“The great placa in Jeju”
Review of Tae Gong Gak

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Seogwipo
Tae Gong Gak
Ranked #1 of 189 Seogwipo B&B and Inns
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I stayed here with my friends for 3 days, 26-28JUL. 2013. All room's properties were very clean
and the breakfast -a good spread of breakfast options including toasts, cereal, coffee & tea, milk, cup noodles, bananas, yoghurt etc,- of there also very nice. The owners, Sylvia and Jang, are extremely friendly and made us feel right like home. They are helping us plan our itinerary, making sure we made the most of our trip. They also help us by confirm the phone No. for the GPS and the car rental. I can feel it service of TGG even better than the five-star hotel.
"Absolutely Recommendable!"

Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank Olivia K

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Staying in this hotel based on the positive reviews, and it proves to be right. I and my family had a memorable stay there for 3 nights. Sylvia and Peter were very nice and helped us a lot to get around in Jeju. The room is very clean and the beds are so comfy. The bathroom is big and clean. No disappointment at all.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank At_Suliarta
Reviewed July 22, 2013

I chose this guesthouse as I wanted to have a bit of Korean input after a stay in Seoul in an apt. We certainly got that - Sylvia Jang, the host, couldn't have been more helpful and her recommendations were spot on for the type of stuff we wanted to see - architecture and contemporary art. The room we had was very nice - on the third floor overlooking the harbour. My only reservation is that the breakfast room was very small and on two mornings, really crowded with everyone making coffee, eggs, toast and if you are not keen on company in the mornings, it was a bit overwhelming. That said, if you are friendly and like to communicate, this could be the ideal place for you. The recommended restaurant we went to was also very good. A bit tricky to have tea in the morning - there are cups in the room but you have to go down to the breakfast room to get it. On the whole, though, very good value. Oh - and Sylvia took photos of us and then sent them to us by email the day we left, which was very kind.

Room Tip: Third floor at the front overlooking the harbour - this is the most expensive room but I think worth...
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 16, 2013

We stayed here over Chuseok in 2012, and couldn't have been happier with the facilities, service or location.

Right down the street from the "tourist town," close to the port, waterfalls, ocean hiking and even submarine rides, Tae Gon Gak has a great location. The view isn't bad, either -- head up to the roof and relax in some easy-chairs with a beer, or take a nap in the sun.

The rooms are smaller than your typical hotel room, but extremely nice. Tastefully decorated, with very comfortable beds and quality bedding, spotless and functional ensuite washrooms and even a small bar fridge for water and juice.

Provided in the morning was a tasty continental breakfast, with toast, fresh fruit, spreads, coffee, and tea. Beside the breakfast room is a lovely patio that's great for sipping coffee as you wake up in the morning.

The staff were friendly and very helpful -- they would consistently ask if we needed tourism advice, and helped us to arrange our trip to Hallasan by taxi, as well.

The next time we're in Seogwipo, we'll definitely be back!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Daniel S
Reviewed July 7, 2013

My family and I stayed at TGG for 3 nights from 26th-29th June 2013. We arrived late at night at about 10pm, feeling all hungry and weary after an entire day of travel from Singapore to TGG. The staff at TGG helped us checked in promptly and lended us a hand to bring up our heavy luggages to our room at the second floor. We were then given accurate directions to a nearby restaurant for dinner.

We met Sylvia on the next morning and she was indeed a friendly and helpful lady as many people have suggested here. She recommended us various points of interest in Seogwipo and we were baffled by her vast knowledge of every attraction in Seogwipo. She even went the extra mile to help us make bookings for the Seogwipo Submarine ride which is just a short distance away from the inn. (Inn is conveniently located.)

Finally, we left TGG on the 29th for Busan and my dad discovered that he misplaced something that meant a lot to him. He was visibly depressed and we were all praying hard that he left it behind at TGG. Once we had Wi-Fi connectivity, we immediately emailed Sylvia about it and realised that she had already found my dad's item and were waiting for us to contact her(we had a change of email add so she couldn't contact us)! She asked for my address and promised to mail it back to me! We got home from our trip today and voila, the parcel had even arrived earlier than we did!

Thank you Sylvia for your exemplary display of service and making our journey in Korea an enjoyable and most importantly, a successful one!

*On a side note, TGG has spacious rooms and comfortable floor heating. Breakfast is better than many other guesthouses with a iron griddle to fry your own sunny side up.*

**Attached are photos that are evident of the good service standards of TGG**

Room Tip: No lifts are available so the elderly might prefer rooms on the first floor.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank JungChao
Reviewed July 3, 2013

My friends and I were stayed at TGG 2 nights 20-21 May 2013. It's really most recommended place for stay. All room's properties were very clean. And we can't forget the funny moment when we washed our clothes and dried it in the backyard of the hostel, feel like in our own home.
Sylvia and family were really helpful. She took many pictures of us hahaha.....Next visit to Jeju, we will stay there again....still miss out many waterfall there that we not coming yet before. Khamsa Hamnida Sylvia...

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Mega2001
Reviewed June 26, 2013

My family and I stayed at TGG for 4 nights, The location is convenient to eating places and not far from the stop for airport bus. The driver recommended by Sylvia is equally good and I recommend guest to take the driver. Sylvia is extremely friendly and made us feel right like home. I like cooking the breakfast and the pantry is an excellent place to make friends with others. The music, the cleanliness and warmth will always lingers in my memory forever! Thanks Sylvia for such wonderful stay and generous food. Will definitely come here again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank gwgoh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Seogwipo
Days Hotel Jeju Seogwipo Ocean
#1 of 93 in Seogwipo
Lotte Hotel Jeju
Lotte Hotel Jeju
#2 of 93 in Seogwipo

Been to Tae Gong Gak? Share your experiences!