“Great location overlooking the railway track”

Malli's Seafood Restaurant
Ranked #2 of 64 Restaurants in Bentota
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: The most romantic place to wine and dine in Bentota.
Reviewed May 25, 2014

We ate here on our first night in Sri Lanka. We arrived at about 9pm and were the last people there as it is currently the low season in Bentota. You enter the restaurant by walking across the railway track.
We did not eat the seafood but it looked lovely. The non-seafood menu is quite limited, but the steak and chicken that we chose were very nice.
We ate outside on the balcony and the highlight of the evening was a train passing by slowly just below us.

There are newer reviews for Malli's Seafood Restaurant

Reviewed May 17, 2014

My family and I visited Malli's for dinner during our brief stay in Kandy few days back on a reccommendation from a friend. It's proximity to a host of hotels works to its advantage to attract customers. The look and feel of the restaurant is quaint and rustic with a very pleasant ambience offering indoor and outdoor seating (right next to a railway track). We chose to sit indoors and were greeted by very friendly and courteous staff. They have a limited menu, which just means they pay attention to detail and offer quality. We were shown the fresh catch of the day and selected medium prawns and parow fish to be grilled and a serving of what turned out to be delicious seafood soup. The fish, fresh and grilled to perfection was served with a side of vegetable rice. Highly reccommended to anyone who appreciates fresh seafood and tasty dining.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

Had read a lot about Malli's Seafood Restaurant on Trip Advisor. I must say it was much better than what we had expected. Lovely ambience. The meal at Malli's was at par with what we used to eat at the Taj Vivanta.

Reviewed May 12, 2014

We were staying at the Surf across the tracks and ate at Malli's every night.
My friend told me about the Tuna Steak, it didn't sound like all that but ended up being the tastiest seafood dish I have ever ate. Mmmmmm.... that butter. Jumbo prawns were HUGE, I thought they were going to jump out my plate and eat ME. Malli and the crew were very hospitable and made us feel right at home.

A big thank you to Malli, Batu and the family for the amazing food, great service and warm hospitality.

Reviewed May 11, 2014

Great food. Great, if unusual, location right next to the railway line. I had lobster the wife had prawns. Portions were ample service was good. Would definitely recommend

1  Thank kirkbowles