“Tasty food”

DiyaSisila Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 63 Restaurants in Bentota
Cuisines: Seafood, Asian, Sri Lankan
Good for: Scenic view, Families with children, Romantic, Kids, Special occasions, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Romantic and clean place on river Bentota. We can arrange amazing dinner, lunch or tea party (max. 4 persons.) on catamaran on the river, with candles. Our boat man will take you around Dedduwa lake and lagoon. We organize business parties and birthday parties - maximum 20 pax. We prepare village tour - tour + lunch (the best Sri Lanka Rice and Curry) 20 € and bicycle riding.
Leiston, United Kingdom
“Tasty food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 26, 2014

Not much food to choose from on the menu but the prawns we had were the tastiest prawns we have ever eaten. Only two members of staff and so very friendly. The food was served to us quicker here than other restaurants where they had more staff.

Visited April 2014

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
Hong kong
“Still the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

Its my second review, everytime im in my home country I go to Betota just to eat at this place. This time I had to write again simply because the chef has out done himself again. We get all sorts of seafood here in Hong Kong and the locals love freshness, but this right here is hands down the best western style seafood meal you will have

The fish steak was cooked to perfection, fluffy and full of flavour. The meal was good we had 4 main courses to share between 2. All of it was perfect.

Its the care he takes with each dish, everything was perfection, even the carrots were done perfectly

He should be on TV, on radio on anything to show the world how to cook like him. Truly a talented maestro of the seafood

The only bad thing I have to say is that his food is so good it makes the 2nd place look so average in comparison and I had both one after the other

• Visited April 2014
“Very good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We went there following the Tripadvisor Tip. It's a very nice place, if you can eat in the table above the lake it's perfect and very romantic.
We have eaten lobster. Was very good, but we had to wait 1 hour for it.
We went there with a boat combining the river-safari with Diya Sisilia. We went with Chan (+94 77 9821312), a very nice men and cheep to do river-safari, fishing, and Adan's pick excursion . You can find him in the middle of Bentota Brigde over Bentota's river

• Visited April 2014
New York City, New York
“Awesome seafood”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We saw the review on TripAdvisor and decided to go and have dinner at this place.
This place is really nice with only 6 tables all outside dining so make a reservation if you are going. The owner/chef came to the table and introduced himself and explained that everything is made for each individual. He made my daughter some really nice deep fried squid with home made french fries and my wife and I both had the Sri Lanka'n shrimp. ...out of this world. No wonder why they are rated #1. Will recommend everybody to try it out.

Dundee, Scotland
“No Lobster - for a Seafood Restaurant, Really!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014 via mobile

We were persuaded to visit on the back of Trip Advisor reviews and found mixed fortunes at Diya Sisila.

My wife is not a big seafood lover and I was really looking forward to Lobster. The mixed fortunes were that they had nothing except seafood and they had no lobster - whoops!

The owner rustled up a chicken dish for my wife and prawns for me but after an hour of waiting, and then not getting quite what either of us was after, I am struggling to understand why this restaurant is rated so highly.

Don't get me wrong, the food was very tasty, just not what was wanted and how can you have a seafood restaurant without Lobster. Major disappointment. Maybe it was an off night but I would say, give this one a miss and go to Malli's instead.

Visited April 2014