“very traditional cultural place”

Jeju Folk Village Museum
Ranked #19 of 111 things to do in Seogwipo
Reviewed May 8, 2013

this place offers audio guided tour which we loaned, kind of gotten lost along the way and didnt really follow the sequence. there are many interesting places to see but more of less are quite similar with regard to the houses and all, the area is big and spaced out. it will be great if there are a little more resting areas/bench along the road for visitors to rest along the way. better wayfinding would be good as well.

1  Thank Ralph_Teo
There are newer reviews for Jeju Folk Village Museum

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I read (other places) very bad reviews about the village. I was about to take it off the list. Im glad i didnt. Of course the place is not 100% original, they have to keep renewing it in order to preserve as muchas they can. I loved it, i even took pictures where my favorite Korean dramas where filmed!. Most of the areas are paved but it was great fo me since it made it easy to walk with the stroller.

1  Thank Carla U
Reviewed April 15, 2013

Its only a small area where people are still actually living there! Not much to see but I was captured by the fields filled with yellow canola flowers! ITS BEAUTIFUL!

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Well, this place was big. Need to prepare to walk if you're going at non-peak hours. Why? due to the train not moving.

This place features Korean village, cultural show, donkey / house riding, costume trying & a beautiful setting to get some nice pictures. We enjoyed solid 1-2hours walking. But having to travel with small kids its quite tiring.

Anyway, the replicas of houses & setting was great. Enjoyed buying some quality souvenir at the gift shops. My kids just love the small maze park. I don't op for a tour guide but a head set was just enough for us to make us understand the place.

One thing for sure they're snakes wandering around the place. While walking we come across 2 snakes (small). My kids was terrified! So need to be extra careful for those who bring little kids. Another set back was the small shop selling fast food. I know there's a barrier problem in language but they seem to ignore foreign tourist due to the fact we cant communicate well with each other. Very hard to buy stuff. Water! walking makes you thirsty.

Pro's :- The head set helps to understand the place even-though not so many point haves explanation. Perhaps its an area for improvement.

Con's :- Snakes? Yikes

Overall the place was ok. But will not come again..

Reviewed February 26, 2013

This collection of old houses and replication of villages was fascinating. One could really understand the way of living in the old times when getting up close to the stone construction and thatched roofs and garden plots. This is a perfect walking area for anyone and especially families. As an added bonus the little restaurant on site was reasonable for local dishes.