little Sri Lankan twist”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2012

Ok so I'm not a food critic but I have spent some time as a chef in the uk cooking and preparing banquets for up to 500 people as well as having several other jobs in the food industry over the years.
I turned up tonight at the Escoffier not knowing that the whole restaurant had been pre-booked for a private party and wasn't open to the general public so I was a little disappointed. I was about to leave when the manager came over and introduced himself and then showed me to a table.
I odered a simple burger with fries and was given some breadrolls (which tasted a lot like Brioche) to nibble on while I waited. I can't comment on the rest of the menu but my burger was spot on.The bun was fresh, the burger was cooked just how I like it and I thoroughly enjoyed every bite. The service was excellent despite there being around 40 people being catered to besides myself and I was even given a free sample of some of the food to try from the party, freshly made pakoras which were very tasty. I plan to return to the Escoffier later in the week when they're less busy and try something from their A La Carte menu so there may be a more detailed review coming later in the week.
Oh and I nearly forgot to mention, including a bottle of the Coke the bill was 650rps which translates to about £3 so excellent value for money as well.....

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank Dave F
Brodrigo, Owner at Escoffier, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your delightful review. The management apologize for not informing the public about restaurant closures for private functions early in advance. We will definitely update the status in our social network page (eg -facebook) even if we could not do it on our official web site.

We have our own bakery downstairs in the premises. So we prepare fresh bread rolls and buns and hot pastries will be available everyday at our pastry shop across the road. We do not keep burger pattie prepared in advance. We prepare it fresh. Maybe that's the secret for a tasty burger.

once again thank you so much for visiting us and writing a lovely comment about Escoffier. We hope to see you again!
Colombo
“Simple & Charming ambience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2012

I happened to visit "Escoffier" accidentaly when I was driving back to Colombo. We spent a little time and decided to have our lunch there. We ordered a simple Sri Lankan Meal and I must say without any exaggeration , it was really tasty & mouthwatering !! My family enjoyed it very much. I think the meal became extra ordinary with the hospitality extended by the Management and staff. I must recommend the Chef's skills in prsenting meal in a professional manner. They serve meals on the beach too and flexiblity is their key word in serving customers. In my opinion no one should miss this place if you are driving down south. Only negative point I have observed was there were no adequate visible signages to spot this place clearly, so you need to drive slow to spot this place.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank Maurice L
Brodrigo, Owner at Escoffier, responded to this review, September 8, 2012
Thank you very much for your wonderful review. At Escoffier we aim to please our guests providing a good dining experience. Dining on the beach is not available in many restaurants in Bentota, so we give our guests the opportunity to select the place they dine.

I agree with you that at the moment the signs along the road is not enough to spot our beautiful restaurant. We will work on that. Thank you very much for your suggestions and we hope to see you again at Escoffier .
colombo
“The Best Place to Have a Meal.... when you are in the southern area in Sri Lanka!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 2, 2012

We all are locals, living in colombo- Me,my wife, my mom, my sister and her three kids, we all went on a holiday trip to hikkaduwa. on our way to hikkaduwa.. we saw this nice restaurant called "Escoffier" in Bentota, so we decided to drop -in there for a snack and some fruit juice. The snacks was super tasty and the fruit juices are fresh, and the staff was very nice to all of us, specially for the kids, everything is very clean and nice. So we went to Hikkaduwa to see Corals( in a Glass bottom boat). and we had some good time in the beach.

On our way back I asked everybody "Shall we go back to the place where we had the snack for lunch" everybody said yes, and my sister's kids said loud YES !!!

So, on our way back to colombo, we went back to Escoffier for lunch. We ordered food from the Menu, and the food was amazingly tasty, quantity wise each portion is well served. food was super, staff was very good to all of us, the place was very clean, and the whole works!!
we met the owner of Escoffier, Mr.Bhanuka, he is a hotelier by him self, and he is a very nice guy!

Truly, the entire mix of Escoffier is amazing, and I will recommend any person to go there and experience the true Sri Lankan hospitality under a one roof!

next time when go down south, I will definitely go to Escoffier for a super restaurant experience!

Thank you.`

• Visited May 2012
3 Thank clarantha s
Brodrigo, Owner at Escoffier, responded to this review, June 12, 2012
Thank you for your delightful review. It's been a great pleasure serving you and your party. We hope to see you soon at Escoffier.