“The view!!”
Review of Hyatt Regency Jeju

Hyatt Regency Jeju
Ranked #9 of 94 Hotels in Seogwipo
Reviewed October 21, 2012

We booked an ocean view room and loved waking up to the blue sea every morning. The views are spectacular. Staff were very friendly, especially the concierge. Whilst this hotel has classic (read: older/retro) fittings, the beds were comfy, toilets clean and rooms spacious. So whilst the rooms did not have fancy smanchsy automated curtains, latest LED TV, or new carpets, we still had a great 3 nights rest.

Do bring ur own toothbrush and shaver though- these do not come free - this was q surprising and we were slightly disappointed by this.

Bfast was OK- not spectacular but I'm not fussy when it comes to bfast tho- cereal, coffee and toast are all I need. And these were provided (amongst other selections of course).

Side note: The Olle Trail route 8 passes through the Hyatt promenade- we hiked this trail (that began near Yakcheunsa temple) but stopped right before Hyatt as the sun had set. Its definitely worth a try!

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Reviewed October 12, 2012 via mobile

What's good
Room size and amenities
Great spoken English
Fab location and setting, great views
Wifi free
Airport limousine service every 15 mins for w3900 route 600
Lots to do within walking distance

The only thing I would change is the size of the bed - a bit "average" for a premium hotel.

Overall, great!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 12, 2012

It is a nice place to stay with family.
There are 2 swimming pools, indoor and outdoor. Outdoor swimming pool is well-designed with nice waterfalls and bridges.
There is Wi-Fi in each room, but if you have no your labtop on you there is a business room in the lobby where you can get access to the Internet,
Friendly staff, most of them can speak good English.
The hotel is remarkable for its cleanliness.We had our room cleaned every day.
Wonderfull landscape and picturesque sea scenery.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed October 6, 2012

On entering the hotel looked splendid, the lobby decor was fascinating. We also got an upgrade from a mountain view to an ocean view. But the magic ended there. This is why:
1. Lobby is in the 4th floor. We got our room in the 2nd floor. Our room is far away from the elevator. So every time we got out of the elevator we had to walk 5 minutes to reach our room. The long winding lobby made me claustrophobic.
2. The bathtub clogger did not work. I called the reception, it was fixed immediately.
3. After taking a bath, the clogger wouldn't unclog again, I again had to call the reception. While the service was quick, if everytime we had to take a bath iwe needed assistance, it doesn't make our stay worthwhile.
4. I had severe throat pain at 11 in the night and I called the reception to find out if they had any generic tablets. Apparently I have to drive out for 20 minutes in the cold to find the nearest pharmacy.
5. You don't even get a free toothbrush in your room. Yes I've stayed in a lot of cheap hotels too, and even they offer free toothbrush and paste. Here you have to pay for it.
6. My husband went for a swim and a saleslady rudely tried to convince him that he has to buy swim shorts for 70 dollars . In his two years in Korea, this is the first place where he encountered a rude person.
7. The indoor pool and the gym is tiny, really tiny. When the name is Hyatt you don't expect to be shocked by pool and gym sizes.
I would have given a one star, but the wifi is good enough that im even writing this review from my room. For the wifi, the lobby and the room view I upgraded it from "Terrible" to "Poor".

Room Tip: Pick Shilla or Lotte
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Hotel met all expectations...even before we arrived at the hotel. Very prompt email response to our enquiries and suggestions for travel plans.
Front desk staff, concierge and lounge staff were all very helpful and attentive to our general needs and also to my little gal...
Lovely scenery from hotel room...also get to experience being on the shooting location of "Boys over Flowers"...hehe...
Very pleasant experience overall and would love to be back!
Special thanx to Sam Lee, Yeonji Joo, Richard Shim and Scott Hong for all your help! :)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank adnil035
Reviewed September 22, 2012

Spent 7 nights at this stylish, up-market hotel during a congress at the Jeju Convention Centre. There were shuttle buses and taxis, but it was also possible to walk to the Convention Centre in about 40 minutes. The hotel is located at the end of gently sloping downhill road and has fine views out to sea and across the beach. There are big fish in an indoor pond which forms the centerpiece of the circular main section of the Hotel. The staff were competent and friendly. The breakfast was very good and the room was well equipped with a little terrace overlooking the marine vistas. Also attended a couple of well organised receptions at the Hotel. All in all, good value, especially with the special conference rates applied.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Satisfaction with a hotel is all about expectations. My expectations were pretty high given my prior experience with Hyatt. Unfortunately, the quality was more the level of Super 8. I was immediately taken aback by the quality of the room. As mentioned by prior reviewers, there were scratches, and scuffs on the walls and the overall condition suggested they are in need of renovation. Second, while it is on the ocean, you might get the impression you can easily access the beach. Well, you cannot. It is a steep set of slippery stairs down to the beach and it is simply inaccessible for those with disabilities or for the elderly. Third, I thought I would use the exercise room so I made an early morning visit. There were very few facilities that were maintained in poor condition. Two treadmills, one out of order. Ridiculous for a Hyatt. Fourth, they have a hot pot that allows you to make coffees and tea in the morning. But the coffee was Sanka. I asked for caffeinated coffee and they brought me more Sanka packets. And, oh, by the way, if your only language is English, you'll be unable to communicate effectively with 90% of the hotel staff. Finally, be ready for $28 pizzas and $30 breakfasts at the hotel. I think Hyatt should be ashamed.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MEATBALLMANNY
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seogwipo
Lotte Hotel Jeju
Ramada Plaza Jeju Hotel
Maison Glad Jeju
Maison Glad Jeju
#1 of 157 in Jeju

Been to Hyatt Regency Jeju? Share your experiences!