“Bad weather did not help us”
Review of Soesokkak Estuary

Soesokkak Estuary
Ranked #9 of 115 things to do in Seogwipo
Reviewed February 6, 2014 via mobile

I watched tv show a while ago about this place before we planned this trip.
I really wanted to rent their see thru cayak to explore jeju's under water world.
Unfortunately it was rainy, windy and cold so there was no rental place opened.
We enjoyed spectacular views but I was devestated..... please check weather reports before you come here if you want to rent any cayak or pedal boats.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

The place is lovely in a postcard sort of way. I wouldn’t insist on going here, and really, I didn’t know about it before our trip; we just followed the suggestion of the guesthouse owner and the driver.

Love water? You get two kinds when you visit this place – a beach to swim in, and a river to canoe in (there’s a whirlpool in the river that people row to just to see). We did neither, since we were on a taxi tour in cold spring weather, and didn’t have any swim gear. We were constrained to just take some pictures here, and tick it off the bucket list.

Might not come back, since there are plenty of nice places in Jeju-do. Once is enough.

Reviewed October 29, 2013

please do some reservation for teu, kayak or cycle if u planning to go on the evening if u came early in the morning u will get chance to use the facilities. We are not that lucky because everything already full book when we arrive at this place. But still we love the view here and it really remind me one of the chuno scene here.

1  Thank mafilee
Reviewed October 3, 2013

Not touristy and very peaceful... I love this place best. Hope it will not get overcrowded. The serene river joins to the sea.
I just wish I managed to rent a kayak but we were too late and they ran out of kayaks for the day...

Reviewed June 5, 2013

The beach's sand is actually volcanic sand/ash which is why it's black, and on a good sunny day the view is marvelous. I'm not sure if it's a lucky occurrence but we spotted jumping fish a distance away from the shore line. I didn't have time to but you can rent transparent kayaks to explore the river which apparently has a whirlpool (not that dangerous according to my guide) at the head. The water is quite clear so you may actually be able to see fishes under the kayak. Otherwise, enjoy the picturesque view of the estuary.

2  Thank dana_zincy