“Best meal for many years”

DiyaSisila Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 62 Restaurants in Bentota
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Romantic and clean place on river Bentota. We can arrange amazing dinner, lunch or tea party (max. 4 persons.) on catamaran on the river, with candles. Our boat man will take you around Dedduwa lake and lagoon. We organize business parties and birthday parties - maximum 20 pax. We prepare village tour - tour + lunch (the best Sri Lanka Rice and Curry) 20 € and bicycle riding.
Chorley, United Kingdom
“Best meal for many years”
Reviewed November 4, 2013 via mobile

We ate at Restaurant Diya Sisila on the 27th October and the 28th October  it was only a few minutes by Tut tut from the Bentota beach hotel (100 rupees)so we didn't book we were met by the owner and his wife and seated near the kitchen, as we hadn't phoned in advance. I asked what was seafood available and were recommended Prawns which was fine by us, we left it to our host to cook two different dishes one with garlic butter and the other was his choice.
We had a lovely salad with dressing and poppadoms  to start.Our prawns came with the best rice I've had in years,my prawns were butterflied and cooked in a curry sauce (the best I've ever tasted ) an explosion of flavours cloves,cinnamon,cardamom,etc.We Finished with a surprised dessert from our host of  ice cream and chopped fresh mangos (picked perfectly ripe).We were also given as we say one for the road ,two glasses of Whiskey.We chatted and ordered Chicken Curry & Wild Boar Curry (giving time to prepare and marinade)for the following day as we had enjoyed our meal so much ?
We were not disappointed with our choice they were as good as the day before.
The owner is an excellent host & Chef .I recommend you call in advance to arrange your evening as everything is bought and prepared daily.

If your in Bentota all I can say is eat here at least once and I hope that you enjoy your meal as much as we did.

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Roy508

• Arabic first
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
“Friendly owner AND he can cook”
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

Most reviews seem to focus on how friendly and charming the host is. He is both these things

Importantly though he can also source seafood and cook it. We had a delicious tranche of perfectly cooked white fish and succulent prawns. The sauce with the fish was amazing, the prawns wonderfully sweet

• Visited October 2013
Newbury, United Kingdom
“A hidden gem”
Reviewed September 29, 2013

We had the most amazing meal here. Make sure you visit - a little off the beaten track but worth it. The restaurant is in a beautiful setting overlooking the lake. We had some very tasty wild boar to start and then some divine garlic prawns that were so fresh. The ice cream after was yum!
The owner/chef and his wife were excellent hosts and we sat with them after for some local arack.
Make sure to go here for at least 1 meal during your stay. You won't be disappointed

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Eva S
Berkshire
“It's a Must”
Reviewed September 11, 2013

We arrived being the only ones there. The owner came straight out and shook your hands. I said I would like to sit under one of their pagodas he said not a good idea it's going to rain. So we sat under cover. I had wine and my husband had ginger beer. We were waiting for the menu when the owner came out and said what would you like, whatever you want I will cook it for you. I ordered chicken curry and my husband had prawn. While it was being cooked the heavens opened and it threw it down. We moved closer and closer in until we ended up in a room outside the kitchen. The food was out of this world. They were so hospitable they kept filling my glass up. After we had eaten we got chatting to the owner and he said he would like to cook us a real Sri Lankan dinner. If we get the tuk tuk driver to give him a ring it will give him time to organise things. It's defiantly a place to go. So reasonable 3300 rupees, he didn't charge for our drinks.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank MaidenheadBridge
Gurugram (Gurgaon), India
“meal with the owner”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

say with the owner. had a meal in the restaurant on one of the nights when there was no crowds. was fabulous to have him cook a meal for me. sri lankan curry, some rice, root beer. typical lankan hospitality. was very warm. after we got chatting,he decided to cook for me.

great food, mildly spicy. well cooked food. since i only eat chicken, he made something for me on his own which was excellent. go here in the evenings and he would be glad to take u for a ride on the lake which this is adjacent to.

lovely place for a nice authentic lankan meal. lil off the way so call and go there. but surely worth a visit. and oh yes....in lanka start getting used to seeing lizards all over the place. they dont bother you and you go on with your meal. rest falls into place.

definetly will visit this place again

Visited July 2013