$41
  • Breakfast included
$54
  • Breakfast included
Savings alert! 10% below average rates

The price you found is 10% lower than this hotel's average rate of $60/night.

$110
$108
  • Beachfront
$109
$61
Club Villa(Bentota)
$100
All reviewsboutique hotelshanth fernandorailway linegallery cafehomemade ginger beergeoffrey bawasri lankaexecutive suitebaked crabplunge poolspa ceylonadds to the charmbeautiful hoteltrains passinghuge balconystayed for nightscurry
Reviewed February 8, 2012

Stunning place with amazing stylish rooms with the comfiest beds in Sri Lanka; beautiful grounds; great lap pool; right by the beach; and quite literally the best breakfast ever!!

Robert & Sophie

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank RobPod
Reviewed February 6, 2012

A return visit for me - 6 months ago I complained that while the surroundings were fantastic, chic and very very stylish, the service sucked. No longer the case - service had really been improved in the intervening period, and now I would be much more positive. Lovely rooms, extremely beautiful hotel, good food, and .... yes, finally! ... great service. Well done Shanth, and well done Villa Bentota staff and management. Highly recommended. It's small (15 rooms I think), quiet, beautifully designed, and with all comforts (and more).

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank frequenttraveller63
Reviewed February 4, 2012

I cant think of one fault for this hotel. We stayed for 3 nights, on arrival we were greeted with welcome drinks and was shown to our room which was excellent. The room was spacious and a large bathroom with a seperate bath and shower. The room didnt once smell damp which has been reported in previous reviews but there were burners with oil lit every night so maybe the management has taken note of this issue. We were in room 6 and my only suggestion to the managment would be to put a partition up on the balcony as 2 rooms have to share one balcony. The pool area was always clean and the pool was a good size for swimming lengths. There was a security guard at the entrance but never had to show id or my key to enter the property.
The breakfast was from a menu but there was plenty of choice, the waiters are very polite and accomodating. We ate at the restaurant once and found it to be pricey compared to other restaurants in Bentota.
I find 'Lawrence7777' review very hard to believe and find it odd that as he was staying at other hotels during his trip he has only ever made one review?????
All in all this is one of the best hotels Ive ever stayed in and would definately return.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank becsmile
Reviewed January 31, 2012

We spent two nights hers in the Mohotti Suite with our children. It was definitely the best hotel of the 4 properties in which we stayed in Sri Lanka. Service here was head and shoulders above that at the other hotels on our itinerary. One of the many things that set it part from the hotels further south was that it set back from the road so your sleep was not interrupted by the sound of car horns and tuk tuks.

The place has refurbished perfectly; with elegant modern touches complimenting a beautiful Geoffrey Bawa designed property. The gardens and landscaping are serene and the beach at the other side of the railway line is pristine. Whenever we went to the beach in the early morning or late afternoon, we almost had it to ourselves.

I had two minor issues. Firstly, the food while perfectly fine was underwhelming. Secondly, although the layout of the Mohotti Suite worked well with young children (2 bedrooms, bathroom and living room), I would not stay there again; there was no glass on the bedroom windows so noise from the restaurant and driveway travelled into the room, and I'm sure noise from the children went in the opposite direction too. Also, the steep stairs to the room was less than ideal with little children, and frankly I cannot imagine who else other than a young family, would stay in a suite in which two bedrooms shared a bathroom. We would definitely stay there again, but in one of the more modern rooms with large terrace or balcony.

We stopped off here again when passing through Bentota on our return drive to Colombo and were even more appreciative of the joys of being there having experienced the inferior service levels on the south of the island. Would definitely return.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 24, 2012

From arrival to departure the hotel was excellent. The hotel has direct access to the beautiful bentota beach ( you do need to cross a cute railway track). The rooms are appointed with a lot of character as is the rest of the hotel and communal areas.

The staff were attentive and had personality. THey were also very helpful in recommending places around the villa.

The pool is small but beautiful and the grounds are maintained perfectly. My only criticism was a lack of Sri Lankan food on the in-house menu. Breakfast each morning was a highlight too

I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

(i did just also read the negative comments before my review - which surprised me. Given i Just stayed at the property I am a little lost as to the over powering negative tone. I am a very picky traveller and this hotel exceeded all my expectations. I did not have a damp room or experience poor attitude from management)

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with friends