“Clean and convenient hotel very near to Incheon”
Review of Hotel Zeumes

Hotel Zeumes
Ranked #80 of 132 Hotels in Incheon
Reviewed August 27, 2012

Very nice comfortable hotel, good shops around, especially the next door--shut up and have Coffee. the hotel faces a railway station and Lotte store and other shops are in walking distance.Hotel provided pick up and drop from Incheon last time we were there, I dont recall charges but it was not much or may be complimentary.

Room Tip: rooms facing the hills and rail station have a good view. this is good as a transit hotel if you are...
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank SLochan

Reviewed March 30, 2011

My wife and kids did not get a room here, because "someone" has canceled the reservation between my on-line booking and the day of arrival. Of course that "someone" did not tell us that it is cancelled and they were terrible sorry, but there were full.

Just avoid this hotel. You can see that the good reviews in this page are untruth, made by the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank BITravel
Reviewed September 27, 2010

I booked this hotel by calling the hotel directly and I asked for a special discount rate. I was surprised when the Front Office girl transferred me to the owner! The owner offered me a rate and took my full name and said he had made a note of my arrival/departure dates but he asked me to book the room online so my info is in the system. I did as I was told. I booked the room online. To be sure that there was no misunderstanding, I made a third effort of emailing the hotel to say I had spoken to the owner, I was quoted a special rate, he had booked a room for me, but at his advice I had booked online and I was emailing to make sure there was no duplicate reservation and also that the correct rate would be applied because the online system had a different rate. I received a confirmation that said I should go to Info counter at Incheon airport and they would call for the shutle bus to take me to ZeuMESS.

Three days later I arrived in Seoul Incheon airport and when they called, the girl said they had no booking for me and no rooms. I took the phone and spoke to the front office girl who denied I had spoken to the owner-manager of the hotel, who denied I had a reservation and denied I had ever emailed them! It was late at night. I was getting upset. The young lady at airport info desk called her manager and she came down. The manager at first believed the hotel. WHY WOULD THEY DENY YOU A ROOM?

I showed her the confirmation and the web site was tagged in my browser and showed her the copy of the email from my Outlook EXpress. As I was doing this, the front office desk of the hotel sent me an email that said: "sorry for the night you want a room, we have no room." She had dated the email THREE DAYS ago. But of course the email arrival time was the truthful date and the Airport Info manager saw it all!

She called the hotel hotel and confronted them. And they now changed their story: yes they had in fact received my bookingbut they immediately advised there was no room. The Airport Info manager was now visibly upset on the phone for being lied to.

Then we tried to test their reservation system and we were allowed to book yet another room for that night! So they had rooms but they were waiting for a group to arrive and so the independant traveller .... be damned. They did not care.

The lady Aiprt Manager said "It is very clear now that this hotel is being untruthful. We will not recommend them anymore to any guest." After a LONG wait (over two hours) they booked me another room in another hotel and I got two and half hours of sleep that night.

ZeuMESS hotel name says it all. It is a ZOO. And it is a MESS. DO NOT BOOK HERE! You are dealing with the greatest liars in the tavel industry.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
11  Thank PROFKV
Reviewed September 10, 2010

This hotel should be renamed "Dishonesty Central Hotel". From the moment I checeked in to the time I checeked out, the staff and management treated me with maximum dishonestly. My wallet was stolen within an hour of check in time. They had non-uniformed staff come in at will: two men to look at my aircopnditioner (when in fact there seemed to be nothing wrong with it) and the bell boy who delivered my small bag containing my wallet (which had been conveneiently forgotten the first time they sent my bags up). I went down to Front Desk to complain and to find the bell boy who took my bags and they kept me for well over half hour asking non-sensical questions. Then they told me "Someone had gone and checekd my room and my bags seemed to be zipped up and nothing could go missing if the bags were zipped up." I was angry: of corse the person who had opened my bag to remove my wallet would zip it up. They told me to check my room again. I went back up to find whoever had ented my room had removed my business tie (whoch was the only one I had with me) and my belt (removed from my pants that I had left behind on my bed). I demanded they call the police and they said they do not have reason to call the police but I could go to police if I want to. I was afraid my other stuff and computer will go missing, whilst I am gone. So I took all my stuff and went down to check out. They would not refund me! I could not go to another hotel because now I had not enough money and no credit cards. I put the chair behind the locked doro to protect myself and I spent that horrific night in zeumes hotel. Then began the ordeal of having to call my credit card companies to inform them of the loss of my credit cards. I got a ride to the airport and will never return to this cursed country.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
5  Thank oslo_gentleman
Reviewed July 21, 2009

We had stayed at Zeumes for 2 nights between coming back from Phuket honeymoon. to going to US. We booked Zeumes ffor $70 per night at reservation desk at the airport. Within 5 minutes, hotel manager came and helped our luggage to pick-up van and drove about 10 minutes to airport town. I saw Queen hotel, June hotel next to this hotel. The service clerk at the reservation desk told us that price at hotels this town are the same. I had an impression of Zeumes being the newest one in neighbourhood. The manager was professional and kind enough to give us upgrade to honeymoon suite which we enjoyed very much. The suite was spacious and comfortable. I felt lucky because Korean hotels don't give upgrade very often and it was quite nice for priice I paid. Next day, we saw a different manager who offered us to install Korean language in my husband's laptop so I can read and write Korean language. We were surprized by exceptional service. Both managers we encountered during our stay spoke excellent English and the second manager introduced him as computer science guy and he got master's degree in CA. I was under impression that those guys are the owners and running business themselves but didn't ask to confirm. They also have a spacious entertainment room at the lobby so you can use free internet and play pool.. I didn't eat breakfast so I don't know the service and quality but my husband said it was fine except that he was the only one at the 2nd floor restaurant that time. My guess it that although Zeumes facility looks better than June- we had stayed at June Hotela night before we went honeymoon - it is underestimated. I am actually giving more credit to Zeumes. I read tfrom other review that the staffs were not very personal, I guess it can be true. The staff at front was distant when managers were not around. Over all, I loved my stay and recomment it to business traveller or people in transit.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
1  Thank tkahng
Reviewed April 14, 2009

After arriving from Auckland this was the spot they finally brought us to after nearl an hour waiting and confusion at the airport. Too many travellers had a connecting flight the following day and had the overnight stay included in their itinary. Unfortunaly Korean Air is not really good at organizing the whole thing. The carried us there in an overfilled van with other tired and exhausted travellers. The room at the hotel smelled of years of smoke, the bathroom was reasonably clean but the overall impression was far from clean. Food or minibar was not available so we dragged us out into the freezing cold air and found a 24h convenience shop with instant noodles for survival. Breakfast the next day consisted of toast, instand coffee and even if its free - skip it.

Would never ever stay there again if it can be avoided.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple
2  Thank anjaintokyo
Reviewed February 12, 2009

I arrived at Incheon airport without a hotel booking, and decided to brave the hotel desk - usually a sure strategy to get ripped off, but I don't know Korea and I needed advice on hotel locations. I told the attendant that I wanted a hotel near the airport, at budget prices, with access to restaurants and bars. She recommended three - Zeumes, June and Sevilla (sp?), and I chose Zeumes for the stupid reason that I liked the brochure.

I couldn't have made a better decision.

As it turns out, the three hotels are in the same street, in what appears to be an airport dormitory suburb about 10 minutes away by car. The all appear similar from the outside, so probably any would have been an OK choice.

A very new Hyundai van and driver appeared quickly to take me to the hotel (free of charge). Check-in was efficient, and I was quickly on my way to my room.

I was a little uncertain in the corridor on my room floor as the carpet is rather old, worn and stained. Opening my room door, however, I found a very pleasant and well maintained room.

The room was furnished with one double and one single bed, a desk, a sofa (rather tight for space because of the single bed), and a wardrobe. The wardrobe contained a mini-fridge with two bottles of complimentary water. An air purifier was running in the room, and perhaps it was doing its job - I preferred a non-smoking room and I didn't notice any significant smoke residue, unlike many Asian hotel rooms.

The bathroom was basic, with a bath/shower, a wash-basin and toilet, but everything worked well. People often complain about Asian bathrooms flooding. Well, this one had a little water leakage from the shower, but it wasn't too bad at all. The water was hot and plentiful.

What surprised me was the quietness of the room. Looking out the window I could see a section of freeway, a high speed rail line, and a truck parking area for overnight stops. Normally that would send me screaming from my room, but I couldn't hear a thing! The quality of glazing and construction was fantastic.

The bed was firm-to-hard (again, an Asian thing) but I slept really well that night.

You wouldn't stay in this hotel for tourism - the hotel I stayed in central Seoul on my outward journey was much better - but as a transit hotel it is hard to go past Zeumes. One highlight is the sheer volume of restaurants and pubs in the area. I saw fresh seafood, fresh barbecue beef, Asian delicacies of most types, as well as one or two Western options. These places were full of local residents, so I think they represented good value. I know I was very happy with the cook-on-table barbecued seafood I had for dinner within 500m of the hotel.

My return to the airport was as efficient as my arrival. I checked out, paid the bill, and was straight away taken to the airport (around 10 minutes) in the same nice car as I arrived. Again, free.

If this review is read by the hotel management, I'd like to make one small recommendation - fix up your web site and stop advertising that you have a bar on premises. There USED to be a bar, but now they've stopped using it and the counter sits empty. Frankly, I'm surprised they don't make better use of this space as a coffee shop/bistro to put some life into the lobby, but I guess they've got their own plans.

Anyway, I was perfectly satisfied by my stay at this hotel. It wasn't five-star, but nor was its price. It wasn't a tourist resort, but I just wanted an efficient transit, and to see something "local" for a day. I got exactly what I wanted. I'd stay here again if transiting through Korea.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank RonDunn