“Ok for price paid & for short stay”
Review of Panchi Villa

Panchi Villa
Ranked #14 of 88 Specialty Lodging in Bentota
Reviewed November 6, 2012

Value for money (we paid approx. Usd 55 for a double room per night). This is not a luxurious hotel by any standards. The staff will however make you welcome and the pool is a nice touch. The rooms are ok for a short stay, the balcony is large and definite plus. The bathrooms are quite basic and while clean are a bit of a let down. The bar/food area is decent enough for a couple of drinks not so sure about actual dining (only had breakfast). The affiliated sea food restaurant - a 2 minute tuk tuk ride away (provided by Panchi Villa for free) - serves very nice seafood dishes at reasonable prices.

Negative : Probably the bathroom, somebody mentioned some towels, I agree they are a bit dodgy. Overall the bathroom is ok for a short stay but I wouldn't have to use them for a week. Also the breakfast. The bread with processed cheese were not too my taste. The eggs were not particularly tasty. The fruits were ok.

Room Tip: No real tips
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed November 2, 2012

After seeing the reviews I booked this place through Agoda. When I reached there I realised that my nightmare was about to begin.
We had earlier stayed in kandy and Dambulla and thought this hotel will also make our stay comfortable. But when I reached there, there was no internet, TV not working, no basic things like Shampoo, water. I had paid the highest for this hotel among all and was horrified to see even basic things missing. When I checked with the only person manning the reception. He told me rudely if you are interested stay else get out.
It was very cold in night as it had rained. When we asked for blankets for kids. They outrightly refused saying they cant give. I had paid 180$ for 2 days through Agoda. But the guy there told me that Agoda gave them just 40 Euros hence no facilities provided. That person told us that, we should have booked directly on his web site then he would have given better accommodation with all facilities. I was shocked and felt fooled by both Panchi villa and Agoda.
Morning breakfast was some horrible stale bread and some sour fruits.Previous night only I had told the guy that my husband does not eat bread, still we got the same in the morning. Overall felt cheated and fooled. I suggest you all not to choose this place as they dont respect people and no body will be there to take care of your needs

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank avid_traveller7267
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We stayed 2 nights in this hotel .. It's in a quiet area, although there is a railway just few steps away, but you hardly feel the noise .. Rooms are spacious & clean with balconies, yet furniture is a bit old, but it's fine :) .. Bathrooms are also spacious & clean, yet wish they had a bath tub instead of the small shower, since they have enough space! Pool is amazing & you can use it any time of the day/night & its temperature is perfect all the time .. Breakfast was delicious, & the staff are friendly .. They have an OK spa center, & we had a 10 minutes foot massage voucher in our room for one guest, but the spa manager was kind enough to offer us another free voucher :) .. The hotel is 10-15 minutes walk from the AMAZING beach, & the hotel offers a tuktuk service for LKR 100 per way ..

One little tip to the hotel, please get NEW towels; as it's obvious that the ones you provided were old!

Don't expect anything fancy of this hotel, but I can assure you that it's a lovely one & I do recommend it :)

Room Tip: I think all rooms are the same, plus they all have a pool view .. Just don't keep your balcony d...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It is a nice cosy villa. Really nice rooms....nice and huge bathrooms...good food..good service. Though it is a little far from the city, but it is very close to the beach. We had a fantastic time there. Would surely recommend this villa to anyone going to Bentota.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Priyanka C
Reviewed September 16, 2012

This is one of the best honeymoon places that you would never want to miss out. Awesome food, ambiance, friendly staff and the best location. I had stayed here for 4 nights and completely felt at home. The staffs treat you as you are their family member and would do anything for your requests. If you are visiting Srilanka, then don't miss this hotel..............

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2012

If do not try to write advertising text that hotel, I get short: hospitality, cleanliness, nice and great service.
I remember the wonderful cocktails that makes Samba steward of a local restaurant. I will miss about that in Moscow. Friendly attitude of the staff and of course the beautiful, very beautiful Sri Lanka.
Very nice atmosphere and the food.
Thank you very much indeed!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Bianka2
Reviewed September 13, 2012

We stayed for 16 nights at Panchi Villa this was our destination for our wedding and honeymoon. We travelled as a couple with our 5 year old daughter.
The hotel and staff were brilliant and regularly kept our daughter entertained with nature walks around the pool area, the geckos etc can now get some peace now we have left.
We stayed in the top floor super luxury room which had a beautiful four poster bed that was huge! The room was plenty big enough even with an extra bed put in. The room was cleaned every day and linen changed I think every 3rd day.
The balcony was also very nice and spacious with lovely furniture, none of the plastic white stuff to be seen.
We stayed half board and had no complaints about the food at all, you could have what you wanted and were definitly not left hungry. My daughter is a very plain eater and they cooked whatever she wanted every evening.
We were able to swim in the pool anytime night or day and our daughter loved the fact she could swim at night.
The trips we had from the hotel were good, but we are very sceptical about the turtles at Kosgoda as we felt the owner there was trying to make money from releasing the turtles at night. This I didn't think was any fault of Panchi Villa, but the sanctuary. The turtles at Wunderbar were far better and free! The boat trip was really a good experience and the man who operated the boat was very informative and had excellent eyes for spotting.
Onto our wedding - what a fantastic day is all I can say! It was very special and I think the staff added to that. There was only us 3 at the wedding with the exception of the elephant, but it felt like we had guests as they made it really special both during the day and in the evening.
The wedding tuk tuk was just brilliant, they all really made an effort to make our day and our stay really special.
I could go on and on as I loved it all so much, we are definitly coming back! I would recommend it to anyone and it is certainly a great place to get married!
Oh I musn't forget they also do a lovely massage in the ayurvedic centre.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family