“worth the effort”

kuala lumpur
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“worth the effort”
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Seongsan Ilchulbong could be a must-go attraction in Jeju. The view is really awesome even before you started to walk up onto the peak. For those who dont really do any exercise (well,like me -.-"), walking up the stairs to the peak would be super tiring but it's all worth your effort once you see the breath taking view from the peak. :D

Visited May 2012

• Thai first
Shah Alam, Malaysia
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“A definite must-visit when you're in Jeju”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Honestly Jeju was awesome, and our visit to Seongsan Ilchulbong peak made it my most vivid memorable moment. We got there late in the afternoon and the sun and lighting was beautiful and we enjoyed the utmost out of the visit.

I made it up to the top, which was definitely worth it despite the tiring walk upwards (it was almost winter and breathing in was difficult, but I wasn't going to leave that peak untouched once I got to the site).

Beautiful view and I could honestly spend hours here.

Singapore, Singapore
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 47 helpful votes
“Amazing view when you get to the top!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

Also known as sunrise peak, however, I didn't make it there during sunrise, which I believe would have been gorgeous. Nonetheless I still had a spectacular view when I went during the day!
The climb was definitely a tiring one, but the sights as I climbed up distracted me for most part and they also had rest stops/benches where you could rest if you got tired.
The crater was totally bare though, as we visited right in the middle of winter when the plants were mostly dead, so if you're expecting to see nice greenery, do it during the other seasons!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Getassha
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“Awesome view”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

It's tiring but you will feel worth it when you reach the top! It s scenic and windy on top. But be careful on the steps .

Singapore, Singapore
22 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 29 helpful votes
“>> It will be worth your while <<”
Reviewed November 18, 2012

When you arrive in Jeju, there will be loads of attractions (I am a great fan of markets myself) competing for your attention. However, please do make sure Seongsan Ilchulbong is high up on your list. When my guide brought my parents and I to Seongsan Ilchulbong, my initial reaction was "wow, that would be quite a climb". The trail up the mountain consists of 4 main parts (1) a gentle slope (2) gentle flight of steps (3) steeper flight of steps and just when you think it is all going to be over, you have (4) the steepest flight of steps between the last platform and the peak. Depending on your physical condition, the walk up takes anytime between 30min to 45min. The view at the top is simply overwhelming... although I wasn't sure if I was overwhelmed more by the sight or by my loss of breath.

Bottomline - You must visit Seongsan Ilchulbong and give it a go and climb all the way to the peak. You won't regret it :). Best time to visit - around 4.00pm or so when rays from the sun are more gentle on your skin.