“Only for its price and location.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Tong Jeju

Hotel Tong Jeju
Ranked #29 of 87 Hotels in Seogwipo
Singapore, Singapore
“Only for its price and location.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2012

I had to stay in Seogwipo city as instructed by the guide for the land tour I signed up for and
I opted for this hotel as the my first choice of accommodation was fully booked and I had a budget. This hotel is quite conveniently located though not on the main road and I had read positive reviews on Agoda prior to booking and was convinced it would be okay and had some expectations but it turned out to be a regret.

I took a short 5mins taxi ride from the limousine bus stop outside New Kyungnam Hotel to Hotel Feliz Telcon as I didnt want to walk. Upon arrival, the hotel looked ok on the exterior. Entered the lobby and was greeted with smell of mildew. The lobby is small with only 1 staff at the reception. The guy at the reception spoke very basic English. I asked him if there was wifi in the room and he said only cable internet but he was nice enough and took a router and followed me up to my room so I could have wifi access. However, as it turned out, though the router work and I could get connected to the wifi, I somehow couldnt surf the internet. I didnt bother to ask for assistance since I was going to be there for 2 nights only.

There is only 1 lift at the hotel and it is of the average size. However, there was a strong smell in the lift throughout my stay. Not sure what smell but it was kind of fishy smell. The corridors to the rooms are not very brightly lit and it looked drab.

The room is quite spacious for a small hotel, and was clean and well kept. There is an air-con with remote control, a fan, small fridge, TV, dresser with lotions, comb and a packet of condom (which led me to conclude that this is a love motel instead or maybe it is common for all hotels in Korea to provide condoms? I guess not.). The toilet is also spacious and 2 small towels are provided. Nothing much to rave about the room as the design was not very appealing.

I was given a room on the top most floor and it was kind of uncomfortable and creepy to wait for the lift as it is right next to the staircase which was leading to the rooftop and the staircase was dark. You can get clean water from the dispenser at the lobby.

As I was travelling, I was very uncomfortable with the fact that it is a love motel. The hotel is located very near to the main shopping street so you are accessible to the shops and a market - the only problem is that you have to walk in from the main road and as I was travelling alone, I didnt feel too safe walking into the smaller road towards the hotel at night.

I was glad I booked this hotel for 2 nights only and moved to another accommodation for the 2nd part of my stay in Jeju-do. This hotel is listed as goodstay by the KTO but I just couldnt understand what made it a goodstay as it is not at all and is actually a love motel. I do not recommend this hotel for female travellers. I should have paid more for another hotel nearby. Will definitely not come back here again.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank lilacsugar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Bowie, Maryland, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2012

I stayed at the Feliz Talcon hotel during part of my vacation to South Korea in April 2012. The place is very old and is in need of renovations. The smell of mildew and smoke greets you in the halls. Upon entrance into my room’s (double bed full) bathroom, the smells of mold was overpowering so much so that I had to open a window and spray Lysol constantly. My room was equipped with half used bottles of lotion and hairspray, a comb, two large cans of bug stray and complimentary condoms on the tiny dresser. I decided to check the beds as an uneasy feeling about the place crept up inside me. When I pulled back the covers to my horror, I found: pubic hair, a mysterious large stain, cracker crumbs, and a squashed bug! When I went to the front desk to ask for new sheets, I was informed that my request would not be accommodated as there were no additional linens available past 5:30 pm when the cleaning staff leaves. The front desk clerk made the suggestion that I sleep atop of the bedspread or in a chair and that I could come back to the front desk at 7:30 am to talk to the cleaning staff. When I asked for a new room, I was informed that the hotel was booked solid. I then requested a refund and after the front desk spent 30 minutes on the phone with the manager, I received a refund. This hotel should be used as a last result only.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.