The first room I was assigned had furniture that looked like it had bought at the Salvation Army.
Scratches everywhere and stains as well as stains on the bed skirt. When I went into the bathroom the caulking on the tub was coming apart and was stained as was the sink. I asked to be switched to another room, but the furniture in this room was also old and scratched. The tub was also old and had the same problems as the first room. As they offered no other choice I accepted the second room with did have a much better view of the ocean as it was on a higher floor, but this room had a queen and a twin bed instead of the king bedded room I reserved.
It also had a much smaller TV which was oddly placed on a really old badly scratched up cabinet that was not appropriately placed. The food was good but at one dinner I had to wait
ridiculously long for my food to arrive and when it did it was cold. We had to flag down the waiters numerous times during the meal and had to request that they clean the table before ordering desert which also took another 30 minutes to arrive. After requesting the check and it did not arrive we got up and picked it up on our way out. Dining choices are much more limited than they advertise with only one choice for dinner last night in which you could have a buffet or ala carte menu. I was looking forward to staying at this hotel based on the good reviews I had read, but this place really needs a renovation and better management.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Situated in the heart of the Jungmun Resort Complex, the hotel overlooks and has direct access to Jungmun Beach. Close to all tourist attractions, the hotel is a five-minutes drive to the Jeju International Convention Centre and the Jungmun Golf Club.Accomodation - 223 spacious guestrooms and suitesMeeting & Event Space - The hotel has 665m2 of flexible event space with two meeting rooms accomodating up to 400 guests. Alternative outdoor venues offer 3,697m2 of space. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Expedia, Hyatt Hotels Corporation, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, Priceline, Ctrip TA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Hyatt Regency Jeju reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hyatt Regency Jeju Hotel Seogwipo
- Hyatt Regency Seogwipo
- Hyatt Regency Hotel Jeju
- Hyatt Jeju City
- Hyatt Regency Jeju Seogwipo, Jeju Island