The Shilla Jeju
Hotel Sumorum(Seogwipo)
$186
$126
Orbitz.com
All reviewsband playingoutdoor poolbeach accesskorean restaurantyoung familiespool sideteddy bear museumsea viewgreat resortbreakfast buffet isairport busplaystationshillaislandgymconferencesamsung
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went there during winter was fun. I thought it wouldnt be as fun, but thanks to Shilla Jeju that they have so many activities during winter.

The heated pool was great, open air jacuzzi with a TV, cool band playing cool songs, etc.

The room was good but not great, spacious, and clean. The view was fantastic overlooking the garden and sea.

The breakfast was GREAT! So many selections of food and the restaurant is huge.
The staffs were great.

Too bad the casino was not ready when i was there, but overall i love this hotel.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Suryo W
Reviewed January 22, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the Shilla Jeju for 3 nights. We were accommodated in the new wing of the hotel, on the top floor, our rooms facing the sea. The view was great. The room itself was quite spacious, and comfortable, and nicely decorated. The bathroom was huge and seemed modern.

The swimming pool and the surrounding area was decked out in a cozy, and thoughtful way.

The buffet is supposed to be famous, and we weren't disappointed at all.

Service was great, staff were very friendly, and spoke English well.

The only complaint we had was with the animals that were caged in the animal viewing area. . The area was not cleaned on a daily basis. The turtles seemed to be bummed out with this.

Overall, a very pleasant trip.

Room Tip: Book a room in the new wing.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank JosephKim
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I stayed the Jeju Shilla hotel about 3days and i would say it was a pleasant experience to my family. Because the room was clean warm enough and the sea view was very nice. I think they were trying to hard to impress us because the hotel constantly offer event, which was the wine event. The event was good and of course it was free to us. The view from my room was fantastic i can't forget that because the winter sea was good. But, i say the price was a bit expensive. Yeah. If you go to thr island, you may consider you stay at the Shilla hotel. That's it.

Room Tip: You should insist you get a sea view.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Seungchul A
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stayed 3 nites at The shilla Jeju . Our rooms were a deluxe double, facing the sea. However, coming from Lotte Hotel Seoul where we stayed for 4 nites, the rooms at The shilla were instantly disappointing. Even our teenaged children commented "This hotel feels very cheap n basic !) I know this is a resort hotel n the furnishings , I supposed, r supposed to reflect resort living but the furniture n bed, tables, lounge chair all didnt look luxurious, very unbecoming of a luxury-class hotel. ( Hey I know what expensive rattan furniture shd look like!). The toilet accessories r a bare minimum- no tooth brushes, no shaver. For a hotel charging more than $USD 500 a nite, the room n ungenerous toilet accessories came as an unpleasant shock. This hotel is v busy n u hear noisy guests talk along corridors. The hotel reception looks pretty luxurious but dont be fooled. What was worse was the hotel booklet describing the hotel facilities etc r ALL in Korean, causing us to wonder what we r missing out. N we did missed the complimentary wine tour because we didnt know that the tour is only in the evening ! (lost on us!!!) Even the toilet bidet is in Korean. The tv channels r mainly Korean with no translated channels unlike those at The Lotte. Since it has been around for a long time, it just tells u that English-speaking travellers are not welcome there.
I would never trust The Shilla brand ever again!

Room Tip: English-speaking travellers- just keep away if u dont want to be miserable.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
8  Thank mordecai12
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I have been in the Shilla hotel Jeju in the beginning of December, this year, only for 3 days, but I have a feeling of a long-long total relax!
The ambiance was so unforgettable! Everything was perfect! I loved the place, the staff attitude, the room (the simplest one, but very spacious, with mountain view, in the main building). The staff is very helpful and friendly.
Everything is so thoughtful for the perfect rest, and even in the beginning of winter - the hotel was
full of Korean just married couples (loving Jeju isle and visiting it by tradition), families with children, grandmothers and grandfathers, Japanese tourists and a small quantity of western people who know the secret of the place.
The territory around the hotel is so beautiful! - Sea, mountains, sand beach, tropical garden, open swimming pool (the indoor swimming pool is nice also), jacuzzi, sauna, a lot of place to relax. Incredible views! The tangerine trees full of fruits (the season)! You can enjoy tangerines for free - in the lobby of the hotel, every day.
The WI-FI is free, easy and efficient.
The music near the open swimming pool area was not disturbing and not late.
The choice of food was very large, eastern and western, even in the buffet - everything was delicious! I discovered and enjoyed the Korean breakfast - very healthy, and surprisingly for me - no spicy (you can add the spicy sauce, if you like it). The famous Jeju green tea is absolutely amazing! I had the impression to lose weight even after almost one week in Republic of Korea (my clothes became too big).
The transportation is easy (the Limousine bus from the airport is cheap - about 5 USD, it takes about 50 minutes; the buses arrive every 20-30 minutes, you can ask on the reception). The nearest small living area is about 10-15 minutes by walk, with the small markets and restaurants and funny museums - like Teddy bear museum - I haven't time to visit it in my short trip). The possibility of travel around the isle of Jeju - is easy - the buses or the guided tours.
About the room service - just one advice - be careful about the things near the tea and coffee facilities! The are NOT FOR FREE! (The perfume, the brand-name underwear, the big soap and even the toothpaste, toothbrush (!) et cetera - read carefully the price list!). It was a little bit strange - the first minute after seeing that, I just thought it was an incredible 5-star "first class" free stuff. Do not be mistaken and do not open it before reading the price instruction!
Yes, the prices in the hotel are high, but if you decide to choose this hotel for the special occasion (or business trip), you will not regret and will remember it.

Room Tip: I can't say anything about sea view and garden view rooms (they are more expensive, than mine with mountain view), but I was totally satisfied of my mountain view room in the main building. The view was beautiful, the room was spatious, with tea and coffee facilities, the sleep quality was excellent - very quiet. The air condition system was quiet and efficient, but I preferred to open the balcony door and enjoy the air.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business