Ramada Songdo Hotel
  • Pool
$149
$134
HolidayInn.com
See what travelers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 14, 2014

One hotel description for this place was "Big rooms and sparkling views across the West Sea recommend the Ramada to travelers discovering Incheon. The hotel includes a sauna, Jacuzzi, and indoor golf practice, and also a fitness center."

We were looking for a nice relaxing weekend, wanted to stay within the hotel as much as possible. But the Korean and Japanese restraunts are closed. No fitness center, sauna, jacuzzi or indoor golf exist!

Our first room was pointing at the mountains, we wanted a view of the sea. Ha! We got moved from hall 6 to hall 11. The view of the sea was far far far away, pretty much a speck of shimmer can be seen.

The first room was bigger, the second was really cramped. The first looked a bit more remodeled than the second. The second had very nasty carpets and the stench of smoke was heavy.

Since we were hoping to stay within the hotel for a relaxing weekend we were looking forward to comfy beds, not so. We were hoping to rent a movie, not available. For over night, a bed and a small tub is enough. For a relaxing weekend, there is nothing here.

The clerk at the desk was very nice and professional during check in on Friday, but by that night the clerks were useless in English.

Hotel surroundings were not that big of a deal for us because again we were looking for a hotel with amenities to enjoy within the complex, but directly outside there are loads of places to eat. Expensive as it is within a resort area but quality food. There is a bathhouse for women, but there is nothing else here. So if you are looking to get out, this isn't it. Note this hotel is in a small resort area, it's not designed for quick overnight airport lodging, and it is not design to be bounce off point for Seoul tourist...this is more design to be near the airport and capital, but nestle back in its own quite corner.

Room Tip: Room 605 was spacious, room 1015 wasn't....so big rooms are possible, but not all of them are so. You will pay the same price though. Additionally the Korean website shows this hotel has ondol rooms with a floor bed. I'm hoping to this is true, I would much rather sleep here than on this average western beds.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Big7250
Reviewed February 14, 2014

First time I have stayed at this hotel, I have used other establishments in both Seoul and Incheon previously. It would be more tired in appearance than other Korean Hotels of its rating, There is considerable building work going on so I imagine that the whole place will be renovated in due course. Korean bus tours seem to use the place so meal times can be overwhelming if you get your timing wrong. Food and service is fine and the European palate is well catered for. There are many restaurants within walking distance of the hotel. Rooms are large, comfortable and clean. The management seem keen to ensure you are happy with your stay. Over all a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
Reviewed October 2, 2013 via mobile

I visited the Republic of Korea more than 20 times in the last years for business and booked this hotel very often. Rooms, Breakfast and Service are in good international standard level. The hotel is centre of a area with much restaurants and bars and so you have the chance for much different kind (worldwide) of food. The airport is only 20minutes far from the hotel. I recommend the executive room level.

• Stayed: October 2013
1  Thank M W
Reviewed July 20, 2013

Hotel is showing its age. Room is big but toilet is small. I think it is time to renovate the hotel and the rooms. Far from Incheon airport, about 30 minutes bus and taxi ride away. I used the KAL limousine bus and got off at another hotel then its about 8 minutes taxi ride away to this hotel. Lots of restaurants beside this hotel however these restaurants do not cater to tourists as they had a hard time communicating in English. The nearest subway station is also about 8 minutes taxi ride away. No shopping nearby too.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed May 7, 2013

I am not a frequent world traveler but I believe my experience may be an exception. My stay was 10 days in late April 2013
1) The sheets were cleaned.
2) My co-worker returned to his room after a very late night dinner and found it was occupied by other tenants.
3) Due to his displeasure, I was upgraded from a common room, 4th floor, to an executive suite on the 11th floor. There were some differences but the biggest for me was the little room fridge was enclosed and so it made the room more quiet.
4) My room temp was a constant 73 F or above. They informed me that they do not turn on the AC until mid May and to cool my room, I needed to shut off the AC and open my window. Luckily outside temp was in the mid 50-60’s.F. Funny thing is the lobby was cold enough to wear a coat and the personnel working at the desks had heaters.
5) They allow smoking in non-smoking rooms. I could smell the smoke from the neighboring room. To remove the smell, the maid offered to spray air freshener in my room and still allow the neighbor to continue smoking. I did point out the little “No Smoking” sign on both room doors.
6) It looked like gum stuck in the carpet. It’s been there for quite some time.
7) Odor from the bathroom. It seemed that when the neighboring bathroom used their toilet, colored water entered into my toilet. Yes, a simple flush took care of the smell.
8) Lighting – It’s probably a government legal issue, but the lighting is faint in the rooms.
9) The crystals on the chandeliers in the restaurant are covered with blackness. Not to mention about the windows haven’t been cleaned for some time.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank MichaelB050460
큐, 제너럴 매니저 at Ramada Songdo Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 19, 2013

Dear MichaelB050460,

Thank you very much for your review, and we are very sorry about all the issues.

First of all, I am very sorry about your co-worker's situation. I know that room upgrade is not enough to show our apologies. We recently had few problem with out system, but such incident should not happen at the first place. I am very sorry again. For facility issues, they take time but we are planning to improve step by step. We also are trying to renovate the hotel to give customers more pleasant experience staying at our Hotel. We also are troubled over smoking issue. However, we will soon come up with a solution. Until then, I will let our maids know about this issue so that they can improve for better and cleaner service.

Even though we have our weaknesses that we need to solve very quickly, we will continue doing our best to support customers to enjoy staying in out hotel.

Once again, we are very sorry and thank you for sharing your comments, and we look forward to your next visit in Korea and check in at our hotel to provide better services. Thank you.