Best Western Premier Incheon Airport
$51
$168
$157
  • Pool
All reviewsfree shuttlevisit seoulearly flightkorean foodbreakfast buffetstayed here for one nightdecent hotelshort stayexitarrivalsscheduleconvenienceairplaneconnectiontransfer
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Married to my wife from South Korea, who was raised, as an orphan, in Switzerland, we arrived on our first trip to Seoul. We booked the BW Premier, 3 minutes from the airport by complimentary shuttle. Our flight arrived at 8:15 pm, their last shuttle service was scheduled to run at 9:30 pm. We just made it out, stressing, running, and got to their station 2 minutes prior to the last departure. 3 buses in waiting area, no bus drivers. I went back inside looking for the drivers and to exchange some cash. When I came back outside, a full fledged screaming fit was displayed by one of the drivers, who made some very disrespectful gestures towards my wife and 10 year old daughter. I approached to find out what was going on, only to hear that the drivers (all 3 of them) refused to take us to the hotel, supposedly the last shuttle had already left, and the stationed, remaining 3 buses were set aside for airline crew and groups. I had the driver contact the hotels front desk, who was trying to talk the driver into taking us to the hotel, however, this ended up in yet another screaming display by Mr. Kim, one of the drivers. He yelled into the phone, arguing with the front desk, gesturing towards my wife. A kind gentleman, who spoke a bit of English, awaiting his groups arrival, tried to intervene, however, to no avail. He "carefully and gently" told us that the bus driver had no kind words for my wife, obviously displeased by the fact that Korean women does not speak his language and was married to me, a white man. His behavior was so aggressive and demeaning, that my gut had a knot, considering that this was the very first trip back to Seoul for my wife, who was adopted at the age of 3. This has never happened to me, ever. After confronting the hotels management the next morning, providing name of the driver and all necessary details, it was granted to pay back the taxi fee (not easy to get a taxi anyway for a 3 minute drive, so he charged us about 3 times the going rate, understandably), refund for $ 9.00. I explained that for me it wasn't about the money, but rather about the discriminatory behavior of their staff, the refusal to take us back to the hotel, despite our on time arrival. The apology by the "rooms division manager" did not come across heartfelt. He never offered to apologize to my wife, after my conversation with him and their bus drivers are supported by the management. I am appalled by the overall experience as well as the reaction by the management. The rooms were adequate, small but clean. The temperatures, by government regulation can't be under 25 degrees Celsius, which makes the airport, the lobbies, the rooms, in the heat of the summer, quite hot and creates discomfort. All that I could have easily dealt with, which should have been a simple one night stop over, however, my family was in for a treat, "Welcome to Seoul / Incheon Airport".

Room Tip: Pay extra and stay at the Hyatt, there are not many options at the airport anyways.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Joerg R
Reviewed July 10, 2012

Regularly do a one night trip to Seoul with business in Paju City. usually stay downtown but the traffic delays got too much so thought I would try this airport hotel. Location worked very well for me and the hotel was good without being great. No problem with anything everything was as it should be with basic but clean rooms, OK restaurant and a great location for my needs. Staff were very good and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank digifella
Reviewed June 21, 2012

I began and ended my adventure in South Korea at this hotel. I was with a group that frequently stays at this hotel and for that reason I believe we were treated very well. The rooms and baths were very nice. The view from outside the windows however were not so much. The area is under some construction and therefore things are a bit in transition. The only meals we had there were breakfast and I found it to provide a good variety of local options as well as good ol' American cereal. The shuttle service was on time and the hotel is so close to the airport it only takes a couple minutes to get there. I also had some odd things going on with the room key but in the end it was an "operator error" issue.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank CHolt26
Reviewed June 21, 2012

Excellent room a few minutes from the airport. Zero complaints. Everything was as expected.

Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo
2  Thank Drewdini123
Reviewed June 16, 2012

I stayed at this place for 1 night. I found overpriced and the service is poor, the room service is expensive and doesn't tasty that good, no internet wireless signal in my room, wake-up call didn't work..I was really disappointed.
The hotel is close to the airport and the shuttle at least in my case, worked fine.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business